Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Morning all,
    Funny the chat should be about that because that's exactly what brother has. Septic lung infection that has generalised. Probably started as pnuemonia. IV antibiotics, an ECG because it may have affected his heart and possibly kidneys. If he has a smoke again after this I give up.
    I love the fluvax though. Don't get anything when I get that stuff. Not that it works that way but for some reason I don't. Must have been terrifying Molly!

STARTY!!! I'm glad Mr S is on the wagon. Always astonishes me how sneaky we alkys can be. He's so lucky to have someone who knows the drill or it could have gone on forever. Living alone or with transient kids coming through worked very well for my addiction.

I pressed some colleagues into a plant sale visit the other day so have some gorgeous bits and pieces to get in today.
    I'll submit this before I lose another post! Must start doing it in a word doc....
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I think you might be surprised how uncool we all look, sun or no sun over here, Mers. Hello Sunday Morning was a great site when I took part in it, but I didn't like the format as much as I do this one.
      And congratulations on that new nephew. Have a big smell of that new baby smell when you can.
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Xpost Starty... no I don't imagine anyone would choose that way to get attention tbh...
        [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] I didn't for a minute mean to suggest that hubby set out to look for attention. But more that you said this year has not been a good one for either of you and perhaps a perfect storm really to cross the line .
        I apologise and will keep my trap shut because I don't know your personal relationship dynamic at all.
        Last edited by satz123; October 20, 2019, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] I didn't for a minute mean to suggest that hubby set out to look for attention. But more that you said this year has not been a good one for either of you and perhaps a perfect storm really to cross the line .
          I apologise and will keep my trap shut because I don't know your personal relationship dynamic at all.
          Morning...btw I wasn't being sarky saying that bout attention..I just meant that for me it was the lowest awfullest time of my life and I fully get that someone can make a virtual cry for help after a fraught year..Just that wouldn't be the way I'd have gone...that's all! Turf and logs just arrived from Offaly ...an awful friggin lot of them:egad:
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning Ladies of the Army!

A gorgeous day here in Stirly World - a bit cool as we move into fall but beautiful and sunny. Started getting warmer clothes out last night - starting with fuzzy socks!!

Bridge - hope your brother recovers soon.

Off to get some baking done and a spag sauce as well. Then hopefully sew a dress that I've had the fabric cut out for months now.

Wishing you all a smashing Sunday!!! :spin:

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning,
              More rugby this morning. Wales v France followed by Japan v South Africa
              Only five more anti-biotics to go.
              Jenny still in bed.............her we'll be home early was actually a clashing of doors at 1am and telling me what a wunnerful time they had,
              The decorator starts the hall and stairs tomorrow.
              Excitment abounds in my life.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Stirly - isn't the autumn lovely - all the leaves are turning now and the colours are gorgeous on the trees - Joe's gone out on his bike and grumpy son just sent a charming message to see if his dear Mama is around today... so Round 2 -- we'll see what the mood is like!!
                Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Morning,
                More rugby this morning. Wales v France followed by Japan v South Africa
                Only five more anti-biotics to go.
                Jenny still in bed.............her we'll be home early was actually a clashing of doors at 1am and telling me what a wunnerful time they had,
                The decorator starts the hall and stairs tomorrow.
                Excitment abounds in my life.
                The 'decorator' is starting the bannisters in our house Jackieclaire - the difference being - you have a professional paid person coming in who knows what he's doing.. I - on the other hand - have my husband doing it on the cheap.... I'll tell you which I would prefer - will I??? nightmare!!!

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...............oh we had that kind decorator........he did it for free ......but he kept disappearing to another job then coming in having his tea and nodding off. And the sandpaper he used..........there mustn't be a sand-paper tree left.
                  Decided it was prolly a good idea to hire someone rather than me spending the rest of my life behind bars for throttling him.
                  Give him his due he did all the bedrooms..
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                    Please dont worry., I never took offence! I find different theories interesting as they make me think about stuff differently.

Comment

Buddy and his entourage have departed. Having known lots of dogs over the years Beagles are basically maniacs with four legs and the speed of Usain Bolt.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].............back in the day if I'd read about One Year no Beer...........I'd have just swapped straight to vodka....... Alkie logic

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].............how's the brother?
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good Morning! Monday blues -- hope all in good form? I'm off to work shortly - talk later x

Comment

Evening Peeps,
                          Pretty ordinary Monday here full of the usual irritations.
                          Devastated to learn last night that Episode 32 of Gardener's World was the last for the year. Fair enough as it's your mid winter but Gardening Australia shuts down for Christmas in mid summer! Ridiculous. Suppose it's 3 months of trawling the streaming services.

Brother is out of hospital on oral antibiotics. We patch em up and get em out here. Next!

Settling in for the night after an after work gardening session. Love daylight savings. I get so much more done.

How's Mr S, Starty?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and evening Bridgeeee,
                            Same here, Bridgeee. They do advice you to get in touch with your GP if any further problems. You'd have better luck finding the abomniable snowman in your shed than get a doctor's appointment.

I missed most of the last Gardeners World :sad: Jenny, Ads and Buddy arrived just as I was settling down.
                            I'll have to catch it on i-player.
                            The anti-biotics I've been on have knocked me sideways. Nausea has been dreadful. I shall not be taking amoxicillin again. I've had to put the decorator off until tomorrow.

I am now off to look at curtains.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Remember to take pro-biotics after Amoxicillin as well JC. Boy it smashes your natural flora.
                              I'm off to beddles via catch up tele.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good evening all.... no news.. nothing happening... boring cow... may have a (very) early night..

Comment

Working...
                                X