International Army November 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army November 2020

Evening...busy busy but might stay up for the US election....so sad looking at the queues of lovely ordinary people...could be Irish...to vote...that mad orange fat lump has us all thinking America is all Looney...so not...really hope their normal world can resume after this time...looking at those peeps really struck a chord
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Evening...busy busy but might stay up for the US election....so sad looking at the queues of lovely ordinary people...could be Irish...to vote...that mad orange fat lump has us all thinking America is all Looney...so not...really hope their normal world can resume after this time...looking at those peeps really struck a chord
      Evening Molly and all to come. Know what you mean, never thought I would end up feeling pity for the American people or the really decent ones anyways . It’s criminal what he has been let get away with.

Working week over so catch up in the house now. Very early days for you JC, your future rescue will come into your life when you are ready. Hope you get the eyes sorted and you the sciatica Satz. Waves to everyone else. Need to get some food.

Comment

Popcorn and M&M's..duvet down...fire blazing...yup I'm up for the night for US election...mad or WHA?
        There prolly won't even be a whiff of results tomorrow but in times of lockdown here this is like a big adventure!!! D'ya remember the time we commemorated here live one night on the Olympics was it?

MrsA..been thinking of you..let us know how things are lovely xxx
        We had budgies Jacks...my favourite pets were hens tho...great companions..I shared many crises with my girls!

Comment

I'm switching everything off...........I'll have a sneaky peek at my phone when I get up.
          Just realised Mr. JC's cousin lives round the corner from the Whitehouse.

I :heartbeat: USA. Had the best holiday of my life and waking up in New York on my birthday still gives me a buzz thinking about it. Obama was the president then.I felt safe. I fear that I'll never go back again.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].............both Dylan and Bess sort of landed in our lap. Dylan was owned by an alleged drug dealer and was a street dog. A friend of my cousin took him in and then we got him for a what was supposed to be a couple of weeks...............ten years later we said the last goodbye.
          So did Bess..........Mr JC had a client who died and said the clients dog was with The Dog's Trust..................zoooooooooooom. We had Bess 14 years or rather she had us.
          So both of them fell into our laps so to speak.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Cross-post, Molls.
            I loved your chickens. I remember when one was poorly. Egg bound or something.

Was it the Rio Olympics???
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              Cross-post, Molls.
              I loved your chickens. I remember when one was poorly. Egg bound or something.

Was it the Rio Olympics???
              can't remember -- could well have been -- it was great craic and a few of us from different corners of the earth -- gas altogether!
              Yes the poor old thing I'd forgotten that - she got better then I think - - Joey bought me my first ones - a few months before I finally got sober altogether - he bought them from a pal of his who had made a little business for himself breeding unusual ones - brought them home on a bus in a cardboard box -- he was only a young lad in school at the time and he was afraid he would be put off the bus if he had 'pets' with him - so every time they'd cluck in the box he'd do a big loud cough to cover it -- bless him it was so thoughtful - those few months between when he brought them home and that christmas were horrible generally - drinking or not drinking - Joe and I were very unhappy - and I used to sit outside with the girls and just cry!!

anyway - we've had a couple of replacements since but now it's time for the dog so....

ah go on and stay up - the results will be starting soon!!!

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], i'll could hold you to that
                The cases are worrying but washing your hands and wearing a mask is as good as being vaccinated apparently. If you've avoided hospital for 40 odd years, your as healthy as a horse.. Switch off the media feed, its not good for the head.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                Right, that's my night's entertainment. 3 x Army recommendations is good enough for me.
                well I hope we didnt build it up too much.. its actually shite, go watch it.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                both Dylan and Bess sort of landed in our lap. Dylan was owned by an alleged drug dealer and was a street dog. A friend of my cousin took him in and then we got him for a what was supposed to be a couple of weeks...............ten years later we said the last goodbye.
                So did Bess..........Mr JC had a client who died and said the clients dog was with The Dog's Trust..................zoooooooooooom. We had Bess 14 years or rather she had us.
                So both of them fell into our laps so to speak.
                I was going to suggest fostering too.. one of those poor dogs. But you clearly don't do temporary!

