• Show
Clear All

Re: International Army July 2020

And Davy Jones from The Monkees.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello Army peeps, [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] I'm so sorry! What an awful double whammy for you two I wish you Swift healing and hope your hubs is ok? Bridget, do it! Don't be like me and whine about the same shitty job for 17 years and do nothing about it, I'm so full of resentment, annoyance, disgust yet I stay just can't seem to walk away for good although I've quit 3 times I've always gone back just cus the money WAS quick and good and there were no rules like other salons, give it a good think through, Jackie it's ok to like a pin up here and there mine was Paul Walker(RIP) from the fast and furious franchise that never ends, Adrian Brody was my non conventional looking crush and now it's Post Malone for some reason haha! Hope everyone has a wonderful day:heartbeat:
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Afternooooon!!! just back from Beautiful Land! First and foremost --- Whizzy my heart goes out to you -- ptl you're on the mend woman - and don't stand too close the next time he's looking wobbly ;-) (only joking of course - delighted he's back on track too!!)
        And Bridge --- will we now be seein yer name in the 'medja'?? can't wait -- headline in world news -- !!

and fair dues to you Benjy - you must be amazin at the aul job.. mind you -- after taking the plunge and letting them know what's for I think I'd have insisted on choice of hours or/and a pay rise... but -- you know best... hope it works out missus.

Pauly - would you say you've been miserable for the whole 17 years tho? Like I'm a bit miserable right now - have been on and off for the last year and a half for different reasons.. but I was really happy for many years before that - and I s'pose I hope to get happy again? Or maybe you're right -- get the hell out -- just don't think I want to start over again anywhere --even if I could - I feel the myth of 'loads of jobs out there' is just that --- a myth.. a partner of one of the lads with the bikes -- she's 58 and was made redundant from Debenhams -- she was a supervisor in there.. she's smart, clever, well educated, HEAPS of retail experience... and she doesn't even get as far as interviews -- she KNOWS it's her age (mind you - she looks about 40) she's 100% sure they go no further than DOB on her CV and I'm inclined to agree with her.. lots of people (women in particular) over 50 come in and out of the library doing CV's etc.. and they all report the same thing... so yeah - might hang on where I am and wait for the 'happy' time!!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

My crush was David Essex....those EYES....ooohhh yeah

Meant to say hi all..and again Mary...such an easy job you made those 5 years look! Well done indeed

I feel so much better for my few days away...just put perspective on my life..and I've decided I'm going to retire early ..2 years time...unless I get happier again..shared that with himself so now that's a date...and screw rainy days...going to enjoy the money in the bank and when that's gone we'll sell the car/bike/house/bodies....whichever gets most...guessing the bodies are safe enough..don't think there'll be a ravening hoard after them:applouse:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Yer man up there you'd spend all your time sewing the holes in his jeans :haha:

Davy Jones was too pretty Jacks. But possibly attainable for you 'cos he was English ....
            Mickey Dolenz - I liked the quirky ones or the ones that made me laugh.
            LOVED :heart: David Essex too.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post

Meant to say hi all..and again Mary...such an easy job you made those 5 years look! Well done indeed

I feel so much better for my few days away...just put perspective on my life..and I've decided I'm going to retire early ..2 years time...unless I get happier again..shared that with himself so now that's a date...and screw rainy days...going to enjoy the money in the bank and when that's gone we'll sell the car/bike/house/bodies....whichever gets most...guessing the bodies are safe enough..don't think there'll be a ravening hoard after them:applouse:
              X post Molls

Comment

I think Molls that when our other halves are at home we get 'unsettled' ( pissed off) going to work.
                I think that's happened to me 3 years ago and maybe what's happening to you? It's insidious - just a low level "feck this for a lark I want freedom too " kinda thing.

Comment

and fair dues to you Benjy - you must be amazin at the aul job.. mind you -- after taking the plunge and letting them know what's for I think I'd have insisted on choice of hours or/and a pay rise... but -- you know best... hope it works out missus.
                  [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] ye know what I could do it standing on my head - and it's taken 3 years for the dopes to realise that. That is just fact - not boasting.
                  The thing is I love the job - the interaction with people is necessary for my sanity - and my unavailability at weekends to do stupid things like pubs, visiting etc. - zero interest tbh.
                  Watching the struggle of the old (er) folks makes me grateful I have my health.
                  I feel I will now say - f*ck it. I'll come & go as I please and they'd better be grateful.
                  As I said before - I look on it now as voluntary work - giving back to society. :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                    I think Molls that when our other halves are at home we get 'unsettled' ( pissed off) going to work.
                    I think that's happened to me 3 years ago and maybe what's happening to you? It's insidious - just a low level "feck this for a lark I want freedom too " kinda thing.
                    Maybe it is... I didn't really think of that.. and when I was loving the job it deffo wasn't an issue - just relieved not to be stuck looking at him all day!!! But now - I'm heading out every day and really not happy about lots of it.. and yeah - he can make his own little agenda for the day - and it might be only walking down to the beach and back and going to supervalu - but it's HIS choice - and tbh I shouldn't begrudge him it.. it's not like he's been a lazy lump all his life sitting at home - when he worked he was a trojan.. and now deserves all the peace and rest in the world - but yeah - may be a little bit of that...

