2 days the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 days the day!

in about 2 hrs i shall b sat in the drs, bearing my soul, well this is the dilema, do i just say im having trouble controlling the amount i drink an stopping or do i tell him for the last god knows how many years ive ben drinking almost constantly, oh decisions, i dont want the dr to think im an unfit mother although at times i have, a liver test should revel the truth any way, this is scary, an y did i book the appointment so stupidly early, 8,50, i should b shakin good by then,!!! beatle if ur up i hope u and hubby have sorted things out, ghostie , well done tellin room mate, i wasnt so good last night, i think i totalled 20ish tins, an went pub, it is right nxt to bus stop, ! jaz, r u ok, !! an to every 1 else hope all is well, i didnt post last night as i was steaming an passed out, hopefully today ill get some help an do this safely, post later ,tell u what dr said, im hoping he scares the shit out a me,
    :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

2 days the day!

Good luck, Rachel!

My first thought is that you just need to be honest--otherwise how can he have a real idea of how best to help you?

On the other hand, though, it's important to know what all the consequences might be....in other words, are you likely to be "punished"--like being declared unfit? Be careful, feel your way and see what seems right for the situation. Honesty does NOT require that you get hurt for trying to do the right thing and get help.

Get what you NEED out of this situation!

I will be thinking of you--and I'll say a prayer, send a blessing--whatever works for you!

susan
    "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

2 days the day!

Morning Rachel28

Good luck for the docs and by the way im a single mother and ive been docs several times about my drinking for help and you know what I didnt care if he/she thought I was an unfit mother I was asking for help not there opinion on motherhood so fuck them pour your heart out and get get yourself some help ok girl you deserve it !!!!

And by the way my parents and I have have eventually decided im going to try and get into rehab i know thats the break I need to get my head straight after the years of abuse its taken away my personality and my son is gonna stay with them and you know what I dont care anymore what the fuck people say about my mothering skills because inside I know I look after him and love him so it dont matter I just want to get better so I can be a better person!!!!

So lets do this Rachel28 and by the way im 31 so we both still have a lot of living to do if we wanna be grandmas hehe :H

Comment

2 days the day!

Good luck Rachel... you'll be fine... when I went to the Dr I told her that I was drinking heavily and needed help to reduce etc... I don't think you need to say how long you've been "enjoying" the tipple...

Anyway check in later and tell us how you went..

Cheers

Wattle
        Failure is not the falling down... it's the staying down

Comment

2 days the day!

hey thanks, keepon fair playy to u woman well done, thats a good spirit to have, im so glad u have stopped beating yourself up, u have a good family by sounds of it, good luck, your right, we got lots a living to do right, im bored of just existing, i want a life!! xx thamks wattle, has any 1 heard from morrison, yet xx

Comment

2 days the day!

Yeah, on second thoughts, KeepOn is right--be honest, damn the consequences, and get the help you need and deserve.

Sometimes, I'm just too concerned over "image"--thanks for putting things in perspective!

And good for you, too, KeepOn--rehab isn't fun--but then it's not meant to be, is it! It's a way to get a grip on reality...and get some tools to get your life together. The program I went to was horrendously expensive and not really all that great--but, you know what? It wasn't the PROGRAM that had to do the work--that was my job...really, you get out of it what you put into it. I put my heart and soul into the idea that I would put an end to drinking myself to death and wasting my life--I knew I deserved the effort! And it paid off!

Off you go, Rachel--and good luck!

susan
            "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

2 days the day!

Good luck for visit to the docs rachael, be up front - tell him/her everything - get the help you need. Missed your posts last night, & wondered if you had gone down towards the bus stop.

luv luc
              Gonnabee not Wannabee

Comment

2 days the day!

thanks all, an luc i didnt post last night cos id been at the bus stop in the afternoon an carried on into the night, was slosshed an thought it best not to post , i say some really silly things when drunk, an by time oldest lad got of computer id passed out!! xxxx

Comment

2 days the day!

Are you taking a taxi to the docs or do you have to pass the 'bus stop test' ?

Stay safe Rachael.

luv luc
                  Gonnabee not Wannabee

Comment

2 days the day!

lol, there r 3 pubs 2 go past but luckily its to early for them to b open, !!!

Comment

2 days the day!

Well that's a relief.............for us all............cos we're all with you Rachael.
                      Gonnabee not Wannabee

Comment

2 days the day!

Hi Rachel,
                        Just remember this-kids are taken off of people only if they are neglected. Sure, there are mums like you and I and countless others who are alcoholics, but it doesn`t necessarily follow that we neglect our kids. I`m an alcoholic, but also a good mum, as undoubtedly you and all the other mums on here are. Sure, we`re not perfect, but then, who is?

So don`t bottle out of being completely honest at docs. Rachel, as if we lie at the doc`s, we can`t get the help we need. Get all the help you can-you deserve it!!!! Am in Scotland-went to docs a month ago and told the absolute truth-that I `need`(past tense now) to drink every night. Doc was great and gave me librium, which I was too scared to take. Doc will make meds available to you, and as you drink a lot more than I did, I think you should embrace any offer of real help.

Hope it goes well. Will be thinking of you.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

2 days the day!

thanks, i drink loads but somehow mannage to b a good mum i think, i dont drink to get drunk drunk just mainttainng a level of drunkeness , im gonna b true x

Comment

2 days the day!

Rachel, my advice is: listen to Sujul, she has great advice. (I think she has stolen my brain). Oh, and I agree with what Wattle said too. And also keepon. Hell, everyone here has said it better than I could.

The one thing I will emphasize (again from experience, and hell I'm not even that old) is that if you do not feel comfortable telling the doctor exactly how much you have been drinking, you do not have to. Just make it clear that you feel you are drinking too much and you sincerely want to change things. Image is not the point here. I have told too much, been brutally honest, and lived to regret it. Just get the help you need however you have to do it, but don't trust the doctors. They are the tools you need to get you into a situation that is better for you, but they can use knowledge against you. I almost had my kids taken away from me because I was honest about how much I drank, this despite the fact that I know I am a great parent and everyone who knows me would say the same thing. ok, my bad experience is maybe an isolated case. but maybe not. just wanted to warn you. the most important thing is that you make it clear that you need and want help to get out of your situation. And you do. Get as much help as you can. We are all here rooting for you.

This is getting long so I'll save my opiniated perspective on rehab for another post.

Your goal today, girl: get help getting sober.

Tomorrow you tackle the get help staying sober part.
                            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

2 days the day!

Look forward to hearing you`re home with script in hand to ease your detox then. Was nervous as Hell telling doc.-stay strong!!!!!

Starlight Impress

Comment

Working...
                              X