Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Morning all.

Totally agree Satz, The lack of control and the secrecy although we have all done it it head melting. I feel that trust is betrayed which is horrible

Mary he said he would do AA if he struggles. He seems happier just now and has a different attitude to his work plus he is doing a lot of walking which is great.

Jax yes the rugby will be on at our house too although I wont watch it. Might watch the end if favourable

Whats up with your bro Bridge?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
      Mary he said he would do AA if he struggles. He seems happier just now and has a different attitude to his work plus he is doing a lot of walking which is great.
      This could be totally off the wall [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] but would this have been, subconsciously of course, trying to get your attention ?
      There's been a lot going on with you and maybe he was feeling left out ? (men are big children after all - finding it hard to express themselves )

Just a shot in the dark...

Comment

Right off to work :horse:
        Later .... for more amateur psychology :haha:

Comment

Morning,
          Half-time.
          Be careful Ireland you have to face this later this morning...................LADbible Australia - Four Year Old Boy Performs First Haka | Facebook

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............
          Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          I laughed at this because it reminded me of this :
          Fawlty Towers: Polly dresses as Sybil - YouTube
          :hahaha: You know that's exactly what I was thinking of.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]...........you sound better..........like you've got a load off your chest........a problem shared and all that kind of stuff. The men I know from AA have a heck of a social life.

Flu jabbing awaits.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            This could be totally off the wall [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] but would this have been, subconsciously of course, trying to get your attention ?
            There's been a lot going on with you and maybe he was feeling left out ? (men are big children after all - finding it hard to express themselves )

Just a shot in the dark...
            Really dunno about that. He has never ever asked for attention in any way. He is naturally very self contained and I think he is very ashamed. He has expressed himself more lately than any other time I can remember actually. Also he has had plenty of attention this year with his cataracts and arse issues :haha: Actually he did say that me finding that litre bottle of voddy did help so who knows....

Good luck with the flu jab jax. I refuse to have it. Last time I had it ended up in hospital with a suspected pulmonary embolism. Wasnt that at all but just a reaction to the jab. Never again.

Comment

Thankfully at work!!! The Haka may be the least of it!! Expecting cricket scores :cuss:
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Xpost Starty... no I don't imagine anyone would choose that way to get attention tbh...
                I wouldn't get flu jab either despite working with the public...when Joe had that fright last year the stories in the hospital weren't positive for sure..

Comment

Flu jab delayed as I'm on anti-biotics..........another sigh.
                  Had flu 20 years ago that turned into pneumonia...........nearly died so I'm not risking it.

Tbh wish I'd gone the old fashioned way of shoving warmed olive oil and a lump of cotton wool in my ear-hole rather than anti-biotics.

Jenny & Ads have gone out and left us Buddy sitting. Do beagles ever stop bouncing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening! Just had my dindin… gorgeous - haven't stopped eating all day... consolation for the rugby I s'pose -- so sad for Joe Schmidt and for Rory Best -- not a nice way to finish up - but sure - it was all great while it lasted! Don't think we're destined to ever get past the quarters...

the flu Joe got last winter was a strain that has never been in Europe - so the vaccination wouldn't have worked anyway - and according to the consultant the dangerous ones are the ones that are unknown so - Catch 22 really.. but it attacked his heart and all..- put him in a coma for 2 days... scary stuff indeed!

Bored now - Brexit over - Rugby over - need amusement!!!

Comment

I'm just covering my bases.
                      Have to admit I had my heart went out to Rory he looked devastated. Rugby players are a different breed to footie players.
                      And if Brexit is sorted I'll run naked along Hadrian's Wall wearing red stillettos.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        I'm just covering my bases.
                        Have to admit I had my heart went out to Rory he looked devastated. Rugby players are a different breed to footie players.
                        And if Brexit is sorted I'll run naked along Hadrian's Wall wearing red stillettos.
                        Can’t wait to see that JC. Feel sorry for them too. Did 4 hour hike so tired. Ordered take away and just about to go collect it. Then Feet up for the evening. Hope I can stay awake long enough to watch Darklands. Enjoyed Dublin Murders last night,

Comment

Good evening Ladies!!
                          [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] - good to see you back but so sorry to hear of the issues with Mr. S. It must be very hard to deal with but at least he admitted it and is starting on the right path. Hoping that he stays that way. And best of luck with the eye surgeries if you have them.
                          [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] - I have never had a flu shot and won't. Our pharmacist had the generic one a few years ago and had a bad reaction. Not going to chance it. Joe was in a coma from the flu? That must have been terrifying! Has he further issues with his heart. Very frightening what is out there!!!
                          [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - hope your brother is okay. And you too!!
                          [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - glad to hear that YS is being sensible (for lack of better phrasing) these days and I truly hope it continues! Forgot to say that the painting of Rosey is delightful. The artist is very talented!
                          [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - warm olive oil is good, cotton plug is not. But no matter, you need antibiotics to cure an ear infection. An ear/eye/throat doctor once stopped me on the street and told me that the cotton plug I had put in older son's ear was one of the worst things you could do. The ear needs to be open so air can get at it and help dry up the infection. The cotton plug traps all the stuff in there. Hope you're feeling better soon. Sounds like Buddy is a handful - almost like having a grandkid come to visit.

Hallo to Rustylocks and Mers and anyone else I might have missed. Off to try and Skype with my sister. Maybees catch up with youz laterz. If not - tomorrow.

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

No he got the all clear on the heart..the coma was terrifying and a bit unexplained..something about something attacking the brain..but because they seemed terrified of infection he was in isolation and could only see him with like astronaut suits on..so the information was minimal...he's grand now tho so onwards and upwards! 4 hour hike..would you be going at speed Rusters?

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                              No he got the all clear on the heart..the coma was terrifying and a bit unexplained..something about something attacking the brain..but because they seemed terrified of infection he was in isolation and could only see him with like astronaut suits on..so the information was minimal...he's grand now tho so onwards and upwards! 4 hour hike..would you be going at speed Rusters?
                              God that must have been scary Molly. Good pace, I’m a pretty fast walker from being dragged along by the dogs for years. I find when out with my crochet group that they doddle along. Hope your brother is ok Bridget.

Comment

You must be so fit Rustop. I have to trot beside some of the lads if we walk at lunch.

My god Molly, a coma!! that was horrific.
                                [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], things sound positive so far with MrS. That site One YEar No Beer always looked good. Id throw everything at it at this point.

That reminds me of another site I joined way back. Hello Sunday morning. Great concept, but I think I was too old for it. Plus it would be lashing here and they were all out surfing and looking cool, like Bridge and Mr G. I wasnt ready for that level of utopia.
                                Last edited by IamMary; October 19, 2019, 05:08 PM.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X