Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army September 2020

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
    Just reading something that Pauly wrote in last month's thread - reminded me of something. Sober Bridget used to look after drunk Bridget. It really was like living two lives or having multiple personalities. Sober Bridget used to make food and leave it in the fridge, get all the work done knowing that hung over Bridge would never get to it. Sober Bridge used to know that the next day would be a write off. She used to make sure the bed was made up, a shower had been had all these other things that I can't even remember any more. It was years ago now, before the first time that I quit. I used to joke about it with my main drinking buddy and call my alter ego Sybil. Sybil trimmed the plants last night at 3am. Sybil's sent some texts I see.
    What a baffling disease. Haven't thought about that for ages.
    That is very funny and not funny at the same time :nonchalance: (neutral emoji).
    Last edited by IamMary; September 3, 2020, 05:19 PM.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Sorry to hear about the news from Techie and Nora.

Mr A still in critical care but making some progress from his 2nd operation but still waiting for the histology from his brain tumour. The Neuro hospital are liasing with the surgical department so hopefully he is getting joined up care.

Went out for a walk by myself at 6am as I need a break from the house and the telephone.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the news from Techie and Nora.

Mr A still in critical care but making some progress from his 2nd operation but still waiting for the histology from his brain tumour. The Neuro hospital are liasing with the surgical department so hopefully he is getting joined up care.

Went out for a walk by myself at 6am as I need a break from the house and the telephone.

Comment

Technical problem! Posted twice

Comment

Hi Whizzy great to hear from you ..that news sounds ok?..(says me with NO medical knowledge)..mind yourself too tho...u are the centre of his world right now so you owe it to yourself AND him to take care xxxxx
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves to the world and the universe and beyond.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]......:hug:......don't be worrying about the double posts.............we had a speight of them last month.
              Thank you so much for keeping us informed at this difficult time. I know I'd be hid under the duvet. Keeping fingers crossed for speedy but not rushed results.

Bess is okay...........she's now blinking constipated.

Oh and in other news Jenny & Ads are getting married. Don't know when or where.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Thanks for checking in Brit and as Molly said take care of yourself. Big :hug::hug: [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]. It is hard, we all go through it at some stage and never gets easier.

Oh JC, that’s wonderful news, not Bess’s constipation but Jenny’s news. New hat? Will give you all something to look forward to. Thanks for the laugh again Bridget, that was probably all of us, we just never named our more functioning half.

Got the ceiling in the bedroom done yesterday so starting on the walls today.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                  Hi Whizzy great to hear from you ..that news sounds ok?..(says me with NO medical knowledge)..mind yourself too tho...u are the centre of his world right now so you owe it to yourself AND him to take care xxxxx
                  Good morning Army!!

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - what Molly said. We have to take care of ourselves to be able to care for others. :hug: :heart:

Four more hours and I am outta her for a girls' weekend in the beautiful old port city of Nafplio.

Can't wait. My girlfriends and I and my convertible are gonna burn rubber getting out of this city!! Just want to lie on the beach in the sun, eat my heart out and the shop for trinkets. The sober life ROCKS!!!!!!!

Wishing you all a very pleasant day!!
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    Morning and waves to the world and the universe and beyond.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]......:hug:......don't be worrying about the double posts.............we had a speight of them last month.
                    Thank you so much for keeping us informed at this difficult time. I know I'd be hid under the duvet. Keeping fingers crossed for speedy but not rushed results.

Bess is okay...........she's now blinking constipated.

I missed that!!! Woot, Woot! Another wedding!! Fab news. Now all you need is to have a grandkid. Or TWO.... :heartbeat:
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hello Army, @satz sorry I had you left in August haha [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] prayers sent, hopefully she'll be like satz's mom and it passes quick! [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I'm sorry about your mom, I didn't know she was declining so fast, waves to all and hope we all have a decent day
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening all!! jaysus -- just realised what a mad bint I am -- my first thought when I heard about the wedding was 'poor Jackie' :welldone: my worst nightmare - but obviously others love them so CONGRATS all round... I fear one may be lurking in the Adam corner of my life -- I studiously dismiss it from my head whenever it shows its ugly head!!!
                        Enjoy the girls weekend Stirly - sounds lovely -- was up all around Carlingford Lough the last 2 days - the north end of it - haven't really spent time there before but it's stunning - amazing beaches -- had a fab time actually - quite sad coming home but will hopefully get away next week for another wee trip -- a colleague of mine is in quarantine so hope the feck I don't get the poxy virus -- I'll blame Skerries if I do cos that's where we were working togetherosteroops:

MrsA - Techie - and my lovely Nora -- how are things today? Any news of your loved ones? I keep saying it but it's a very sad time for so many
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post

Got the ceiling in the bedroom done yesterday so starting on the walls today.
                          HOW BIG is that shaggin house [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] - there must be at least 80 rooms - or are you on your way around again :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Evening all!! jaysus -- just realised what a mad bint I am -- my first thought when I heard about the wedding was 'poor Jackie' :welldone: my worst nightmare - but obviously others love them so CONGRATS all round... I fear one may be lurking in the Adam corner of my life -- I studiously dismiss it from my head whenever it shows its ugly head!!!
                            Enjoy the girls weekend Stirly - sounds lovely -- was up all around Carlingford Lough the last 2 days - the north end of it - haven't really spent time there before but it's stunning - amazing beaches -- had a fab time actually -
                            Yes Molls - I was actually relieved when DD postponed her wedding till next year

:heart: Carlingford - 'cept when the shouty nordies are around ...
                            We almost bought a house there a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

:hyper: [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
                              Sure could be years Jacks - the way things are going. DD moved hers out 12 months to July 2021.....

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............while I'm happy for them................my first thought was 'why don't they just bugger off and do it and tell me after'. ..........what came out of my mouth after the congrats was 'please, please keep it simple' .................I'm a terrible mother.
                                I must have told you about the time Jenny was a bridesmaid for one of her mates and they had a trained owl to deliver the rings to the vicar just before the vows.............it was all going well until they released the owl and it flew straight into a tree and sat on a branch with the rings dangling from its foot about 20 feet off the ground for half an hour before they could coax it down.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X