FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

Hello - sounds like the same situation over here. I went to 3 stores this morning - very scary out there. One store was letting in 50 people at a time. When a person came out, the next person could go in. It worked well except for the fact that they were out of most everything.
    I am trying to keep a positive outlook. But, I keep getting very anxious. I guess that is to be expected with all that is going on.

Stay safe everyone. :love:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Schools are shut as of Friday.
      The two legal executives are taking time off to see to their children.
      Mr JC and his boss/friend are having a meeting tomorrow...........they'll probably close and one of them either do the morning or afternoon to answer calls, open post.

If anyone knows a good crime lawyer I'd be grateful as I'll have probably after four days as I'll have throttled him.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all, got a stinker of a head cold, nearly afraid to go out in case I cough and send people scurrying across the street. In other news I think the garden might get a really good seeing to in the next week or so.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
          Evening all, got a stinker of a head cold, nearly afraid to go out in case I cough and send people scurrying across the street. In other news I think the garden might get a really good seeing to in the next week or so.
          I've got an Olbas nose inhaler..........brilliant for about two hours.

Ohand ta for the idea for Mr JC...........we got a load of seeds to start planting and the garden's a tip.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Dr Dreamy closing his clinics till 6th April
            He'll pay us till month end 23/3 then the emergency 203 euro till 6th April when it'll be reviewed.

Just hope it's not last in - first out :egad:

Comment

Me too, Satzuma. :hug:. He sounds like a decent bloke though.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening, its strange, we are all living this parallel weirdness.

Well done [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] for helping out in the nursing home, they should be grovelling. And sorry to hear about Dr Dreamy's place, hopefully things will get back to normal in a while.
                How are all the patients?

Tomorrow is the 1st day that we are all working and schooling from home. :nailbiting:
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning..ramping up now...can't help getting scared tbh...China is good news but...sorry bout the job Benjy..I'm sure he will more than need you when this is over
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning Army!!

Still in the same state - answering non-stop phone calls and e-mails for protective face masks and not a mask in sight.

Good to see you [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION] - hope your cold is better soon. Working in the garden sounds like a great idea. Wish I had one. Jealous, I am.

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                    Tomorrow is the 1st day that we are all working and schooling from home. :nailbiting:
                    Mers - someone posted on FB that home schooling is going well - two students suspended for fighting and one teacher fired for drinking on the job!! Gave me a good chuckle. At least the latter, we don't have to worry about. Seriously do not envy parents and grandparents who are trying to cope with children bored to death at home.

Hope everyone is managing well. A lot of patience required. I am just so grateful that I don't drink. I could never cope if I was....

Wishing you all the best day you can make it!!!!!
                    Last edited by stirly-girly; March 19, 2020, 03:57 AM.
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

err - the alkie in me immediately thought I'd be coping just GRAND if I was still drinking -- just no one around me would be coping too well:victorious: Sorry - bit (very) facetious -- but a wee bit of humour canna go amiss in the middle of VERY gloomy times huh???

Comment

Seriously do not envy parents and grandparents who are trying to cope with children bored to death at home.

May be best thing ever happened. Kids will have to be self sufficient and parents will just have to ignore them. For once it's not all about them ?

Good luck though [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] :hug: as they transition from - 'the world revolves around me' people to, I dunno - responsible for their own lives, education & entertainment?
                        When we were kids we had no one to home school us because my parents had no proper education - we had to do it all ourselves. I had to BEG to go on to second level school FFS #thegoodolddays

All easy for me to say from the comfort of my empty nest :haha:

Comment

Stirly - a bit simplistic maybe - but could you not just put a message on your answerphone that you've no masks left-- no?

Comment

NOW: as we are all confined to barracks - we can get a good chat going ? N'est pas?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              May be best thing ever happened. Kids will have to be self sufficient and parents will just have to ignore them. For once it's not all about them ?

Good luck though [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] :hug: as they transition from - 'the world revolves around me' people to, I dunno - responsible for their own lives, education & entertainment?
                              When we were kids we had no one to home school us because my parents had no proper education - we had to do it all ourselves. I had to BEG to go on to second level school FFS #thegoodolddays

All easy for me to say from the comfort of my empty nest :haha:
                              xpost Benjy--- wholeheartedly agree -- I think the sense of entitlement may dissipate somewhat with all this going on … like you Joe had to fight to go to second level schooling - he worked a part-time job to pay for it ( he was pre free education - when Ireland truly WAS a 3rd world country ) -- and college??!! jesus -- that was for the nobs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                NOW: as we are all confined to barracks - we can get a good chat going ? N'est pas?
                                Oui -- certainement mon amie!!!! -- hard to think of anything to talk about besides Coronavirus!!!
                                Last edited by mollyka; March 19, 2020, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X