October Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Night all. Exhausted, hiked 25 km today. @byebyebridgtjones. Not a hope in hell would I be doing this stuff if drinking. Might manage doggie walk with hangover but this lark no way. Have been walking doggies every morning for years but only started the hill walking in the last few years since becoming af. How did the marathon go Mary? Fab day weather wise. Night everyone, exhausted here.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      Mary should be off to New York today. Tomorrow your time, so have a good time girl!
      Tomorrow afternoon Bridge. Very laid back about this trip, needed to get today over with. Dont know what I was thinking!!

Glad you enjoyed the hike Rustop, beautiful weather today. I am exhausted too, but thrilled (3.41 cant stop smiling).

Enjoy Dingle Satz. Mr G your got around when you were here! How long was the trip for?
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
        Mr G your got around when you were here! How long was the trip for?
        5 weeks Mary. Dublin for a few days, then based in Galway for the rest. The people, the language, the landscapes, and.......coz it was summer, we were blessed with gorgeous 28C days often. Should've chased up a gal i hooked up with there, but a gallivanting rogue in his prime thinks nothing of the future. lol. I'll be back.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning from the quiet house and its prolly the first time in over nine months I haven't woken up with my heart in my mouth and eyeing the dog's xanax up.
          Just me and Bess. :heartbeat:
          A large pan of veggie soup on the go and a beef casserole in the oven.
          [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]........enjoy New York.............we stayed in a hotel just round the corner from where John Lennon got shot and within spitting distance of Central Park..........fab hotel as well more a fluke than good planning. We were just there a couple of days as we were based in Boston for my cousin's wedding.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Bon voyage Mary and a very very well done on the marathon, fantastic time. Galway has been voted 4th best city in the world by cool planet Mr G, glad you enjoyed. My sil and bil have moved to Connemara so we go down a lot more now.

Legs are fine today, took the doggies for a walk. Would not mind popping into chez. JC for the grub, sounds perfect for the day that’s in it. Nothing much planned, it’s a bank holiday here.

Comment

Morning...well done Mary
              .amazing time too!...now ...swim or lunch...or maybe both:victorious:
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Have fun Mary!
                Hello G string!
                That sounds like the perfect day to me there JC. Things bubbling on the stove while peace and quiet reign!
                Well done all runners. Never did get it while walking was still an option but good on you.
                I had huge plans this afternoon but just laid on my bed and listened to birds all arvo. Very nice and lucky to have lots of trees and birds around here.
                Anyway, I'll have a potter around here then put myself to bed.

Have a lovely day whatever you do.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Night Bridget. No better way to spend time, food for the soul. Just in from a long walk in the woods with the doggies. As I only work Monday and Tuesdays and yesterday was a bank holiday I decided to take today off so I have a nice long break. Did you swim Molly? Bit Baltic out there, think I remember you saying you were a sea swimmer.

How was Dingle Satz? Beautiful part of the world. Going outside now to do a bit of a cleanup in the garden.

Comment

Nor I bridge..never got the attraction of runnin

Morning! Well yup I do love sea swimming Rusters and yup I went swimming..but in the warm sea off the Canaries have to admit! Not that brave anymore;-)
                    Last edited by mollyka; October 29, 2019, 06:26 AM.

Comment

When did you sneak off to the Canaries, must have missed that :egad::egad:

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                        When did you sneak off to the Canaries, must have missed that :egad::egad:
                        HAH! Came with Jilly Sat morn..home tomorrow night..SMASHING few days..forgot how much we talk! Lovely ..and NO men!!

Comment

Evening...... sunseekers., runners and pilaterers
                          Two things I run for are after the dog and for a bus.
                          Toby our kitchen fitter arrived spot on at 7:30 am. There's a wee split in one of the worktops which he'll be putting right next Friday. Then we spent half an hour looking at his wedding photos ...............he got married in Spain in September.
                          Also bought some Marks and Spencer mince pies..............I know, I know its a bit early but in the interest of science thought I'd better start testing who's got the best.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Army - I hope that everyone is doing well. :checkin:
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello from the big apple. On my phone so excuse my diction/spelling..
                              Walked the legs off ourselves today. Not good for the blisters! Highline and downtown tomorrow..
                              Cool hotel [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!!

Had a moment of checking myself on the way over o the plane when the drinks came around, seemed so normal to ask for 2 bottles of wine.. which would have been gone In no time and I'd be left wanting.. not being able to focus on anything else. The moment was fleeting and passed.
                              How's things [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]?
                              Sounds like heaven there Molly!!

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                                Galway has been voted 4th best city in the world by cool planet Mr G, glad you enjoyed. My sil and bil have moved to Connemara so we go down a lot more now.
                                My brother moved over there too and they love it. It is a great spot..
                                Last edited by IamMary; October 29, 2019, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X