• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December 2019: International Army

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
    IRL=in real life. Sorry about that
    I though it was IRL = Irish :haha:
    try as I might I can't find The Boy who missed the plane.
    I don't think that's a real fillum Jacks - it's Molls naming of the fiasco of Joe's friend not making it to Spain
    [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] God he sounds like he's on the road to nowhere. Can he really be in denial still after losing all that ? Very sad.
    - I think you should talk to him - frighten the shit out of him. The been,there bought the t-shirt, kinda job ?

Did I know you got a replacement hip Molls ? Am I losing it ?
    Last edited by satz123; December 14, 2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]............try as I might I can't find The Boy who missed the plane.
      That made me laugh JC. But it was a very convincing title Bridge!
      Poor man Molly, I think your right, hes completely in denial, what a waste.

Well done [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] on the obstacle race! I do get where your coming from now, but you know its not going to heal a thing. [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] just got her hip done this summer and shes flying around now. JC's husband too, they all swear by it.
      Unlike you, I only started running properly after I got sober, so it certainly is a bit of a crutch. Every time I run, Im grateful Im sober, that I could not do this if I was drinking. So yes, injury worries me.
      Think of this recovery period as another training session. By all accounts, you WILL be back in the pool/ bike/ running. Maybe you could work on your upper body when your able or look at yoga or other low impact movements while that hip does it magic?

Did I miss your hip too Molly??

I thought IRL was Ireland too NS! Looks like a great movie, but Id ball my eyes out, I couldnt watch it.
      Last edited by IamMary; December 14, 2019, 06:45 PM.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Morning,
        Would have been here a tad earlier but been on my knees praying to the printer to work.
        @mollyka............ooh just remembered a phrase from someone who 12 stepped me.............."take the cotton wool out of your ears and put it in your mouth"............basically shut up and listen. I hated the very bones of her for a very long time and its hard to believe we're friends now.
        Whatever anyone says about AA its a godsend for those who live alone.

errm me too what's IRL?

@byebyebridgetjones............try as I might I can't find The Boy who missed the plane. But I'll be having a good auld look at HDclump.

Its red cabbage making day today.

Everything about that post made me laugh my bloody head off.
        It's In Real Life.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning folks! I wasn't posting here at the time..so no ye didn't miss the hip...lifelong arthritis caused it caused by (ironically) over playing sports in my youth according to the consultant

I don't watch movies or even read books about addiction anymore...did them to death and sort of got bored of them...maybe I should
          Howdy everyone...frigging cold here this morn!!
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
            My question is for anyone who has taken gabapentin had weird side effects? Mood swings, feeling weepy, etc. just strange stuff. All other meds I was prescribed I have taken before w/o major side effects. I would appreciate any and all feedback.

In loving gratitude,
            Techie
            Don't know about Gabapentin but that sure is a post anaesthetic thing, and a loss of independence thing. I was sobbing because I believed myself to be bullet-proof, and sadly was not.
            If you think you're going to drink, could someone come and stay with you? A bad idea on every front as you are well aware.
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Xpost Bridgey ...Morning!

Comment

Morning Missus Molly! (sort of)
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                  Bridgette, this is the first movie I asked others to watch: Getting Grace (217) - IMDb

I love it so much. I’ve only introduced a few IRL people to it. I might be afraid they will reject it/me ???
                  I'm going to try to pick that up. Thanks NS!
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                    Morning Missus Molly! (sort of)
                    Morning everyone. Baltic here, did hike up the mountain yesterday and we had snow on three quarters of it. Looked beautiful and made it very Christmasy. Really enjoyed it. Full house this weekend. Just dropped SIL and BIL to airport, they are off to the US for the holidays. I now have four doggies here.

Lots of good advice there Techie and I think you have taken the first step by checking in here and giving voice to your thoughts and making yourself accountable.

Comment

Not only am I on the bus behind at the moment I missed that one too. 99.9% of my brain is screaming Christmas. That will stop to within the hour. Bollix to the housework, jingle bells and fairy lights we're off to Rothbury for a couple of hours..............Rothbury tourist information | Visit Northumberland
                      So then Army we need if this blessed movie doesn't exist we'll have to make it ourselves.
                      Audtions to be held later.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], its early days. I know Mr. JC was a bit lost those first weeks or so and it was really a case of him wanting to run before he could walk. A general anesthetic takes a bit of time to get over. I became a nagging machine.........I had to tell him when to rest, make sure he didn't over do things. His biggest loss was not being allowed to drive for 4/5 weeks (I forget some of the time-lines) but it passes.
                      He was lucky being a lawyer his colleagues could bring some of his files to the house so he could work from home.

Got to dash. Sadly Ma-in-law is not very well at all and would have been here today so we're trying to video our re-furb, the lights in the garden, the over the top Christmas Grotto we've made in the conservatory (we've re-named it the Chrstmas Grotty) so she doesn't have to make the trip over here.
                      Hard as this is to type and its one of those things not to be said out loud but we think she's had enough and maybe her last Christmas. She's coming up to 95 and in constant pain.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...I have never taken Gabapentin before, but did experience the same symptoms after taking codiene. You should probably talk to your doctor about it. I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder 3 months ago, and am just now starting to feel better emotionally and physically. Like yourself, the AV came calling, and foolishly, I listened to it. The wine did nothing to comfort me, but instead took me to a very dark place indeed. Feelings of helplessness and despair were exacerbated by the alcohol, especially combined with the opioids. Please don't fall for the lies in your head! For us there is never just one glass of wine or beer. As the saying goes...one drink is too many, a thousand isn't enough. I rode my horse yesterday for the first time in 3 months, and it felt really good, although I'm paying for it this morning. :horse: Keep your sights on future goals, and until then, take off those rose colored glasses and get busy starting that new thread! As others here have said...stay close!
                        Last edited by Jude58; December 15, 2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] - my dear friend. I am sending you great big hugs. I am so glad you came here when you had those thoughts. As we all know that one glass turns into a hole so deep that it's hard to get out.

I did take gabapentin for a short time but didn't have any of those side effects. I would definitely discuss this with your doctor. Maybe try Lyrica instead. That's what they put me on instead of gabapentin.

Techie - you mean so much to me and to so many people here. Let us boost you up and help you. I expect to see you checking in regularly young man. :heartbeat:
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora and Jude..just popping in to say goodnight...another chapter of the boy not on the plane to Spain happened today o my phone tho so will save it for tomorrow ..jeez what made us EVER drink???? Night all xxx

Comment

Jesus Molls - the suspense.
                              Another episode ? FFS we barely got the trailer .

Irishman fails to get on Plane to Spain
                              Story so far :
                              Ep. 1 : He didn't go on the plane to Spain
                              Ep. 2 : He said he'd go to Spain if it doesn't rain & he can drink pints. (We all know pints on in Spain are not REAL pints )

Comment

Molly, your like normal telly, making us wait for the next episode.

Last week of work. Looking forward to the break. Mr M is gung ho, looking for a new job, the Christmas project. I think open positions in your place are like hens teeth Molly, he'd never come home if he worked in a library.. If you could boot your one out, we'd kill 2 birds with the one stone. Well, one anyway.

Night all.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X