Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]............love to hear you're plan. Does it have bullet points? sorry Bullet points are about the only thing I remember from doing work plans.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..............rock and a hard place come to mind. It doesn't sound fair at all. Even harder is do you rock the boat? Is there any from your 'home' library you could whisper in their ear your concerns?
    Well the person I'm working WITH wed/thurs/Fri etc.is my boss from home library so if she's not whinging I really can't either!
    Ahh it's just a moan...laziness as well i guess
    Family has just arrived in again...jeez!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Morning! - Watching The Trouble with Maggie Cole -- oh it's very good... love Dawn French! Look I reckon us mum's are always full of guilt... we go out to work -- guilt... we don't do the best birthday parties... guilt.... we don't notice when one of them is sad/troubled....guilt... and yeah we want time to ourselves..... guilt... and of course -- the BIGGY -- we drank too much..... guilt. And the men don't seem to ever suffer from any of these 'guilts' --
      Bridge I'm dying to know what you're gonna do bout the 'plan' -- I'm curious beyond curious!!! Think I need to speak up about things more often. At the moment I find I'm working in someone elses branch of the library - mine is closed.... YET -- I seem to be doing way more hours and days than the staff who actually belong in the branch -- seems rude of them - and I'd love to ask why for instance they are working short days Monday and Tuesday - and I'm doing long days Wed/Thurs/Fri and possibly Saturday as well -- mmmm but there aren't a lot of us in the libraries and if I speak up I'll be the talk of the place...

Morning all --
      Molls - I've learned that it's best to stay stum for a while as there is probably a reason for it that you are not seeing. Bide your time & then ask the other one from your branch does she know what the situation is. It's a perfectly relevant question - why you are working every Saturday + long days.

Comment

...........love to hear you're plan.Does it have bullet points? sorry Bullet points are about the only thing I remember from doing work plans.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] : does it involve any kind of bullets? :egad:
        Last edited by satz123; June 23, 2020, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

I was up until 3am writing angry words down into a diary (that I don't usually keep) because I confirmed that a person joining our team does EXACTLY the same job as myself and is paid twenty grand more per year. Furious! FURIOUS!
          :devious: devious plans - I'm all for
          wrt the incoming person - that has happened to me a few times and is REALLY f*cking annoying.
          Best scenario is that we never know about it.
          When I worked in payroll - I was constantly frustrated, angry & bitter and could say nothing!!!

If they told you themselves then I would broach the subject .... because it is unfair unless the other has MORE experience ? or more qualifications ?
          You'll have to be ready to say .... or else ....(I'll start looking elsewhere) .... (I'll cry) ..... (I'll shoot you all) ..... insert as appropriate.
          I'm afraid time in the job counts for nothing Bridge - they think they will get some whizz-kid from elsewhere with new brilliant ideas - the reality is usually different.

It always reminds me of ......utilities. I could be with the same electricity supplier for years & years - but the new shiny customers get a better rate. Know what I mean ?

The part-time shit job I'm in now I have no idea what others are getting so I'm not frustrated beyond belief daily as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
            Yep. I get that every time I have a chocolate/sugar binge. Then I feel like I'm going to pass out. SO much fun.
            Yes .... I've often had a dizzy head rush .... but this was awful - lasted all day. Nausea till next day....
            Remembered since that there was a caffeine loaded energy drink in there too :egad:

Silver lining I'll be very wary of chocolate for a while ......

Comment

4 in a row for today :llama:

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........fiur in a row beats me. Had a quick peep to see if you'd done for the five.

Rubber bullets of course..........but I bet they sting.:egad:
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  Molls - I've learned that it's best to stay stum for a while as there is probably a reason for it that you are not seeing. Bide your time & then ask the other one from your branch does she know what the situation is. It's a perfectly relevant question - why you are working every Saturday + long days.
                  Oh I agree..and was just talking to a pal who's doing 5 days all the way through so I'll just say nothing for now
                  Thankfully cos mines a public service job everyone earns the same for the grade...that'd drive me mad..and feel very undervalued

I don't like d'other one...never have so prolly that's more to do with it...tho she thinks I'm her best friend!!
                  Last edited by mollyka; June 23, 2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Evening everyone. Dying to know what you have planned Bridget and delighted that you have recovered from your sugar rush Satz. Strange time in all work places Molly, probably better to stay stum and see how it pans out. I find planning meals a pain too Mary. I systematically went through all my cook books during lockdown and planned out the meals for the week. Really sorry I did not keep a record but I have started doing that now.

Comment

You can move closer to me............ Boris has got rid of the 2m rule and its now one metre. And two households are allowed indoors and allowed to stay the night.. So what do I do with my friend who's going to be in our bubble (lengthy conversation on phone this morning.She's got no family near) are they all allowed at the same time if my other household descend do I just turf her out onto the streets...........doing my head in. Sigh.
                      Scorcher of a day and another one tomorrow
                      Nighty night lovelies. :heartbeat:
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thankfully I have NO bubble and we're still observing 2 metres (btw..I thought the UK did feet and yards and inches..thought metres were only in Europe?)
                        Not too keen on shortening the distance..I'll have to stop putting onions or crisps in my sandwiches:happy2:

Night all xx

Comment

Clear as mud JC..

Bridge, you would have been better off not knowing. Like Satz, in my role I could often see what people earn. I really try to avoid it, because its infuriating.
                          No point in losing the head, but you may as well ask the question, what is the payment scale they are bench marking against and what do you need to do to move up that scale? 20k is a lot for the same job. Dare I ask, is it a male starting?

Ill pull out the recipe books Rustop..Im being lazy
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Thankfully I have NO bubble and we're still observing 2 metres (btw..I thought the UK did feet and yards and inches..thought metres were only in Europe?)
                            Not too keen on shortening the distance..I'll have to stop putting onions or crisps in my sandwiches:happy2:

Night all xx
                            If you're under 47 you're metric etc over that most have got it and then there's me.............who asks how tall is the gazebo?.............. and Mr. JC has to say 'about one and half of the settee'

We've got what the paper's tomorrow will be calling ' Phew wot a scorcher'

Our newest quidelines

Almost all of the UK's Covid rules have ended, two years after they were introduced.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Huge congrats [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Oh Benjy!!! Bloody well done woman!! Crikey times does fly!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X