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] ye know what I could do it standing on my head - and it's taken 3 years for the dopes to realise that. That is just fact - not boasting.
                    The thing is I love the job - the interaction with people is necessary for my sanity - and my unavailability at weekends to do stupid things like pubs, visiting etc. - zero interest tbh.
                    Watching the struggle of the old (er) folks makes me grateful I have my health.
                    I feel I will now say - f*ck it. I'll come & go as I please and they'd better be grateful.
                    As I said before - I look on it now as voluntary work - giving back to society. :angel:
                    Well good for you -- and the great part is that you can go any time it DOESN'T suit you - and THEY now know that too - so they need to make your time there pleasant - so it might be super duper!!!

Comment

Evening everyone. Sorry about the ankle Brit, hope you make a speedy recovery. Glad you enjoyed Kerry Molly. Off west ourselves tomorrow so might be off the grid for a few days. Great news on the job front Bridget and Satz. Glad to have the working week over. Need some rest and relaxation, been a busy few months.

Comment

Welcome home Molly. Good decision on retiring, 2 years is nothing.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                        Evening all,

Thoughts:
                        Today I was offered that weird job I alluded to. That was the only good part of the day. Which makes me think I should take the weird job and leave these narcissistic, spoiled, petulant pseudo-teenagers behind.
                        Not knowing how weird said job is, cannot advise. BUT, this is your first interview and you rocked it. What else is out there? Can you take a week off (think of something) and make it a project for the week - visit a few agencies, make calls, google.
                        Weird job could get weirder. Or, maybe its the opportunity of a lifetime?

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        Mickey Dolenz for me too!! lets have a swoon..
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

DO IT !!
                          Don't waste your life hating work - hating the gobshites - do what makes you happy. Life is not a rehearsal Bridge. This is IT !!
                          A lot of people are re-assessing their lives during this Pandemic ...... having more time - they have seen life off the hamster wheel.
                          I'll say it again Satzy, you are 100% correct girl.
                          I'm just laying on the lounge thinking exactly the same thing. This job doesn't suit me. There is a lot of dealing with people and their demands. I don't like people. There is a lot of event organisation. I don't like events. There is a lot of technology use. The computers smell my fear and malfunction in ways that even the IT guys can't understand. They are so sick of me. They say 'yes hello Bridget what have you broken now?' At the moment I'd like to punch folk in the throat but I have short arms and wouldn't be able to socially distance. Maybe I could wear a mask and deck whoever I want? Then run away. But I'm too fat to run. The Police are busy with other things though. Maybe a get away bike.

Life is too short.
                          You are SO SO right, Satzy.

Today was so bad that I took a Xanax that someone left behind 3 years ago. I found it at the bottom of the teaspoon compartment. The place with all the toast crumbs.

I'm going to bed early to stare at the ceiling fan and work out what the hell to do with my life.

That is all.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Afternooooon!!! just back from Beautiful Land! First and foremost --- Whizzy my heart goes out to you -- ptl you're on the mend woman - and don't stand too close the next time he's looking wobbly ;-) (only joking of course - delighted he's back on track too!!)
                            And Bridge --- will we now be seein yer name in the 'medja'?? can't wait -- headline in world news -- !!

