Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army September 2020

Originally posted by brit View Post
    Good morning Army--I did not have to fight the hospital to arrange a visit as they have sorted out a way for me to see him privately in a day room. The hospital authorities are saying no visitors but the nursing staff can see what a difference it makes to both his physical and mental health when we see each other.
    Lovely news JC about the engagement!
    Thank you everyone for the love you are sending my way
    I :heartbeat: nurses..........got a fair few in our family and they ooze common sense.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Public schools officially opened today. Masks are mandatory. This made me smile....

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Oh Brit I'm so glad a sensible work around was found. Goodness me you must both be so lonely without each other.

Sounds like a typical Techie adventure hanging off the mountain sans ear trumpets. When I say I understand about the fires, I mean it [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. It is one of the most helpless feeling there is. SkO destructive.
        I'll leave it at that tonight. I've had a noce calm and productive day today and I think an early night followed by some early morning gardening tomorrow is the way to go.

Thinking of you all and at last some good news - from Jenny and Adam - how lovely. Congratulations
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
          the nursing staff can see what a difference it makes to both his physical and mental health when we see each other.
          Lovely news JC about the engagement!
          Well at last some common sense - that is just the best news ever. :hyper:

Comment

Evening all!!! Joe called it about 20 years ago when he was forced to spend 20k to put shelving in his storeroom -- to take school copybooks up from the floor.. a perfectly tiled hygienic floor.. I understand food stuffs - but jaysus -- anyway he reckoned back then the 'health and safety brigade' as he called them - had gone power mad --- wouldn't argue with that. - Our libraries had to throw out ALL our 5 step ladders cos 4 step ones were safer -- like only adults were going to use them -- responsible sensible adults -- and what's happening with regard to the virus -- a lot of it - is nearly an extension of the same mentality -- treating us all like morons - and 'a rule is a rule' --- -- etc etc.. anyway -- thankfully in the case of Whizzy it's been sorted to the best it can be --
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Well at last some common sense - that is just the best news ever. :hyper:

Evening everyone. Love that quote Satz, how very true. So pleased that you are getting some time together Brit.

Very busy day at work. Feet up now with lovely bowl of beef borguignon that I did in the slow cooker. Great to come in and have it ready. Back in a bit.

Comment

Do you want me to explain The Rule of Six that we're now under in the UK? Buts its not for schools, work, shops................... well its just who you have in the house or if you're sitting in a park or on a beach or up a tree.......... In fact, could someone to explain it to me?
                Rumour has it they're going to hire wardens to make sure we stick to it......and fine us up to £3200........now tbh if someone starts peering through my window they'll get a knitting needle shoved where the sun don't shine.
                And a call out to tell tales ( or dobbing them in as its known round here) on our neighbours.............feck that for a starter.
                Or the stay one metre plus separation between people...................that's just England ..................... Now long is a metre plus? Actually I know how long a metre is.............its the plus I'm confused about. Just how long is a plus????
                Will there be enough padded cells for us that go mad with frustration?
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                  Evening everyone. Love that quote Satz, how very true. So pleased that you are getting some time together Brit.

Very busy day at work. Feet up now with lovely bowl of beef borguignon that I did in the slow cooker. Great to come in and have it ready. Back in a bit.
                  I LOVE my slow cooker Rusters . I had chicken curry this eve ...... melt in the mouth .
                  Last week I did Beef Cheeks in red wine - to die for !!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    Do you want me to explain The Rule of Six that we're now under in the UK? Buts its not for schools, work, shops................... well its just who you have in the house or if you're sitting in a park or on a beach or up a tree.......... In fact, could someone to explain it to me?
                    Rumour has it they're going to hire wardens to make sure we stick to it......and fine us up to £3200........now tbh if someone starts peering through my window they'll get a knitting needle shoved where the sun don't shine.
                    And a call out to tell tales ( or dobbing them in as its known round here) on our neighbours.............feck that for a starter.
                    Or the stay one metre plus separation between people...................that's just England ..................... Now long is a metre plus? Actually I know how long a metre is.............its the plus I'm confused about. Just how long is a plus????
                    Will there be enough padded cells for us that go mad with frustration?
                    That made me laugh out loud.
                    :harhar:

Comment

And I've no problem dobbing on anyone who acts the mick .... people are dying. There is a contingent in Dublin that rules don't apply to - for anything.
                      My mother's carer & her tribe for instance. They may have been the 'salt of the earth' but no more. Young fella took off to Spain - his mother said he'd be 'carrying on' : which means Cocaine & drinking - he came back and infected her whole family.
                      It's a lesson to them because they do not social distance, wear a mask and have parties in the flats every weekend. FFS!!

(oops I said Mick - he'll be over now raiding the fridge ...... :egad

MERS WHEN YOU GET IN - PUT THE PADLOCK ON THE FRIDGE DOOR - THERE'S A GOOD GURL....
                      Last edited by satz123; September 14, 2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        That made me laugh out loud.
                        :harhar:
                        You couldn't make it up.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...............cross posted. There's a programme on TV about a police station that Mr. JC used to spend time in the cells..................as the duty lawyer.

Yes, if it got out of hand............I'd be ringing them.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Fridge Locked down, like us Dubs will be by tomorrow :egad: Glad someone has 6-person-rule experience JC, we are going to need it apparently. On the flip side, middle child unfortunately wont be able to attend her little gathering of bodycon dresses made from tissue ('EVERYONE WEARS THEM, door slams) so I can breath for another week.

Also love my slow cooker. Beef cheeks.. have you a recipe [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]? How much red wine do you use? I avoid it like the plague. Dont think I'll ever really trust myself - I can manage the pouring, but its the memories of the flavours that Id be worried about.

Delight you got to visit Mr A [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].

Lovely about Jennys ring too [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] :love_heart:
                            Last edited by IamMary; September 14, 2020, 04:31 PM.
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all! Call out to Tony..
                              If you really want this you need to check in imo..regardless of whether you drank or not..if you are getting online meetings instead that's great too..just let us know...we do worry and we don't judge...

Sending love to MrsA and Nora and anyone else who feels they need it!! Xx
                              I've absolutely no bother cooking with wine but I don't ever have any so replace with balsamic..but at Christmas etc when there's left overs I lather sauces with it
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves,
                                Ditto on the Tony where are you call?
                                Very early on this time round a wise woman said to me.............if you've had time to drink you've got time to check-in. We're not here to judge we're here to help. I clung to the boards for the first year.

I never liked food with wine in it start with and leftovers didn't exist...............I was very partial to French onion soup, with a dash of brandy in it.

Much love to our Brit & Nora. :hug:

I'd better get on and check the trees at the bottom of the garden just in case they explode.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X