Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army July 2020

:welldone: [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]
    We all need that 'me' time to think things through calmly.
    Then we have to decide to follow either heart or head .....
    Last edited by satz123; July 22, 2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].....................just for you. Betcha proud of your boys tonight and guess who we're playing Sunday.:egad
      BEST YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE EVER!!! - YouTube

Finally got through to the eye place and guess what they'll be sending me a letter. I'm tired of thinking about it, tired of half seeing stuff but I'll bet not as tired as yous lot listening about.

Nighty night lovelies.:hug:
      Last edited by JackieClaire; July 22, 2020, 05:08 PM.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].....................just for you. Betcha proud of your boys tonight and guess who we're playing Sunday.:egad
        BEST YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE EVER!!! - YouTube

Finally got through to the eye place and guess what they'll be sending me a letter. I'm tired of thinking about it, tired of half seeing stuff but I'll bet not as tired as yous lot listening about.

Nighty night lovelies.:hug:
        [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I've sent that on to the rest of the household here - Young Satz has been LP fanatic since he was 2.
        You talk away about your eyes Jacks - it's what's prominent in your life now along with the ageing Ms Bess so yap yap yap.....

Comment

Good morning everyone. Talk away JC, if we can’t do it here, where can we. Packing up to go west, first time in months I have been anywhere, the excitement!

Great believer in following the heart. That gut instinct is seldom wrong. Might not have WiFi so will catch up when I get back.

Comment

Getting to see me Mammy today in the garden of the Nursing Home. If the rain EVER stops :clouds:

Summer my arse

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post

Great believer in following the heart. That gut instinct is seldom wrong.
              :applause2:

Enjoy Rusty !!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I've sent that on to the rest of the household here - Young Satz has been LP fanatic since he was 2.
                You talk away about your eyes Jacks - it's what's prominent in your life now along with the ageing Ms Bess so yap yap yap.....
                Liverpool are our second team......we love playing them as its always a good match even when we get beaten.

Poor auld Bess has got cataracts too..............but she's got a superpower...........her nose. Able to sniff any biscuit anywhere in a five-mile radius .

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                Good morning everyone. Talk away JC, if we can’t do it here, where can we. Packing up to go west, first time in months I have been anywhere, the excitement!

Great believer in following the heart. That gut instinct is seldom wrong. Might not have WiFi so will catch up when I get back.
                Thank you and enjoy your time away.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                Getting to see me Mammy today in the garden of the Nursing Home. If the rain EVER stops :clouds:

Summer my arse
                Yep............what summer??? I've got the heating on and its 23rd of July. I'll put it off in a minute once the house gets warmed through.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Where do you all LIVE??? 23 degrees in car coming to work and been sea swimming most days for last month!!!
                  Locked outta me library! Ffs going home 5 mins if no one turns up!!
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    Where do you all LIVE??? 23 degrees in car coming to work and been sea swimming most days for last month!!!
                    Locked outta me library! Ffs going home 5 mins if no one turns up!!
                    Costa del Tyne but unfortunately my genes scream Costa del Sol.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Its humid out all right Molly.. did they let you in? :haha:

Off today and packing for a weekend in the tent. Well, Mr M does the camp bit, I'll look after the food. The effort of this and the idea of setting up camp in the rain... not appealing.

Mask wearing has proven to be quite useful when you dont want to make small take to people that you should stop and say hello to, but dont really have anything to say. Who can say who is really behind the masks, best not to take a chance..
                      [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - yap away, we all need one place to vent! Any sign of that letter?? How can you tell if Bess has cataracts too? Pair of superwomen so yiz are.

Bridge - wheres your head at today? Think I was too cautious in previous post (spot the person with young kids and a good good chunk of a mortgage still to go). You have nothing to lose, except your sanity, if you stay put. I hope you go for it!

Rustop, have a fabulous trip! Any mountain walks planned?
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hallo Army!!

Quick fly-by from me!
                        [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - hope you and Mr. A are coping. You sure have had your share of problems this last while. Sending you hugs.

Jackie - hope you get your letter soon and that it has an appointment date on it. If not - call them back and tell them in your sternest voice that you want to talk to the person in charge. You pay for health coverage and that's what you should get. Harrumph!!

Bridge - I hope you're feeling more positive. Maybe that wacky job is just what you need. If it sounds like your piece of cake, then take a big bite. No point in working at something you don't enjoy if you can have a bit of fun in a new workplace/environment. Hope things turn out for the best.

Waves to the rest of you from a warm but windy Greece. I couldn't bear a summer that wasn't at least very warm if not downright hot.

Wishing you all a lovely evening and a great Friday. Weekend just around the corner... :spin:
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Evening folks!
                          Yup Mary -- got in eventually -- Justin had texted me to say he had the keys and he was late so just went down the beach and had a paddle and had a LOVELY start to my day -

On my holliers now --- not going away till Monday tho.. so going to relax and enjoy doing little or nothing!!

It must be exciting having a choice of jobs.. can't imaging anyone wanting this aul one!!

now feet up and a cuppa - not bad ;-)
                          Last edited by mollyka; July 23, 2020, 02:51 PM.
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]................with Bess the vet just shone a light in Bess's eye. I had to do the whole eye test....................good news is they don't do that 'piff' thing in your eyes any more. Then about what felt like a year all these other test.
                            [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............its only been two days since the eye hospital got the letter from my GP.............so I'll wait until after the weekend. I got the spiel about them just re-opening after the virus and getting back to normal.

Doubt we'll get anywhere this year. Mr JC has had a whole three days off this year. Would be nice if he just took a few days at home but that doesn't seem to have entered his brain and tbh its the proper Summer break for the kids so most places are jammed.
                            Last edited by JackieClaire; July 24, 2020, 04:13 AM.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning to all up top.

Yes I've managed to pull my head out of my arse, consider myself lucky to be employed at such a time and stop searching the cutlery draw for the answers.

So that is Pauly, Fickle and myself updating our resumes and moving on to better things, is it? Fickle, I've got to say, despite it all at least you didn't just tolerate his rubbish and become resentful whilst actioning nothing (which is what I've done) When you leave they will know exactly why because you've been crystal clear. They have a responsibility to do something about this guy. I certainly hope they do because Fair Work Australia aren't going away. I suspect they will be very busy actually.

So the job was to do with body donation. Human. Deceased. That kind. I won't be accepting as they are taking the piss with the conditions. Even in this climate they will struggle to fill it at that rate.

These holidays and mini breaks are sounding wonderful peeps. That's part of the secret isn't it? Having something to look forward to and plan towards?

I'm thinking I'd like to do a cleanse. That might be the answer. Might Google that before I start work today. I rolled into Kmart last night and bought all sorts of planner-ish, goal setting-ish stationary. Just feel like writing some things down. Might get a little vision board-ish thing going on too. Love stationary. LOVE it.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                                Might get a little vision board-ish thing going on too. Love stationary. LOVE it.
                                Ohhh me too Bridge. Just yesterday I was ogling all the gorge matching folders, notebooks etc in the back to school aisle.
                                MADE myself put it back on the shelf - I KNOW i'd never use it.

A mood board is it Bridge ?

That body donation job sounds great ---- I know you won't tell us what it entails.
                                But if it's donating bodies to science I do think it's a great thing to do - maybe help a student doctor go on to help save someone, somewhere.
                                I may donate this old bag of bones to the College of Surgeons in Dublin. Save on funeral costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X