International Army February 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army February 2020

Sounds like a great new adventure Satz! go on, send us over the doc - at a yawn fest conference tomorrow for the entire day, so I'll need a distraction.

JC, you'll know it all backwards in no time.. Ive decided now that nothing is rocket science, except rocket science, and how hard can that be!

Brit good luck tomorrow X

Finished the book too Bridge, reading another Jo Spain now. What are you on?

Ive a headcold. Very annoying.

AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning folks...delighted all went well ladies with the jobs...well cept for storeroom lights
      Don't be afraid to ask and ask and ask...people love being important and telling you things..the clowns I have working with me at the moment know EVERYTHING after two minutes and leave everyone in the shit with their mistakes so really don't worry..my head was mush with nerves my first wee while all those years ago but I just kept asking!!
      How are things MrsA?
      Feel guilty when I think of all you're going through but I'm taking today off sick..sore back and reckon it's beginning of kidney infection and just felt feck them..I'm sick of picking up the pieces!
      How's everyone else?
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves to the undies & those across the big pond.
        His Irish eyes would defo make me smile

Some of you won't remember my dear friend, Norm. He died six years ago form alcohol issues. Only 51 years old. He was trying to taper down so he could go back into re-hab because he wanted what I had. Sadly he caught an infection and his body couldn't cope after years of abusing alcohol he couldn't shake off.
        He had the brain the size of a planet and his knowledge of music was incredible ................knew an Eric Clapton track by the first three chords.
        Anyhoo I was also close to one of his sisters. Long story short..........I'm meeting his sister for coffee today

Molls, you're not an idler that takes a sickie every two weeks. If you're not well, I know you're not well........Bugger them.

Of course, the woman training me hadn't been trained to train. We're all a bunch of volunteers.

Right must away and put 17 layers of clothes on.........its bitter out there.
        Last edited by JackieClaire; February 12, 2020, 02:40 PM.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning... vegging on the couch -- Joe has gone off walking and swimming - peace is just fabulous - enjoying every single minute of it... binge watching Corrie and Emmerdale and MasterChef America... feel ok really so do feel a bit of a fraud - my back IS sore but I took a few tablets.. ah feck not going to feel guilty!! How's everyone?
          Any chance of our missing friends just popping their heads round the corner? Tabs, Starty, Tony and so very many more -- we do worry you know!

Comment

Good morning everyone. Glad the new starters survived their first day and Satz has eye candy into the bargain, happy days. Would not feel guilty Molly, call it a mental health day. I too have the house to myself and it’s bliss. Himself has started working from home some of the time and it is a mixed blessing. Today he has gone into the office. Feel a bit guilty just sitting and crocheting for hours on end when he is here but that’s what I plan to do today and might even throw in an episode or two of The Stranger. Have walked the doggies and will cook a dinner but that’s it.

Comment

Afternoon / Evening / middle of the night / whatever yer havin' yerself !

Molls - what odds - you have a sore back - let the know-all young wans do it themselves.
              I asked loads of questions yesterday because it's all new.

The Nursing Home was so easy to pick up just excel spreadsheets FFS - but bitch face didn't like that I knew how to do it ( but I DID :rant back then - and so started the vendetta that wiped away all my confidence - the fecking eejit :haha:

Now I can tell them all to shag off - when the humour takes me. I'm going to bide my time .... savour it ....

Comment

So are you working 2 jobs for now, Satz?? I'm glad you like the new place.

Mary, I stayed up way too late reading most of Blood Orange. It is a hard one to put down. I really dislike the protagonist so I"m surprised I like the book. One thing that has been very interesting to me is getting a glimpse of a different kind of addiction. Allison doesn't drink everyday but she drinks a tremendous amount when she does. I was more of the lower quantity, daily dose type of addict and it seemed to me that it would be easier for bingers to quit because since they apparently do not feel the "need" to do it every day and they have proof it is possible not to drink much of the time. But the book makes is clear she is driven to drink and can't control it after it starts (and clearly isn't helped by her husband who punishes her for drinking too much but keeps offering her drinks!!! I'm not too wild about him, either!). I'm hoping that in the pages I have left she has an epiphany but I'm not holding my breath... Anyway, thanks for the entertaining and illuminating recommedation.