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION], your going to have a blast on your own :sohappy:

I need to motivate myself to do more housework and paint a few walls. Mr M hates painting but hes much better and quicker than I am. So I have to play the game of planning, getting the paint, starting it all, then he eventually takes over. No dinner also speeds this up.
                But I do like painting..
                Last edited by IamMary; November 3, 2020, 06:05 PM.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post

I thought I would hate being here on my own in this house, but I suspect I'm going to enjoy not having other people's junk all over the place and not having to clean up after others
                  It is SO good... You may feel a little 'off' for a few days. Then you will never want to share again. But you will. Because they will come back. And back. And back. :sad:
                  Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; November 3, 2020, 07:07 PM.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                    Yo Bridgit! The movie looks good. I have been bingeing on "Ozark" on Netflix. Keeps you in suspense. And there's a young girl who plays in it - Julia Garner. Only 26 years old but IMO, a very good actress. She's got a bright future.
                    As long as it's not Jennifer Garner, Stirls . Anyone for a 'deer caught in headlights' look?
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                      It is SO good... You may feel a little 'off' for a few days. Then you will never want to share again. But you will. Because they will come back. And back. And back. :sad:
                      So true Fickle...bridgey never said a truer word there..so appreciate the lovely solitary times cos undoubtedly they won't last!

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                        Political comment:
                        [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..............what time did you nod off. Had a quick sneaky peek before I went to bed and then another this morning. Still millions of votes to count and the Orange one is already squealing about it to the Supreme court to step in. They're still counting how many rattles he threw out of pram as a baby.

Got the optician this morning and may do a bit of panic buying. Well not panic buying I want some new knickers and a decent pair of jogging bottoms.

Then Mr. JC will be setting up his office in the back bedroom.

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION].............it takes some getting used to. But honestly we expand to fill the space left behind. I love them dearly and love when they visit but there's a sigh of reiief when they go home.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Stayed awake most of the night..very exciting but frankly horrifying... even his VP spoke out against him..jeez..anyway
                          Good luck with optician you'll feel better when it gets moving...I've the dentist later...not really sure why I'm even going..there's nothing wrong but I'm sure he'll find something
                          Talk later

Comment

Good morning everyone. I was like you JC, dipped in and out. Would not have the stamina to stay up. Beautiful crisp morning and just back from a long walk. Quick coffee and then off to the dentist. Just a check up I hope! Good luck with the optician.

Having himself working from home is a bit like the kids. Nice for a time but God I would love an empty house to myself at times! Feel a bit guilty doing nothing (but crocheting and reading) when he is around.

Comment

Ps JC, fostering might be an option until you feel ready. Believe me you won’t feel like keeping a litter of puppies and it is rewarding but hard work. I grew very attached to the little fella I bottle fed but was glad to hand him over to his forever home.

Comment

Back from the opticians........... the right eye getting worse and the left eye just fecked.......another letter to my GP with urgency to get left eye done..............the the horsepital...........then we'lll see.

My cousin/godson ( the one that's outside Boston) was on the local radio in the UK to talk about the election. Mr. JC's just found it on BBC sounds and I've just listened to him. He's an American citizen now......been over there for yonks.......voted Biden but still hasn't lost his NE accent...............and I cried. I want to give him a hug and I miss him.
                                His mum (my Aunt) normally spends Christmas out there but he's not letting her come this year.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].......something we'll think about after Christmas...............yes there are still people who think giving a puppy as a Chrimbo gift a good idea. Then chuck them out 6 weeks later...........in fact that's how I got Bonnie.

Nice little trit trot round the shops.........got some new jogging bottoms..............not that I'm going jogging.............its more my wiastband is growing.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]........oddly enough its was supposed to be freezing out there so went dressing accordingly. Big jumper, padded jacket .................I was boiled.....its like a lovely spring day.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X