International Army April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Hi Jackie, Mary and Molly--Re the running, the reason I am not allowed out is because we have been put in the critically medically vulnerable category -- not just because we are old.
    However I have made a little running track around the garden and just managed 5k . So whingeing over and my addiction has ben fed1 Ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
      Hi Jackie, Mary and Molly--Re the running, the reason I am not allowed out is because we have been put in the critically medically vulnerable category -- not just because we are old.
      However I have made a little running track around the garden and just managed 5k . So whingeing over and my addiction has ben fed1 Ha ha
      My Aunt's under the stricter rules as she's a widow. Fit as flea and lives alone. She's going stir crazy.........and rather pissed off that after 7 years all these people are paying her attention when they couldn't give a rat's arse before.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I reckon there should be a comeback for the mini tramp, you can run on these little beauties on the spot - excellent for cardio - example from ebay aus but you must be able to get them most places i should think: DARCHEN 45 Lbs Mini Trampoline For Adults, Indoor Small Rebounder Exercise | eBay

Comment

Afternoon all. Much cooler here today. Went for a walk with my daughter which was nice. :welcome:Fickle, don’t think I remember you from way back but great to have some new members. Feel for you Brit, I really miss the mountains but like yourself running around the garden I am making do and I am very grateful for the garden.

I have work tomorrow but will be a short week.

Comment

a few over 70s and 80s out walking (theres a blanket ban here for anyone over 70, regardless of underlying conditions). I donno, Im weighing up the risk of getting Covid Vs mental health risk.
            I think the blanket over 70's ban of even going for a walk alone within 2k is ridiculous. My friend on the road is the healthiest person I know - she's 72. She had always said to me she'd go completely mad if she couldn't get out for a walk every day. Like real depression & anxiety. Thinking too much she says.

I see her & she is still doing her walk & I applaud her from a distance.

Comment

Sorry..Will never agree ...I see no difference between that and a group of lads in a park 'social distancing'...if the seniors in society can't see the greater good...??
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Sorry, Iif thems the rules over there then they should be adhered to. End of.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Another zooming or whatever its called...........would you believe my brother and his wife are thinking about coming back to England. Could be the virus talking but they're fed up with Scotland.
                  Its like a normal family party now..............we just talk over each other, say pardon a lot and be take the piss out of each other............cheered me up a tad.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    Sorry..Will never agree ...I see no difference between that and a group of lads in a park 'social distancing'...if the seniors in society can't see the greater good...??
                    Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    Sorry, Iif thems the rules over there then they should be adhered to. End of.

So you'd both be happy in a few years time to be confined to the house for months on end because of your age ?
                    And everyone else below that age is allowed to go for a 'socially distanced' walk & get fresh air ? Even if your mental health would suffer?

Common sense can still prevail ....

Comment

And while I'm on my rant about stupid 'rules':

We got a 'heads up' call from the care facility to be prepared : that if my mother was to take a turn and is dying in the next weeks, even of a non-COVID-19 related illness - only one of us will be allowed to visit with her. We have to choose who that is - the rest will never see their mother alive again. That's another 'blanket rule' that makes NO sense.
                      If a cleaner, carer or nurse can gown up with PPE & go into the room - why can't her family one at a time ?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        So you'd both be happy in a few years time to be confined to the house for months on end because of your age ?
                        And everyone else below that age is allowed to go for a 'socially distanced' walk & get fresh air ? Even if your mental health would suffer?

Common sense can still prevail ....
                        I have had depression on and off for years.......and its dreadful.....no not dreadful .........its horrendous...........after my first marriage broke up, post natal depression, depression for no reaon at all..............through my dear doctor and drugs, talking therapies I've come out the other side..........I'm well prepared to know the difference between stuck indoors and fed up. I stay indoors to prevent the likes of the health carers.key workers, police etc getting the virus to keep them healthy and doing what they're doing ...........this won't last forever.

As frr the other its very sad and I'm sorry its an awful thing............... but why not ask them?
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

And I think its time I took a hiatus from MWO.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning to all the Army brats!!

I can see there is finally an interesting debate going on here. Mainly due, IMVHO, to the fact that this is getting to all of us in one way or another. So let me put in my 2 cents worth. Or euro as it may be. As always, this is only my slant on things and I would encourage anyone who agrees or disagrees to jump in and give us their opinion.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] (addressing the last post first)- just because we don't all agree on things is no reason AT THIS TIME, for any of us to distance ourselves from this forum that has been a very important part of our daily lives for many years now. We're all like one big familly and I never, ever saw a family that always agreed on everything. Mostly the opposite. Love each other dearly- just don't agree on some things. Simple as that.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - I agree 100% with your comment about visiting your Mom - if the workers can suit up and enter her room, then the family members should be able to do so, one at a time, as long as the staff checks them out to make sure they are wearing the proper PPE.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] - again IMVHO - there is a big difference between an older person, or any person for that matter, walking or running by themselves down a road/street, than a group of people "socially distancing" in a park. A group of people gathered together, albeit keeping a distance from each other, gives out a different signal than one person running/walking by themselves.

Now here is the thing and I'm addressing not only the situation that [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] is in, but how I personally would feel in her place. She is an older person but very fit and also the main carer for her spouse who has a very vulnerable medical condition. Mrs. A, herself would be the first to be especially careful about coming into contact with others that could expose herself to the virus and thus expose her husband as well. Keeping older people locked down for their own good is not bad but there are exceptions to every situation. Both Jackie and Satz mentioned mental health. Take an active person like myself, (I'll be 70 in just over 2 years) - confine them to their home for two months and no matter how positive a person that is, no matter how many hobbies and things they have to occupy themselves - you are looking depression square in the face at some point. Period. All of us have experienced depression of some kind, for whatever reason and to different degrees in our lives. It's never easy. I keep myself distanced from others as much as I can to protect myself and I adhere to the rules and regulations as much as I can within what I consider logical boundaries. I would hope others do the same for their sake. Nuff said. As I mentioned before - all comments, in agreement or not, are welcome.

Waves to anyone I haven't @ed. Wishing you all a safe and fulfilling day.

Last edited by stirly-girly; April 14, 2020, 01:05 AM.
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

So am I to assume by the lack of response and the lack of posting at all on the thread today that all of you are extraordinarily busy in isolation. Or is ye all sulking like little kids? Just wondering....................
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                                So am I to assume by the lack of response and the lack of posting at all on the thread today that all of you are extraordinarily busy in isolation. Or is ye all sulking like little kids? Just wondering....................
                                Been sitting in the sun all day without any internet.
                                Sorry that you have been told about the one visitor rule Satz seem so hard. It is the same in the care/nursing homes around here.

Don't take a break Jackie we can all agree to disagree sometimes.

Love to everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                                X