Re: September Army Thread

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
    It reminds me of tooth floss cooked Molly,bleh
    HAHA with oily strings in de middle :applouse:
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I've just had some dreadful news. My pal that I started volunteering with at the sober cafe died in his sleep last night. He'd been there a few weeks when I started and showed me the ropes.
      Sober 3 years, just 52 years old and so happy and just a joy to know. I adored that wee man.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Night all. So so sorry JC, what a shock. None of us know what is ahead of us. Take care of yourself. Busy day again. Watched the rugby this morning and then long hike. Picked up Chinese on the way home. Stuffed, tired and watching crap tv right now. Work tomorrow so going to have an early night.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          I've just had some dreadful news. My pal that I started volunteering with at the sober cafe died in his sleep last night. He'd been there a few weeks when I started and showed me the ropes.
          Sober 3 years, just 52 years old and so happy and just a joy to know. I adored that wee man.
          Thats no age to die.. Sorry to hear that JC.

Weekends are way to short. Seriously. Didnt get anything on my list done. Developing some LTE feelings towards bridge (list ticking envy).
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning..sorry to hear that Jackie

Must up..too right weekends too short!

Comment

Evening me loves.

JC, that is awful news. None of my business of course but just wondering if it was anything to do with the drinking. It's the ultimate fear really. Finally get rid of this vile habit then realise that the damage is already done. 52 is ridiculously young to die. Poor man.

Mary my list for holidays included pretty much painting the house inside out. By myself. In a week. Taking lists to the next level. However much I get done on the weekend I try to compare with how much I got done while drinking. Big 0, So I'm way ahead.

What have we forgotten from our pass-out past ? Everything I would have thought. Entire movies, series and conversations. Events, days. Sometimes weeks.

I've had to re-watch entire seasons of shows in the past.

Came home and took out half a tree after work today (tick, Mary) so off to bed early.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Sleep tight Bridget. You will get through your list bit by bit, it’s not a race and it’s great to remember everything. I still fall asleep watching Netflix but at least I can remember the point I fell asleep at the next day and rewind. Horrible horrible day here. Just in from work so need to get grub.

Comment

Just popping in to say goodnight - bit of a fraught day.. so onwards to tomorrow! Sleep well all

Comment

Evening,
                    Just couldn't post this morning, just kept getting overwhelmed by it all .........even Mr. JC shed a few tears yesterday.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].............it could have been drinking. It fecks about with every organ in our body and our immune system. We fret over our livers and forget about all our other vital organs.......... I know I did.
                    He had PTSD (he was ex-army from his time in Kosova) and COPD. We'll not know until the PM.
                    He's the lad I always talked about living in a tent with only ducks for company.

I :heartbeat: lists. Don't look at what you haven't done focus on what you have done...............got those words of wisdom from a psychiatrist for I saw for a while. The money we spend looking for a 'cure'.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Poor man [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. I remember you talking about him. It will be a while I suppose before the PM.
                      One thing we do very differently to the UK is funerals. We bury very quickly.
                      Did he still live in the tent?

I had to watch loads on netflix again Bridge! Its not even blackouts Id say, its the drunk sleeping brain not getting a chance to make connections of the days events, so memories just fade away..

Mornings, we missed out on a lot of good ones.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
                        [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............do you need to get something off your chest to get yourself un-fraught?

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].........he had his very own flat and a couple of goldfish. He went back to re-hab, got into a halfway house type thing, then a flatshare and he was as proud as Punch when he got the keys to his very own front door.
                        Yep, there'll be a PM.
                        Its just taken four weeks to bury my friend's aged aunt. I've no idea why. We used to be done and dusted with seven days up until about six/seven years ago. No idea why. Perhaps we're having less and less religious ceremonies and more and more celebrations of life.

I'm finding my short-term memory shot to bits.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sounds like a few bad days were had yesterday (your time)
                          I think you'll all be waking up again soon so I've left a giant pot of proper leaf tea on the kitchen table steaming hot and a Dutch type breakfast with bread, ham, cheese, nice pickle for something different. Then one of those licorice things that they suck on all the time to pop in your mouth on the way to work.
                          Nothing wrong with emotional eating (says 30 pounds of extra fat)

Mary I also saw movies that I thought were SO FUNNY when I watched them drunk. Turns out they were completely banal, poorly acted rubbish.

I have tried 2 nights in a row to watch Gardener's World, fallen asleep half way through, rewound and done exactly the same thing the next night. I think I'm just so excited to have my sober nights back again and there's just so much fun stuff I want to get into that I've worn myself out. The hours after work are just this amazing resource that I was p*ssing up a wall. I'm just so glad the whole relapse lasted months instead of years.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I don't know why, but last night I was thinking about the first time I saw pickled eggs floating about in the jar on the counter at the chippy where I lived. I was a bit drunk and out with some English girls that I knew and I could not stop laughing at them all bobbing around in there. Then we all started giggling about them and the chippy bloke was just staring at us in disbelief.
                            Anyway...
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              Morning,
                              [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............do you need to get something off your chest to get yourself un-fraught?

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].........he had his very own flat and a couple of goldfish. He went back to re-hab, got into a halfway house type thing, then a flatshare and he was as proud as Punch when he got the keys to his very own front door.
                              Yep, there'll be a PM.
                              Its just taken four weeks to bury my friend's aged aunt. I've no idea why. We used to be done and dusted with seven days up until about six/seven years ago. No idea why. Perhaps we're having less and less religious ceremonies and more and more celebrations of life.

I'm finding my short-term memory shot to bits.
                              Now that you say that my memory ain't too bad at the minute - but I'm getting my words sort of jumbled up again.. struggling for the right word to put into a sentence and it just doesn't surface to the top of my brain..last time that happened it was a B12 deficiency.. but part of me worries that it is some long term damage...…….or just shagging old age!
                              Never understood the length of time it takes to get buried in the UK - we do the whole 3 day thing - moved to the morgue.. off to the laying out place and then into the ground - simple's!!
                              Fraughtdom…. ach - part of it (well all of it really but I don't talk about some of it) is old hat.. you in particular will remember my hassles with Joe and the 'moods' -- he's improved incredibly -- but--- we had/have a sort of relationship tetchiness on and off with my 2nd son.. he's really difficult to communicate with - now it's not just us - I'm aware of that - he has a difficult personality at the best of times - but.... he was here on Sunday and he sat in a corner - looked at his phone - mumbled at us - and left... it just feels so hurtful -- and I think that's spiralling Joe back into a 'mood' (read depression..) -- if it was just my son I'd say well 'feck you' in my head - he's an adult and if he wants to 'discard' us -- so be it -- BUT - he's the daddy of my two eldest grandchildren - so if we don't see him... we don't see them...…...……......… so yeah ---- fraught... haven't really ever spoken about this before - hope I don't regret it

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                              I don't know why, but last night I was thinking about the first time I saw pickled eggs floating about in the jar on the counter at the chippy where I lived. I was a bit drunk and out with some English girls that I knew and I could not stop laughing at them all bobbing around in there. Then we all started giggling about them and the chippy bloke was just staring at us in disbelief.
                              Anyway...
                              And this is another thing I probably shouldn't say -- I STILL miss those ridiculous nonsense hysterically funny drunken little occasions...…….and of course I know they were long long gone -- no part of me thinks by drinking that'd ever happen again -- just yeah -- those funny times --- hilarious!!

EDIT -- sorry - press send prematurely -- good morning everyone
                              Last edited by mollyka; September 24, 2019, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Oh Boris!!!!
                                Last edited by mollyka; September 24, 2019, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X