September Army Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army Thread

The bloke next door is getting a new window and part of his roof fixed..........sounds like they're in our back bedroom doing it from the inside. And.............and the boss came round to ask if we needed ours done. How very dare he.........if he can't notice that we've had it done at a costly amount.........he's either blind, daft or a chancer. Its less than a year old.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    Oh Boris!!!!
    He'll be at the headmaster's office waiting for the cane.

Luckily the Rugby's on..........ITV4. Samoa v Russia.

Ahh, Molls, you're caught bertween a rock & a hard place...........say to much and you're a nagging besom..............say too little and you don't care. I have no answers apart from when we were having quite similar probs (but without little ones) with the S&H I got Mr. JC to have a word with him............in one ear out of the other comes to mind.
    Mr JC's got some yoyos left from the stag party.........shall I send him over.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

BTW has anyone ever eaten a pickled egg?
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        The bloke next door is getting a new window and part of his roof fixed..........sounds like they're in our back bedroom doing it from the inside. And.............and the boss came round to ask if we needed ours done. How very dare he.........if he can't notice that we've had it done at a costly amount.........he's either blind, daft or a chancer. Its less than a year old.

He'll be at the headmaster's office waiting for the cane.

Luckily the Rugby's on..........ITV4. Samoa v Russia.

Ahh, Molls, you're caught bertween a rock & a hard place...........say to much and you're a nagging besom..............say too little and you don't care. I have no answers apart from when we were having quite similar probs (but without little ones) with the S&H I got Mr. JC to have a word with him............in one ear out of the other comes to mind.
        Mr JC's got some yoyos left from the stag party.........shall I send him over.
        OMG you can send that charmer over ANYTIME!! We can compare our fake hips!!! yeah - Joe is muttering about talking to him but...… oh I dunno - feel it could just make things worse - most of the time it's 'manageable' - I will tinker with things a bit in that I'll make sure if he's coming up that some of the other sprogs are here so it's not just me feeling like that... in this case I think time will heal - he's all grown up (35) and a successful business man etc... but jeez he can be very juvenile - like dealing with a teenager sometimes... it was good just to let it out of my head here actually - so thanks!!!

BTW has anyone ever eaten a pickled egg?
        I have never even SEEN a pickled egg never mind eaten one.. must be an engerlish sort of thing.... wonder has Boris ever had one:happy2:
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          Now that you say that my memory ain't too bad at the minute - but I'm getting my words sort of jumbled up again.. struggling for the right word to put into a sentence and it just doesn't surface to the top of my brain..last time that happened it was a B12 deficiency.. but part of me worries that it is some long term damage...…….or just shagging old age! Oh my God, me too!!! At times I've thought it was a brain tumour - which is the most logical and only conclusion of course. Jeez I'm going to try some B12 though!

And this is another thing I probably shouldn't say -- I STILL miss those ridiculous nonsense hysterically funny drunken little occasions...…….and of course I know they were long long gone -- no part of me thinks by drinking that'd ever happen again -- just yeah -- those funny times --- hilarious!!
          I laugh all day long these days, Molly, because I'm not a miserable, stinking, exhausted drunk any more. Wasn't a problem drunk in those days but it was on the way!
          I wonder what's wrong with that boy of yours? I thought they'd just reach a certain age and go off and do their own thing, ceasing to be dependants. Nope. It's never over.
          In we go for a third attempt at Gardener's World without falling asleep! Wish me luck!
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Cultural history at its best..............think the pickled eggs are a NE of England/Scottish thing. Besides the gigantic jar full of pickled eggs there's always a gigantic bottle of pickled onions.........prolly been there since WW1. Only to be found in fish and chip shops. I've never seen one bought.
            Bit like jellied eels being a cockney thing........:sick:
            Perhaps I should write a cultural difference food book rather than watching rugby.

Liking the idea of the other sprogs being there.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Cross-post Bridgeeee,
              I've just dug my VitB12 out of the cupboard.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Cultural history at its best..............think the pickled eggs are a NE of England/Scottish thing. Besides the gigantic jar full of pickled eggs there's always a gigantic bottle of pickled onions.........prolly been there since WW1. Only to be found in fish and chip shops. I've never seen one bought.
                Bit like jellied eels being a cockney thing........:sick:
                Perhaps I should write a cultural difference food book rather than watching rugby.

Liking the idea of the other sprogs being there.
                I always thought those eggs were just a bar thing,as a kid my mom had me tag along to a few bars (late 70's early 80's rules were different I guess) and they all had them sitting up on the bar top along with a huge jar of reddish sausages I still remember the taste of the sausage but never had an egg! Jackie,I'm very sorry about your friend,too sad waves to all the Army
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening everyone. I am another one who has never had pickled eggs. That Book could be a seller JC, think how much we learn from all the different cultures here on MWO. Always find it fascinating.

Think it’s an age thing Molly. One of the women in my crochet group was saying the exact same thing as you last week. She worries and then hears someone else doing the same thing and finds consolation in it.

Comment

Pickled eggs? Nope, not at gunpoint!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                      Evening everyone. I am another one who has never had pickled eggs. That Book could be a seller JC, think how much we learn from all the different cultures here on MWO. Always find it fascinating.

Think it’s an age thing Molly. One of the women in my crochet group was saying the exact same thing as you last week. She worries and then hears someone else doing the same thing and finds consolation in it.
                      gawd I guess you're right Rusters -- bit depressing tho - s'posed to be able to use my head for work for another 5 years or so!!!!!

Originally posted by techie View Post
                      TECHIE!!! great to see you lovely! How are things with you these days?

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                      I always thought those eggs were just a bar thing,as a kid my mom had me tag along to a few bars (late 70's early 80's rules were different I guess) and they all had them sitting up on the bar top along with a huge jar of reddish sausages I still remember the taste of the sausage but never had an egg! Jackie,I'm very sorry about your friend,too sad waves to all the Army
                      Were these eggs in the US Pauly???? tell me they didn't get over there????:congratulatory:
                      Waves back to you too -- hang out a bit here why don't you - it's sad the Steppers have called it a day

Comment

Quick has someone put the kettle on, Bridgeee will be up in a minute. Did she want kippers or a bacon sandwich for her brekkie?
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                          Me too.
                          [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...........were they little hotdogs? Might have given them a go.

They're rabbiting on about raising the retirement age to 70 at the moment over here. Mr JC has to go 67 when he gets his pension. There'll be no swanning off into the sunset for us two. I'll be 71.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yup..I'll be 67 as well but tbh i do think people are so much fitter and live much longer it's probably right...retirement would scare the life out of me
                            Off to bed for this old bird...talk tomorrow xx

Comment

Night, pet.
                              He'll probably go part-time. We'd be at each other's throats by day 3.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I blame the fecking phones on everything. Its like an extension of their arms. When the heads are bent over, they dont even look right or left crossing the road! You son is not engaging because hes probably got nomophobia - they all have it. In my opinion.
                                As a mother of teenagers with phones that have to be surgically removed from their hands, i can still make a few house rules, but its your house Molly, make something up. Mobile free Sunday, phones go into a box.. Hide it, smash it, microwave it. Then observe what happens next.

(I would now like to ask bridge what that app is that calculates how much you save not drinking, but I cannot, after my little rant).

Mr M would retire in the morning if he could, he could potter away for decades, happy out. I'm not so sure.
                                Last edited by IamMary; September 24, 2019, 05:29 PM.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X