Comment

Looking forward to reading that now..I was that sort of drinker..deffo didn't need it every day and could easily be weeks between drinks but once started???!!! Have it ordered in the library
                  Didn't realise you were gonna do both jobs Benjy..is the new one fulltime ?

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    .I was that sort of drinker..deffo didn't need it every day and could easily be weeks between drinks but once started???!!! Have it ordered in the library
                    Our experiences are so totally different! I wonder if people generally fall into one of the 2 camps or if for some, it changes over time???

Comment

Ok... just finished it! Thank goodness I stopped reading last night just before the scene in the park. If I'd read the whole book last night, I'd have gotten no sleep at all!! I'm going to have to take a break and read something boring, or at least calmer. Here's what's next on the library book pile: The Last Thing You Surrender by Leonard Pitts Jr.
                      Last edited by NoSugar; February 12, 2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        .I was that sort of drinker..deffo didn't need it every day and could easily be weeks between drinks but once started???!!!
                        Jesus - now I don't know what kind of drinker I was. I think like NS it was lesser amounts but daily towards the end. I didn't 'give it up' or go weeks / months without it.
                        I just tipped along every evening & stopped usually after dinner - so that I could be 'ok' for work next day. I suppose I controlled it in a way.
                        But I couldn't NOT have my wine every evening.

However weekends etc all bets were off if I was out & others were drinking too.

Comment

Haven't got a new book yet Mary so I may just take a look at NoSugar's next one above here. Looking for suggestions!

Really interesting that you didn't like the character in Blood Orange, NS. Can I ask why? Because I didn't either. You know how you sometimes feel as if you are 'supposed' to be on their side but you aren't?

What are you going to do to them Satzy?:victorious: I love stuff like that. I imagine telling them all exactly what I think of them then tipping sardine oil all over their ergonomic chair and into their keyboard. Bahaha.

Well I'm glad that you are both settling into your new placements Satz and JC, especially if the scenery is good.

Hey JC, you've got a special banner over your head that says Thread Starter. WooHoo.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            Jesus - now I don't know what kind of drinker I was. I think like NS it was lesser amounts but daily towards the end. I didn't 'give it up' or go weeks / months without it.
                            I just tipped along every evening & stopped usually after dinner - so that I could be 'ok' for work next day. I suppose I controlled it in a way.
                            But I couldn't NOT have my wine every evening.

However weekends etc all bets were off if I was out & others were drinking too.
                            At the very end when the family started watching me I had a 'feck them' attitude and drank whenever the occasion arose that I could get away with it but that wasn't long at all...up to that it wasn't even controlling that I didn't drink each day..I wouldn't even think of it..and for YEARS Joe worked every 2nd weekend so it was sort of lots of wine every 2nd weekend...ironically it only became truly problematic when I was trying to quit....very strange...having said all that the every 2nd weekend was LOTS of drinking....

Comment

Morning and waves to the world.
                              I'm wary about comparisons.................if I could have drunk like Satz, that would have suited me down to the ground.
                              Gawd, you know when you wake up at 3/4am with the horrors.............I used to sneak downstairs and have a couple of voddies so Mr. JC wouldn't see my hands shaking in the morning. I can't even tell you how much or what I drank that last ten days after Mr JC's 50th.
                              I'm was very much like, Byrdie, anytime, anywhere.

Its not so much about how much, or when............. its the obsession. How many of us have sat watching someone with nursing one drink all night and wondered what was wrong with them...........not what is wrong with us???
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Bridgeeeeeeeee, I hate the banner :stompy2:

Daft quesrion of the day...........does anyone sit through the adverts when they've recorded something?...........and watch them?
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X