Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army Thread

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]............here's one a knitted earlier

Bit of Quadrophenia for us tonight. Just because.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      @NoSugar............here's one a knitted earlier

Bit of Quadrophenia for us tonight. Just because.
      Whoa, you’ve got knitting skills I can only dream of:haha:!

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
        Whoa, you’ve got knitting skills I can only dream of:haha:!
        Can you imagine the cost of the yarn? You'd need a mortgage.

The woman next door knits socks. I'd love to ask her 1) Why? 2) Who for?.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Why the feck would you knit socks ?
          We did in school in the Dark Ages - took me a full year to knit one green sock :haha:

When I think of some of the things we had to learn in school from the Nuns I also say WHY ?????
          e.g darning a sock, hemming a handkerchief, cooking 'invalid food'........
          Oh and the best of all - a Papier-mâché puppet - where the nuns told us to go find sheep's wool for the hair. Could be found on wire fencing usually they said.
          In the city :egad: ?????

Comment

I had to wear a knitted first communion dress!! All that got me was classmates saying with a sneer, “Why is your dress made out of yarn?”
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Originally posted by Slo View Post
              I had to wear a knitted first communion dress!! All that got me was classmates saying with a sneer, “Why is your dress made out of yarn?”
              There’s the reason I stick with knitted neck-ware (and I don’t mean ties)!

Comment

I was just wondering why you would need to validate food, but of course it's INVALID food - sickers.
                As for knitting - no patience, not going to happen.
                Fly free Monty. How long do those things live? They are very cute.
                I am still conducting business form bed even though it's past 11 am. I had major plans but wind is still blasting everything and my new obsession with Facebook Marketplace won out. I get to do stuff like this now.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Thought my firstcommunionday was bad - only one in black patent shoes - again would love to as mum WHY????:eek-new:
                  We had to make lampshades and rugs...remember my poor mother trudging round town looking for the stuff to make the rugs and they cost a fortune....horrendous things...mine was a bed for Helga the boxer - even she wasn't that keen...scratchy i guess..bit like Slo's communion dress?:harhar:
                  Last edited by mollyka; September 8, 2019, 02:22 AM.
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    Thought my firstcommunionday was bad - only one in black patent shoes - again would love to as mum WHY????:eek-new:
                    We had to make lampshades and rugs...remember my poor mother trudging round town looking for the stuff to make the rugs and they cost a fortune....horrendous things...mine was a bed for Helga the boxer - even she wasn't that keen...scratchy i guess..bit like Slo's communion dress?:harhar:
                    :harhar:

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                      I was just wondering why you would need to validate food, but of course it's INVALID food - sickers.
                      :haha:
                      Snigger if you must but validating Milk Pudding was a serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                        That took a while for the penny to drop. :eek-new:
                        I've got an ancient tome given to my great-grandma on her marriage..........it contains handy hints on how to dismiss servants, write to the King, the essential guide to a newly wed's kitchen.......including a fish trough. Fascinating as it is.......... why the feck would someone buy it as she was a miners wife on about £1 a week with an outside toilet. :egad:
                        Anyway it also contained many invalid recipes ........two always stuck in my mind...........white bread dunked in egg white and fishbone clear broth :eeew:

They were just jealous.
                        Last edited by JackieClaire; September 8, 2019, 04:04 AM.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Ladies you are on a roll, lol. Didn’t have the knitted communion dress. Mine came in a parcel from USA. Older cousins. The excitement when those parcels arrived. Do remember those rugs Molly, ugh.

Had lovely evening. Went to Nepalese restaurant and then show on wild life in the west of Ireland. Awake bright and early. Think I will do a bit in the garden.

Comment

Our communion dresses were made from my mams wedding dress.
                            My confirmation dress on the other hand was completely hideous. We thought I was cutting edge because I wasn't dressed in a suit.
                            Mind you, I thought my daughter was cutting edge in her skater dress and docs, but she'll probably look back and cringe too!

Sounds like a fab evening Rustop :happy2:
                            That is hilarious [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], hold onto it, you dont hear nuggets of history like that!
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

God yeah Mary the things we thought were only GORGEOUS and we look back???!!!!
                              My mum was a great dressmaker - made my sister's wedding dresses and all..I was terrified she'd offer to make mine ..the hippy era was round then and that's what I wanted ..so I popped into a shop off Suffolk st and bought my dress for 50 quid and brought it home on the train..the fuss and palavar that goes on nowadays

Morning all!
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning,
                                Jenny & the BF arrived earlier than expected and it was just one of those lovely afternoons. I forgot to give her one of her pressies so I'll give it to her for Chrimbo.
                                [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].........I'm keeping it. Its a bit ragged. Would you believe there's also a section on reading palms and tarot cards. :eek-new:
                                I had two wedding dresses .......... I've been married twice...........first one my Nana made, the second one I hired. Looking back they're sooooooooooo dated.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X