October Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Good for you [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].. go on your own terms. Could be an interesting day!
    How did you and Mrs Brother get on before the thief struck anyway?

Bridge, Ive been thinking about that lady too. It makes you wonder how it does click with some, eventually, and others, it never seems to.

Hows Joes friend getting on Molly?
    [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], what a lovely thoughtful way to celebrate someones life and mark their passing. Perfect.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning and evening to Bridgeeeee.
      [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].......I hope you have a better day today, pet and the poxyness be gone.
      [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........like the way you're doing it on your own terms.
      [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].....how's it going with the pilates?
      We went ahead and booked a wee cottage near Runswick for next April. Jenny and the BF will come down for a night bringing Buddy.
      Got the man that can doing the plastering.......arrived on the dot and I although I'm still getting the workman anxiety its not coming out of my ears as usual. He's a nice chap.
      The end is in sight.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wishing us all a less poxy day for tomorrow.
        A couple of years ago I went to a funeral where there was almost a punch on. Charming behaviour. The two daughters get on much better these days. So that's nice.

I'm going to crash and catch you all tomorrow.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

WTF is everyone :egad:

Went to funeral , dressed in appropriate funeral garb. Fancied myself akin to Lady Mary in Downton - all elegant & aloof ...... ( in reality - more like the Dowager Countess :haha
          (I'm obsessed with all things Downton at the moment)

Made sure I was seen by SIL & niece as they passed following the coffin - signed the book & took the feck off from there.

I'd told MrS to bring his own car as I was going shopping in mine afterwards. I've been caught out too many times when he's met some randomer & decided to stay for 'one' to be sociable.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            in reality - more like the Dowager Countess :haha
            Hope this may cheer you up.....

The Dowager Countess’ Finest Burns on Downton Abbey - YouTube

Cheers,

Bacman
            I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
            Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Evening - and Howdy Bacman -- loving Downton - never watched it at the time but binge watching now! Fair dues to you with that funeral Benjy - wouldn't have gone for all the tea in China -- I HATE ABHOR funerals at the best of time - the whole concept to me is just so wrong! Wouldn't even go to my own except they'll make me:victorious:

Bit perked up this evening - the car is fixed finally - it cost 400 euros but it's like new so.... and I can say it now - but I had a bit of a major health scare in the last wee while and finally got an all-clear today... the relief... jaysus - always thought if I got to be 60 I'd be well accepting of popping my clogs - just found out -- I ain't -- I really really want to hang around for another while - at least long enough to enjoy being a mad aul wan dressed in purple ;-)
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'm glad to hear you are ok, Molly. Nothing like a health scare to put things into perspective! Take care, NS

Comment

Thanks NS -- it was surprising to me that life is so valuable after all - when I was drinking and depressed and all - I truly didn't care if I lived or died... it was so unimportant it was irrelevant - I just knew it to be a fact.... so guessing I'm doin better than I thought:yay:
                  Going to bed now to watch Downton... loving it!!!!

Comment

Would have been here earlier but curtseyed to the Dowager Countess Satz and couldn't get up again

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]......have one of these :hug:
                    Lovely to see you're out the other end. Went through a teeny bit myself back in June with a breast lump scare ...........and you know it was scary........I honestly thought after abusing myself with alcohol for so many years this was pay-back time.
                    So I can so relate to your wanting to live rather than the alternative.

Maggie Smith is one of the finest actors in the world. I remember her in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.

Waves to all. Another day with the plasterer tomorrow
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                      ... and I can say it now - but I had a bit of a major health scare in the last wee while and finally got an all-clear today... the relief... jaysus - always thought if I got to be 60 I'd be well accepting of popping my clogs - just found out -- I ain't -- I really really want to hang around for another while - at least long enough to enjoy being a mad aul wan dressed in purple ;-)
                      Well done Molls -:applause:
                      You'll live long & prosper like that mad 'ol wan in purple in Downton. :heart:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        Going to bed now to watch Downton... loving it!!!!
                        I'm glued to Downton. On Season 6 and sad already that it'll soon end

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                          How did you and Mrs Brother get on before the thief struck anyway?
                          We got on in a polite fashion when we met - weddings, funerals etc. : we wouldn't be bosom buddies but we were ok. That boat has sailed now.
                          In fact neither of my brother's wives bothered to go see my mother and she's in care home a year. So they both can f*ck off for all I care.
                          Even if you hated your MIL you'd go at least once ....
                          Last edited by satz123; October 9, 2019, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Night all. Families are funny Satz, well done on getting through the funeral. Delighted you got the all clear Molly, life is precious. Beginning to enjoy the Pilates JC and can notice an improvement already. Chauffeuring tonight, daughter is out with friends for a meal as she leaves tomorrow.

Comment

Hope your not too late Rustop!

Ah Molly, thats great news. Not pleasant having to wait for results.

Satz, no loss there with the sister in laws. Yes, absolutely, they should be visiting their kids Granny, with the kids, regularly. People are odd.

Netflix: The Bletchley Circle:San Francisco.
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning Army -- back better - car back - not dying! today is going to be a GREAT day...……….

Comment

Working...
                                X