• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

AND happy birthday Jackie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
      Good morning everyone! Difficult time here as Mr A is suddenly in a great deal of pain again and trying to get his medication is a nightmare.
      Luckily I am fit and healthy but beginning to get really stressed.
      I do not feel I am much use to anyone either here on the forum or at home.
      I am not looking for sympathy I just needed to "verbalise" my feelings.
      Mrs. A - I don't know how you're holding us so well. It must be incredibly difficult for both of you but for an active person such as yourself, this lock down will of course have you stressed. Doesn't matter if you don't have much to say - just checking in to see what others are up to will help. Can you talk to friends and family via Skype or FB messenger? Cannot the doctor e-mail the meds prescription to the chemist and the chemist deliver to you or arrange for someone else to pick it up. Exceptions have to be made in times like this. Hope you get things straightened out. Sending you strength!!! xo
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good morning everyone! Difficult time here as Mr A is suddenly in a great deal of pain again and trying to get his medication is a nightmare.
        Luckily I am fit and healthy but beginning to get really stressed.
        I do not feel I am much use to anyone either here on the forum or at home.
        I am not looking for sympathy I just needed to "verbalise" my feelings.
        Oh sweetheart -- my heart goes out to you -- both of you.. why is it so difficult to get his medication? that really should be a priority but look -- I can only imagine how much USE you are at home - and it's too feckin easy to say 'stay strong' - when you just don't feel strong.. don't ever doubt your worth lovely lady - that's an avenue you needn't go down -- now go shake someone out of the tree's to get that medication and life won't seem so grim --- I hope... sending big hugs to you xxxx
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Mornin' Molls!

Do you work today? I've forgotten if you are going in these days or if they have let the staff stay home.

Good Friday here in Greece. Supermarkets opened just half and hour ago. Will probably be mental in spite of the regulations. People stocking up for Easter as if there was going to be a war. Will go tomorrow morning early and get a wee shoulder of lamb. That and oven-roasted potatoes with a bit of salad. Not up to much more.

Comment

Happy birthday JC! :sendflowers::balloons:

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].... so glad you felt you could verbalise your frustration. Just so you know you can do it any time, sweetheart:hug:
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........and one for you. :hug:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thank you for the good wishes and happy birthdays........an odd one for sure. My mind is whirling a bit with phone calls so I'll keep it short but [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]..........its great to see you're keeping it simple and doable.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Fire brigade have just rung (I kid you not) Did we need anything? As they are checking on the vulnerable. They have sorted out a prescription from our GP practice and are delivering it. Also a large box of essential food on its way.

Comment

Fire brigade have just rung (I kid you not) Did we need anything? As they are checking on the vulnerable. They have sorted out a prescription from our GP practice and are delivering it. Also a large box of essential food on its way.
                      Fantastic....on kindle so typing not clever.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon everyone and happy happy birthday JC, it is certainly a different one. Put your feet up and enjoy it as much as you can in the circumstances. Delighted you got sorted Brit. It is such a worrying time. Few laps of the garden needed. I have just spent three or four hours out in mine, mainly pulling weeds but it is nice to be outside..

You seem to have a plan there Outy. Just checking in here every day also helps. Waves to everyone else. Need a much needed cup of coffee.

Comment

Delighted to hear that Mrs. A. Looks like things are a lot more organized there than they are here. Great news!!!

Comment

Almost done for the day and am looking forward to relaxing (well trying to anyway). And I just got a sneaky urge. It will pass though

Comment

Now THAT is impressive. Amazing work there. I'm just so glad that Mr Brit has you love.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
                                Almost done for the day and am looking forward to relaxing (well trying to anyway). And I just got a sneaky urge. It will pass though
                                Yes it does pass, and surprisingly fast too.

Are you a list guy? Because now is the time to make an exhaustive list of all the things that you can do instead of drink. Maybe make yourself a resource with that and all your reasons for never wanting to drink again-the things you look forward to now.

Check this out: https://www.mywayout.org/community/j...-tool-box.html
                                Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; April 17, 2020, 02:39 PM.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X