Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army November 2020

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    I've been to hell and back with my girlie and thought recently her life was settling down..but maybe not...a nasty old feeling in the gut...
    And another lady needing :hug::hug:

Comment

Talking of hugs : what a job to have :

Twitter

Comment

Wish I had a Cataract doctor in my back pocket [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].

And here, I thought all the daughter drama's disappeared with the teenager years. :sighbubble:

I'm predicting our restrictions will loosen as planned next week and then even more over Christmas. Big night here on Friday in Ireland, the Toy Show - the government have said they will work any announcement around it!
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Can you tell us Techie how to go about this ? I love the sound of it ....
          Mindfulness, Meditation, & self love. I find for myself, that how I am or how I respond to an issue, is the issue!
          Last edited by techie; November 24, 2020, 07:26 PM.
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning/afternoon Army!!

Looks like we need to make it an Army Mother's Day. Hugs to all Mammies (and Pappies) going through issues with their kids. When my kids were in their teens, I thought I couldn't wait for them to grow up, become adults, lead their own lives and my mind would be somewhat at rest. It doesn't happen. Ever. Best we can do is be there for them and listen, give our thoughts without it sounding like we're telling them what to do and then let them work it out their way. Not always easy, sometimes painful but we can't live their lives for them. Went through hell with younger son's separation - it killed me to see how much he suffered, but I could only be there to listen. Things eventually work out the way they are supposed to even if it's not the way we want or expect them to.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] - I have to literally stop and talk to myself sometimes as to how I respond to an issue/comment/situation. I do manage to let a lot of things go that way. There is no point whatsoever in holding on to something you can't change. Frees up the mind for much more positive thoughts.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - hope someone gets off their tush and gets things sorted out for you ASAP. You really have gone through the mill these last few years. You need a break. Sending you big hugs.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] - the dogger is darling. I know what you mean about your life being turned upside down. Not easy but he will calm down at some point and my guess is you will be completely taken by him. I bet the grandkids will love having a puppy to pamper.

Our new cases of Covid are down but our daily death rate is up. Mind you, I expect that older people or people with other health issues who have succumbed to some or any kind of flu will be labelled as Covid deaths. This is supposed to be the last week of our 3-week lock-down. My prediction is that the stores will open again for the Christmas/New Years season until about the first week of January and by then the numbers will have skyrocketed again and we will be back in another lock-down. From what I have heard the schools will not be opening again this year. And if we go into lock-down again in January, then they won't open then either. It is chaos with the on-line lessons and I don't think the students will really get much out of them. Don't know when we will pull out of all of this. Vaccines may be coming out but I wonder how much they will really help and if they are safe. IMVHO, they haven't been tested nearly long enough. Frustrating times but these too shall pass. PTL I am sober.

Anyway - wishing you the best day you can make it
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I thought I could explain who's supposed to be somewhere and who's allowed to visit but has already visited someone else but for the life of me i don't understand. So I thought I'd put the kettle on.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                I thought I could explain who's supposed to be somewhere and who's allowed to visit but has already visited someone else but for the life of me i don't understand. So I thought I'd put the kettle on.
                Good morning everyone and thanks JC, I’ll have the first cuppa. Thanks for all the kind thoughts, know that you all have been through it too and as Stirly says all you can do is support and listen. Hope there is not another boyfriend for a while though. The doggies are mounting up. First ex gave her JR puppy for her 18th, between being away at college etc dog has become ours. The lab/retriever was only meant to be here until boyfriend got a house. Boyfriend gone, dog stays :sad: Officially I only have one dog!

On a more positive note, beautiful morning, frosty but bright so nice walk in the woods and I am trying to fit in meditation every morning. Came across an Irish guy, Dermot Whelan and don’t know if it is the familiar accent or not but like his format. Few deep breath’s, set how you want to feel for the day, set an intention, 10 minutes max. I have loads of other stuff but don’t stick at them, hope to continue with this.

Comment

Hello Army. I have been trying to read back & get caught up with everyone. :heartbeat:

Sounds like things are as confusing everywhere else as they are here regarding restrictions. We are having a major increase in hospitalizations in my state. Doesn't seem to stop anyone from traveling.
                  My son just called me. His coworker has tested positive for covid. In addition, that person was out drinking with other coworkers. Who knows if more are infected. I'm holding positive thoughts that son & family don't get it.

Sending lots of hugs out to everyone here. Sounds like rough times all the way around. :hug:
                  [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I am sending you extra big hugs. I do hope that you can get your medical issues taken care of and your cataracts fixed soon. :hug: :heartbeat:
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Actually just popped in to sat NighyNight...................its not even 7:30pm but its been a pig of a day so taking my KIndle and ies bag of popcorn to bed and see what tomorrow will bring. The rate I was going this afternoon that'll be about 45 Amazon parcels.

...............one moment please I've just posted this in the newbies thread,
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

NoraC..................found you at last. Told you I was tired. Think we're all brain addled with rules and reg.

Has the new babe arrived yet? Can't belong.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Only 3 more weeks!!!!! Caesarean is scheduled for December 14 at 1:00 pm. :yay: Then we have another little girl. Her name is Persephone Autumn. Savannah can't say that so it will be Persie.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sleep well JC. Enjoy your kindle & popcorn. :heartbeat:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

ah the lovely Nora --- don't be worrying about the son and family -- they're young -- and odds are even if they get it they'll be absolutely fine.. I think life is a right bummer at the moment and things that we normally could let upset us - nowadays we really can't afford to -- try and let things slide over our head... and now and again it's really really important to remember this one

Grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference

So easy to forget that - and d'ya know -- it's a let-off -- it's telling us we DON'T have to be 'in charge' of everything going on around us...
                            We all have worries and ailments at the moment - not least poor Rusters with 3 dogs (that would be MY worst nightmare:congratulatory: bless you you should be sainted!!!)
                            Anyway happy thanksgiving for tomorrow for you Nora and Techie and Byrdy and Lav and Pauly and all the other american folks on here -- ONE thing DumperTrump has done is give us on this side of the Atlantic more knowledge of when things like Thanksgiving happen -- we achully watch your news albeit in horror (not any more PTL!!!)
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], thats very exciting! I never found out the sex of any of mine and guessed wrong every time, zero intuition :haha: Great that they are prepared, no dashing out to shops with everything going on..

Xpost Stirls.

I stepped in dog poo this evening. Didnt notice it until I got home and walked all over the carpet
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Army folks from the U.S.
                                CE2E8A79-23A9-4FEC-ACE2-063BB200BB19.jpeg
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X