Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army October 2020

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    So I hear!! Will that go down well? Ours is (so far) pain free and everyone as far as I know seems to be compliant (I'm sure there's a few muppets but there'll always be some) - our figures are coming down already so hopefully Christmas will happen after all!! sod halloween - hate it and hated it all my life.

Fabulous morning here -- MAD windy and wild - torrential showers earlier and now the sun is blazing -- really weird -- love that sort of 'interesting' weather -- heading down the beach shortly to see the waves... we have a wee castle across the road from us - and they are projecting witchy images and ghostly stuff onto the walls of the exterior and loads of people are driving up with their kids to watch it - I think it's a brilliant idea for the year that's in it -- and all in safety --- they are doing it for the whole weekend -- very imaginative
    Afternoon all. Brilliant idea Molly. We never had trick or treating as kids. Stayed home and bobbed for apples. There are ways and means around everything. Lucky you being so close to the sea. It’s outside my 5km but went for a walk on the beach in Brittas Bay a few weekends ago before lockdown. I can walk in the woods so not complaining. Had the same sort of morning here, hope to get walk in before it rains again. Great to see the numbers coming down, fingers crossed for some sort of Christmas. How do you feel about full lock down JC? I’m back crocheting, teaching myself the waffle stitch, doing a blanket in it.

Comment

England will go into a four week lockdown starts on Thursday. Boris was supposed to turn up at 4pm today...........ended up at 6:30pm with the news.......consensus opinion he was watching the rugby.
      Schools and colleges will stay open but only essential shops will stay open. There's merry Hell going on.
      Which means I'll have Mr. JC set up in the back bedroom 'til early December.
      It also means we're going to have to sort through the piles of towels and sheets and get the buggers put back in the airing cupcoard.

We've had no trick or treaters just some morons out there letting of fireworks nearby.........not the gentle oooh ahhh ones of our youth and a sparkler or two. Big fat ones that sound like bombs. Morons.

Think I've finished ranting.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening.
        Couldnt get on last night. Apparently when we go over out broadband limit, we get de-prioritised:eek-new: Roll on Monday when the kids go back to school.

So a happy belated birthday to you [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]
        hope you had a lovely day :sendflowers:

Welcome to full lockdown [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Although you couldnt tell tonight, the streets are littered with people. Theres no trick or treating or even bomb fires, but lots of fireworks. But its all outdoors so and Id say most people are being very careful. Nice atmosphere around..
        The local county council have lit up a lot of castles and old houses. Looks really well.

New beginnings for you [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]!
        Last edited by IamMary; October 31, 2020, 03:49 PM.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Just popping in to say goodnight...wandered out for a while this evening and yeah there were a few around alright Mary but it was all very safe looking...good to see actually..was afraid there'd be gangs of kids trick or treating etc but no
          We used to go on our holliers to Brittas Bay Rusters...happy memories too...simple times huh!?
          Night all xx
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
            I agree to disagree on that one Benjy..we think completely differently tbh..and in my case it's nothing to do with being scared...but ..no..I think it's wrong..I'm happy to wait another while and had lovely times in ireland this year so win-win..but everyone has the right to their own opinions
            No flying anywhere here either .
            I feel I've been judged here.
            You think it's wrong I went on holiday - I do not....

I went on holiday because
            a) I had worked my arse off for the last 12 months to pay for a holiday
            b) I had done more than my bit in the COVID fight since March with other frontliners while the rest of the country stayed at home sitting in the sun.
            and
            c) I was not about to throw away 1500 euro I'd already paid. That, in my opinion would be wrong.

Lastly : Greece was on the Government Green List of places we could safely travel to.

Comment

Morning all, it’s my new favorite time of the week again. 7am on a Sunday, not hungover and a day full of possibilities ahead.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!:balloons:
                Hope you had a lovely day

Good morning Tabbers, I love Sunday mornings too

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] I can imagine myself being deeply distressed by the kids moving out if were not AF. Its a bit like when they were little and climbing up the slide. I was so anxious I had to look away to let them do it or I would've spoilt their fun. This is something they all need to do. I'm lucky they aren't going far to start with, so should be easy for me to get used to compared to them all going overseas or something. Spent the weekend helping son to move. He's 22 and never been anywhere really so I'm very pleased for him. He's minutes away from old school friends so will have more of a social life than he's had here.

My eldest is 27 and even though she's been overseas for months at a time, she's never 'moved' away from home. It's vital she get out there and live her own life. She's found a nice brand new apartment to share on 12th floor of a tall building and is moving in 2 weeks. She's always wanted to live in a modern apartment since she grew up in such a run down old cottage.

She I'm still a little bit terrified of what I will do myself TBH but I'm keeping optimistic. I met my new neighbours today and they seem really nice. Am planning on throwing myself fully into fixing up the house to rent it out. Ill be like Rustop painting the house from top to bottom

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] it sounds like Greece is very organised to handle Covid and I'm glad you had a lovely time. I feel jealous as overseas travel is still a long way off for us. I recently flew interstate when they opened the borders and was amazed at how they packed us in as close as ever. They gave us a speech about how they deep cleaned the plane between flights but when I put my table down there was food smeared on it. Not a very deep clean I thought and gave a shudder. I felt very lucky to be able to travel between Canberra and Brisbane while other members of my family were still locked down in Melbourne. A few weeks earlier I had done a road trip up near the Queensland Border while it was still shut and encountered some very frightened people when I stopped for coffee in a small town. They were very concerned to think I was on the road going from anywhere to anywhere. I pointed out I wasn't doing anything illegal and was allowed to travel within NSW so long as I didn't cross the border but they were just so scared. They told me how the local police were out stopping them even travelling between home and work so they were amazed I thought it was ok to drive between towns.
                Last edited by fickle; November 1, 2020, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Id say I'll be a bit devastated when my lot start to move on. Just telling you all here in advance. Eldest is only 16, so Ive a bit to go yet :happy2: Youngest has a 10 year plan. Its detailed. Shes a bit nuts.
                  [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], no judgement at all. You followed all the rules, no need for explanations. We were just looking up places to stay in Greece for our next holiday - I'll have yourself and Sirtlys heads wrecked, Ive never been. Roll on a vaccination, or feck off Covid.

Its all over the news here, how Australia are doing so well on Covid cases. Well done you guys !! :hanging:

Ran today (we stagger it in pairs), a few in the group had bad hangovers. We hammered the last 2k and 2 were dry retching at the end. Smug? Absolutely :goodgirl:
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Jesus Mers - imagine running with a hangover !
                    We were just looking up places to stay in Greece for our next holiday - I'll have yourself and Sirtlys heads wrecked, Ive never been.

You'll love it [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - the people are lovely . Bit like the Irish - laid back. In 'normal' times couldn't give a feck - just want to be happy. And generous.
                    They don't really care if you spend money or not .... :haha: And if you do spend money they give it back some other way. Mr S will often buy around of drinks by the end of the night the barman is giving him & everyone else free drink.
                    Dinner is not just dinner. At the end there is always a free dessert / shot/ beer. When going home a gift of a bottle of the family's own wine or sweet treats.
                    ..... I love it.
                    That's my experience anyhoos.

Comment

Working...
                    X