Pauly - would you say you've been miserable for the whole 17 years tho? Like I'm a bit miserable right now - have been on and off for the last year and a half for different reasons.. but I was really happy for many years before that - and I s'pose I hope to get happy again? Or maybe you're right -- get the hell out -- just don't think I want to start over again anywhere --even if I could - I feel the myth of 'loads of jobs out there' is just that --- a myth.. a partner of one of the lads with the bikes -- she's 58 and was made redundant from Debenhams -- she was a supervisor in there.. she's smart, clever, well educated, HEAPS of retail experience... and she doesn't even get as far as interviews -- she KNOWS it's her age (mind you - she looks about 40) she's 100% sure they go no further than DOB on her CV and I'm inclined to agree with her.. lots of people (women in particular) over 50 come in and out of the library doing CV's etc.. and they all report the same thing... so yeah - might hang on where I am and wait for the 'happy' time!!!
                            Yes I've been miserable the whole time, started there at 29 and by the time I was 31 I was a full time boozer just to get through,never drank before starting there and had never experienced full blown panic attacks until starting there and as I said I quit 3 times but the lure of daily cash kept reeling me back in,id go to other salons and hafta work their mandatory hours and make a terrible paycheck for two weeks,bleh,and yes there were fun times but it was when my drinkin buddies worked with me, we'd start before the shift and maintain all day,that's no way to hafta deal with a job Bridget your post made me sad,I hope you can come to a decision that makes you happy and content,waves to all and have a wonderful day!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

Today was so bad that I took a Xanax that someone left behind 3 years ago. I found it at the bottom of the teaspoon compartment. The place with all the toast crumbs.

I'm going to bed early to stare at the ceiling fan and work out what the hell to do with my life.

That is all.
                              Bridge - that needs looking at -- and yes it's true -- we really REALLY only get one go at this -- and if life/job/relationship whatever is good sometimes and bad sometimes - or even just ok a lot of the time - but comfortable -- you know -- well it's hard to up and change to the unknown - cos who knows - the unknown could make us really unhappy and discontent... BUT -- if you're already unhappy/discontented... what's to lose??? it's a great position to be in achully --- nothing to lose!!

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                              Yes I've been miserable the whole time, started there at 29 and by the time I was 31 I was a full time boozer just to get through,never drank before starting there and had never experienced full blown panic attacks until starting there and as I said I quit 3 times but the lure of daily cash kept reeling me back in,id go to other salons and hafta work their mandatory hours and make a terrible paycheck for two weeks,bleh,and yes there were fun times but it was when my drinkin buddies worked with me, we'd start before the shift and maintain all day,that's no way to hafta deal with a job Bridget your post made me sad,I hope you can come to a decision that makes you happy and content,waves to all and have a wonderful day!
                              And Pauly --- I'd say the same to you girl!!! and I really DO understand why you stayed initially - to us problem drinkers -- a job that enables us to carry on drinking - having craic with workmates who are also drinking -- AND earning money to BUY said drink at the same time -- it would have been a no-brainer to most of us here I guess... sounds like an alcoholics version of living the dream!! BUT -- now you don't drink - so it must have echoes of time past - and you say yourself - it has changed anyway... you are REALLY young Pauly - you could be my daughter almost for christ sake..... don't let your life drift along. You have a talent that you can bring anywhere -- EVERYONE needs hairdressers -- every town - every shopping mall and if you wish - you can set up your own business... grab this by the balls Pauly and do it... or you'll find yourself at 60 'over the hill' like I am....

Long hard day today... still feeling ANGRY at a lot of injustices being done in my work place -- a lovely lady who works in the library I'm subbing in - they have her working 2 hours in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon -- she has to drive home in the middle almost 10 miles and back again - and not being paid for the afternoon stint -- she's the cleaner in the place and she's a great worker ---- and being made an ABSOLUTE mug of --- I was so angry today ... but they see nothing wrong with it... holy shit - life is unfair..

going to bed now -- hopefully to wake up in better humour!!!! night folks xx

Comment

Belated Congratulations and Happy 5th [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] you are awesome! :hugesmile:
                                Just been reading back...
                                [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] I hope your ankle is healing up swiftly. What an embuggerance. I know how frustrating it will be waiting for it to heal and not being able to get out for a run :hug:
                                [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] do please tell more about the weirdness of the offered job.. my mind is boggling. You sound so unhappy where you are. Is there anything specific you don't want to lose by leaving? Good to have proved to yourself you have options. Is it worth putting up with the idiots a bit longer while you find something you really want?
                                I too am on the job hunt again. My manager is continuing his shitty behaviour, despite apologising and promising not to do it again, he is still doing it. I got really stressed and upset about it then had a bit of a breakthrough. I've made them change my reporting lines to the one above while I look for something else. I also got myself a mentor so I have someone else I can ask questions instead of my shitty manager and she is awesome. So that is a huge relief. I am grateful to have moved out of being upset and sleepless into a state of healthy righteous anger and now into a calm place of knowing I need to move on and I'll take my time doing it. Walking has helped me to process this stuff. I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't allowed to walk out my shitty feelings so my heart goes out to anyone trapped inside by covid. I def would lose my tiny mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X