Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hello Army, Jacks I always felt like alcohol was doing some kind of damage to my lungs cuz I would breathe and it felt like hot vapor in there! Molly, I missed the dog conversation but don't get one unless you're in it for a long time, even though I love my new pup I kinda regret taking on the extra work and now he's got a weird hip so there's more $$$ out the door for the vet, everyone sounds great, have a wonderful day
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening everyone. Glad you got on ok JC, Very interesting re the lungs and drinking. Working week done and about to go to Pilates. Is hubby going in a complete direction Mary? Very brave of him if he is. Brrr it’s hard to go out again these dark cold nights.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
        Evening everyone. Glad you got on ok JC, Very interesting re the lungs and drinking. Working week done and about to go to Pilates. Is hubby going in a complete direction Mary? Very brave of him if he is. Brrr it’s hard to go out again these dark cold nights.
        Oh that is hard to too Rusters -- don't think I could! Only in the door right now from work and I'm tired...
        It is brave to change jobs.. we have a new lad at work this week and it brings me back all those years to my scaredom!!! shaking like a leaf - and it wasn't just the previous nights drinking either!!

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
        Hello Army, Jacks I always felt like alcohol was doing some kind of damage to my lungs cuz I would breathe and it felt like hot vapor in there! Molly, I missed the dog conversation but don't get one unless you're in it for a long time, even though I love my new pup I kinda regret taking on the extra work and now he's got a weird hip so there's more $$$ out the door for the vet, everyone sounds great, have a wonderful day
        There wasn't a dog conversation to be missed Pauly -- I deleted a post - I'd been whinging and then poor Bridgey spoke about family probs and I just decided not to put my ridiculous moans out there.. nothing on the level of family trials and tribulations!!! but yes I agree entirely about the long term -- and it would be cos I couldn't be cruel to an animal - but omg I really don't want the bother.. Joe hasn't mentioned it since so it may have gone away with my lack of enthusiasm !!

I'm not full of love - and I only have enough to go round my kids and grandkids -- really really don't need anything more!!! so that's it.... I hope!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening all! I am also in the recovery ward! Thanks for the pillow J.C --never knew about the lung disease--If I had not been a demon drinker I might have been a demon marathon runner and beaten Paula Radcliffe!
          On mega antibiotics and feeling so much better.

Comment

Delighted your both over the worst. Must read that lung article now. I suppose alcohol is basically poison, it will kill off as much as it can.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            BEST OF LUCK to MrM on the job front - I really hope he gets something he loves. Nothing worse than trekking to a job you hate every day. It is soul destroying.
            I would say, 'You have no idea,' but you do. As there is a solid 'get out' plan now, he's finding it more tolerable. Yes Rustop, a complete change of direction and salary will drop significantly, but we will figure it - although theres a bit of head in the sand going on. Glad your back in your work zone Molly, its funny how one person can impact your life so much, and they have no idea. (Imagine a world where we could all be honest and no-one was ever offended! Over to you Bridge for that scene)
            Watched unaBomber, excellent.

Good advice on the dog Pauly. Im pestered here, but I wont give in. I'll be landed will all the minding and i cant take that on.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning!!! - Fair dues to him Mary -- I worked for 20 years in a bank and got the aul promotions and all back then... back when banks WERE banks and not just call-centres --- and I earned HEAPS -- but jeez I grew to hate it .. and I was travelling 3-4 hours a day - went to a wedding - had a couple of glasses of wine (back when I could have a couple) and told Joe I was quitting,,, think he was truly horrified as I was the main bread winner and he was sort of working in shifts around my job and minding the kids... anyway I have NEVER regretted it.. not for ONE iota... if I'd stayed there I'd be earning at least twice what I'm earning now -- but... I have a 4-5 minute commute ---- generally (with the exception of R....) I love my job - I love working irregular hours -- everything.... so yeah - no regrets -- whatsoever! He is dead right if he's not happy

Off to said job now -- there's somebody leaving - and I've got on grand with her over the years - but in my head she annoys me somewhat (sort of head girl in school type --) so I won't be sad... mind you I'd much rather it was R...…! anyway - we'll have a wee tea party - so break up the day!

Hope the sick bay is clearing out and leaving room for the next traunch of invalids!!!!

Laters all

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post

There wasn't a dog conversation to be missed Pauly -- I deleted a post - I'd been whinging and then poor Bridgey spoke about family probs and I just decided not to put my ridiculous moans out there.. nothing on the level of family trials and tribulations!!!

God you shouldn't have worried about that. I'm always going to have family dramas to crack open. Nothing different there. Not ridiculous having concerns about lifestyle issues at all.

I've just watched episode 1 of Mrs Fletcher. Hilarious. Single Mum with an ingrate of a son. I think I'm in for the season.:egad:
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

@brit....poor you. You can have my extra pillow that I snaffled when the nurses weren't looking.
                  I saw you and Mr Smith wants his pillow back. And his chocolates.

I'm glad you're behind Mr M Mary. The money's not everything. Peace of mind is so important.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning from up over land.
                    Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                    I saw you and Mr Smith wants his pillow back. And his chocolates.
                    Okay.........what about his copies of People's Friend, half a bag of humbugs and his Lucozade?

One of the reasons I was over the moon to get pregnant with Jenny was I could get out of the bank...........good grief its 34 years ago. They were just starting the pushing of insurance, mortgages, loans on people that didn't really need them...............the bringing in of targets. I went back for a few months but just couldn't handle the hours.....went down to one day a week ......then surprise, surprise the nausea I had was me being pregnant with the S&H. Two kids under two just didn't justify childcare money.
                    Then I found the 3 hours a day at the wine-merchants but that's for another day.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Fair play to him Mary, if you are miserable just not worth it. Just in from walk and need to get ready to go for Dexta scan. Never had one so it’s a check off the list.

Comment

Night folks! Long tiring day so in the leaba...talk tomorrow xx

Comment

Just popping in myself to say nighty night make sure the kettle's full and left a few croissants out for Bridgeee.
                          Gripping evening spent comparing battery prices and all the stuff you need for ear-trumpets. Realised got ripped off royally at Boots.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Did I tell yiz I'm to be MOTB on 21st August - FFS !! She's lost the run of herself ....

Comment

THats gas Molly, even then irregular hours would be right up his street! [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], were you the wine merchants best customer, or were you even drinking much at that stage?

Loads of people doing the dexta scans now. Never had one either!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                Did I tell yiz I'm to be MOTB on 21st August - FFS !! She's lost the run of herself ....
                                Woo Hoo!!!!

Go on... they are not wasting any time!! dead right, just go for it, life is too short. We had a 6 month engagement too and it all feel into place.

Comment

Working...
                                X