Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December 2019: International Army

OMG forgot the BIG news.
    My DD got engaged yesterday. A lovely lad who is CRAZY about her & she about him. It oozes off them.
    He did it the old fashioned way - told me & her Dad first ... proposed on DunLaoire pier and then had a night in Shelbourne hotel booked in Dublin City centre.
    Romance is NOT dead.....
    Luxury 5 Star Dublin Hotel - The Shelbourne Dublin

Comment

For the happy couple

Deeeeeeeeeeeeelighted for you all.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

D'ya wanna borrow a hat?............only used once on a very clean head (mine) and comes in a proper hat box.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh that's lovely Satzy! Especially the part where they are mad about each other and marrying for the right reasons.

We have 58% chance of showers tomorrow Mary. That should solve it. Not.

I'm being very lazy this holiday. I mowed and did a bit of gardening today, then spent the rest of the day noodling round the interwebs and watching Netflix. Holiday approved activities.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Awwwww Satz......wonderful news!

Comment

I’m so happy for the lovely couple and all of you, Satz :heart: Is there a date set?

I’d love to have that mug to be used for nonverbal communication :wink:

Comment

Afternoon all. Oh that’s lovely news Satz, congratulations to all of you. Was chauffeuring at 3 am and puppy then kept me awake so not firing on all cylinders today. Getting a few things done, much more to do. Congrats again.

Comment

CONGRATS BENJY!!! Such good news..out now back later!
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Ah... thats just fabulous news [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]! Congratulations :heart:

Lashing here, would love to send some over Bridge.

Just back from posh neighbours 'drinks'. Anyone notice when your not drinking, you dont get topped up.. Red, white, beer or punch? Ah, sparkling water. Lets ignore that.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                      Ah... thats just fabulous news [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]! Congratulations :heart:

Lashing here, would love to send some over Bridge.

Just back from posh neighbours 'drinks'. Anyone notice when your not drinking, you dont get topped up.. Red, white, beer or punch? Ah, sparkling water. Lets ignore that.
                      YES!!! I was out last night & as usual I was left out of the rounds because it was water.
                      Worst offender is MrS - takes off to the bar & I get nothing.

Comment

Yes ..utterly unimportant if you don't drink...I thought
                        Maybe I was over sensitive but no...one of the porters I the library used to be a barman and when I made that point he looked shamefaced so yeah it IS a thing!!

Think we may be getting Liam for Christmas
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Never had a Liam we just have a turkey
                          Yep, happened to me too. Went to the night time wedding do in the middlle of nowhere.
                          Father of the bride bought the 12 of us a round...........I asked for an orange juice. Guess which one was missing???
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Remember when I said I was going to invite the S&H's in-laws for Boxing Day........I know it was an evil plan.......I did.
                            Got a lovely text from the MIL to say thank you and they'd love to come. Had a lovely of text chat as well.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hallo Army and happy Christmas Eve to all!!!

Been mad busy - not much of an excuse but I have had so little time to myself over the past couple of months. Am really looking forward to sitting back and relaxing over the holidays.
                              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - couldn't be happier for you!! It's so wonderful when our kids find the right person. Wishing them a lifetime of happiness!!
                              [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - hope those fires abate and that Australians can enjoy the Christmas season. Good that you are off work. Makes the holidays even better!!

Never had a Liam either, [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - turkey and stuffing the usual menu. Mind, we're invited out this year so I'm not sure what the menu will be. Good company is what counts most and that's what I'm hoping for.

A big wave to all of you - hope that you have a wonderful Christmas with the people you most enjoy spending time with. I guess that's really what the Christmas spirit is all about.
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]
                                Found the perfect dress for Rosie to wear at the wedding

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].....waves back atcha.

Luckily getting fed at my cousin's tonight. Going to have a quick episode of Vikings.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X