December 2019: International Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December 2019: International Army

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].......if you think about the people I met when I went into those de-toxes most people I knew would have had heart failure. I've sat between a court ordered drug addicts and an accountant. You have to leave your pride (if there's any left) and snobbery at the door.
    There was also my lovely Norman. Remember he died 5 years or so ago. I'm still friends with his sister.
    If the wife of a president of the USA (Betty Ford?) can open up and get help we can shove our pride in our back pocket for a few weeks.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].......if you think about the people I met when I went into those de-toxes most people I knew would have had heart failure. I've sat between a court ordered drug addicts and an accountant. You have to leave your pride (if there's any left) and snobbery at the door.
      There was also my lovely Norman. Remember he died 5 years or so ago. I'm still friends with his sister.
      If the wife of a president of the USA (Betty Ford?) can open up and get help we can shove our pride in our back pocket for a few weeks.
      100% agree Jackie...imo that is a huge obstacle to people getting help...I learnt humility...well alcohol humbled me..but I still regularly have to battle pride...false pride I mean..nothing wrong with being proud of ourselves for true achievements...not money or class
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Hi folks! So much going on with boy spain plane! Just getting so frazzled by what's going on and me of all people should be sympathetic ... Yesterday I had to haul myself off on public transport to a colleagues dad's funeral...didn't get home till 8pm last night cos Joe needed the car to bring L down to treatment centre to talk with a councillor ....L turns up drunk...like ffs this man says he's lonely but hasn't once been to Aftercare ( magic for lonely people) or AA also wonderful particularly for men to make friends...remember this is the lad that wouldn't share a room with anyone in rehab ' you wouldn't know WHO you'd be sharing with' ....my old roomie is now a life long friend....imo he's a snob....he's not like the rest of us.....aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh!!!!
        Needs a kick in the hole Molls !

Comment

Evening everyone. Welcome back Miss Behaving. Would be lovely if some others gone awol would drop in too to tell us how they are getting on. Think we were all delusional when we were on the grog. Wanting to make ourselves feel better by thinking we were not as bad as so and so and really just wanting to give ourselves permission to keep on drinking, madness. So great to be finished with all that and if we are feeling proud it is as a result of our actions.

Comment

Here here Rustop.. [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], love the new avatar! I have never changed mine. Maybe I will, for 2020. A new vision. getit..

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            Needs a kick in the hole Molls !
            :haha:
            A lot of people need a kick up the hole this weather.

Molly, just wondering., Is it a waste of time bringing Plane Spain Boy to rehab again? Hes clearly not at rock bottom and its unlikely to just magically click? Regardless of where we were on the slide of alcoholism, I think we all really wanted to get off, to make it stop. Is he begging for help?

Nice to see you Miss B :happy2:
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Behaving View Post
              Greetings to the international army!! It is a few years since I posted on here but it is lovely to see some old friends and familiar avatars!!
              Oh.My.Good.Lord.
              How the hell are you, Missy?
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                Here here Rustop.. [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], love the new avatar! I have never changed mine. Maybe I will, for 2020. A new vision. getit..

:haha:
                A lot of people need a kick up the hole this weather.

Molly, just wondering., Is it a waste of time bringing Plane Spain Boy to rehab again? Hes clearly not at rock bottom and its unlikely to just magically click? Regardless of where we were on the slide of alcoholism, I think we all really wanted to get off, to make it stop. Is he begging for help?

Nice to see you Miss B :happy2:
                It was a waste of time first time round...it would be a joke a 2nd time imo.

Morning everyone!!

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                  Evening everyone. Welcome back Miss Behaving. Would be lovely if some others gone awol would drop in too to tell us how they are getting on. Think we were all delusional when we were on the grog. Wanting to make ourselves feel better by thinking we were not as bad as so and so and really just wanting to give ourselves permission to keep on drinking, madness. So great to be finished with all that and if we are feeling proud it is as a result of our actions.
                  Yes Rusty and this time of the year it's easy to find those so and so's

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    It was a waste of time first time round...it would be a joke a 2nd time imo.

Morning everyone!!
                    Yes Molls - at least YS was 'honest' in that regard. Wouldn't go again to rehab to quieten us family.
                    All I KNOW is if rehab had been offered to me I'd have taken it to stop the thing.
                    I'd tried everything else. Well ...... everything except abstinence :egad:

I WANTED to drink ..... but like everyone else that's what brought me to MWO.
                    It took another 4 years to realise that would never happen.
                    Acceptance ....

So our Lad that Missed Train to Spain is not there & he may never get there.
                    Especially as he has Joe & Co 'minding' him. Which I know is so hard not to do. They just want him fixed.
                    Same with YS .......

Comment

OK just getting up now :egad:
                      Shower & 'stuff' while MrS & Rosie have their walk .......

She's like my shadow - follows me around the house. This is the only time I get to myself ....

Later Gaters :horse:

Comment

Morning world,
                        Its Baltic. I'm just nipping up the road to get my hair done and its one of those days when you can't get anymore clothes on to keep warm. Although I've just seen the temps in Oz and they must be struggling to wear so little they don't get arrested for indecency.
                        Talk later???
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I wonder what would happen with The Lad Who Missed the Plane to Spain if everyone just stopped and stepped back. Let The Lad come to them for help like.

Last day of work tomorrow and it's going to be 40+ degrees. What a nightmare this is going to be.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I wonder what would happen with The Lad Who Missed the Plane to Spain if everyone just stopped and stepped back. Let The Lad come to them for help like.
                            We've done that as much as possible with YS Bridge. He's getting deeper & deeper into dept while living alone in his Nan's house but letters coming here - so I'm still on edge about him.
                            He's coming here today to mind my Rosie while we go out to Dublin for grub - :egad:
                            Last time here he was drinking - MrS couldn't leave it - & it started again.
                            Couldn't wait for him to go.....

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                              Oh.My.Good.Lord.
                              How the hell are you, Missy?
                              I’ll do a proper post soon Bridge but at the moment I’m on holiday with limited access to wifi and trying to remember how to use the site!! But I’m great ..... if freezing cold!! Am in Oslo where it got to a high of -2 degrees today!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!
                              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Well MissyMoo -- I know it's hot in Sydney but THAT'S taking it to extremes!! OSLO in winter!!!! janey mac - even to us hardened souls that would be a bit cool!!! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X