Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army November 2020

Afternoon all.
    I used to hate cats but I think a kitten and grow to love it is the way.
    [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] sciatica feeling much better thanks to the lully Barry but still having to take pain killers. Just back from 6k walk with the bould Rosie.
    Once I knew there was no structural damage to my back I felt much better.

I've a certain stretches to do & a 'firm tennis ball against the wall' ( sounds like a cocktail) into the muscle & press till it hurts for 5 minutes. Should be fun in work tomorrow :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
      I got Neven’s midweek meals cook book for birthday so trying out a few recipes. Tonight it is pork and apple burgers with Wicklow blue cheese and winter coleslaw.
      Rusters - the winter coleslaw sounds yum. Gis the recipe ?
      And Pork mince is such good value and I think less fatty than Beef.

Comment

Afternoon all.

Here it is Satz

Half celeriac peeled
        Half red cabbage, tough core removed
        2 carrots, peeled
        2 tsp caster sugar
        5 tbsp mayonnaise
        1 tbsp Dijon mustard
        1 tbsp white wine vinegar

Give the grated vegetables a good squeeze before placing in a large bowl. Mix the mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl, then fold into the grated vegetables until evenly coated. Season to taste.

Comment

Ps love cats but himself won’t let me have one because of the birds :sad:

Comment

Thank goodness something that doesn't have chicken in it. Going to give it go.

Can't have cats.................Mr JC is allergic to them. So is the S&H. My Ma & Pa had to take my two when I moved in with Mr. JC or did he move in with me. Tuffy and Beth.
            They already had one that just turned up and moved in (Tiger). They tried to find her owner.........she lived til she was about 19.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]
            ......I'd love to be a fly on the wall tomorrow
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all, not much to report except a busy stressful past few days in work. Not so long ago that would definitely end one way as soon as I was home. Not saying the thought didn't cross my mind but it wasn't really a struggle to say no. So all in all things are looking and my mood is much improved from where I was a few weeks ago, and in reality for such a long time, with my drinking, plain miserable is probably a fair description.
              If I could figure out how I would change my signature to my new mantra: 'Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why drink diluted poison?'
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Ps love cats but himself won’t let me have one because of the birds :sad:
                Wot birds Rustybum?

Comment

Afternoon all.

Here it is Satz

Half celeriac peeled
                  Half red cabbage, tough core removed
                  2 carrots, peeled
                  2 tsp caster sugar
                  5 tbsp mayonnaise
                  1 tbsp Dijon mustard
                  1 tbsp white wine vinegar

Give the grated vegetables a good squeeze before placing in a large bowl. Mix the mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl, then fold into the grated vegetables until evenly coated. Season to taste.
                  :thanks: I'm assuming we shred the veg Ruaty ?

Now
                  celeriac is not something you see every day - or maybe I just ignore it. Quite an ugly veg and I'd say a terror to try peel ?
                  Like a shaggin turnip ....
                  But I will give it a go 'cos I love celery & anything that resembles it. I think
                  celeriac is the same family ?
                  Last edited by satz123; November 6, 2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                    If I could figure out how I would change my signature to my new mantra: 'Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why drink diluted poison?'
                    Tabbs - go to Settings - top right of the page.
                    Scroll down then to Edit Signature .....

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                      Evening all, not much to report except a busy stressful past few days in work. Not so long ago that would definitely end one way as soon as I was home. Not saying the thought didn't cross my mind but it wasn't really a struggle to say no. So all in all things are looking and my mood is much improved from where I was a few weeks ago, and in reality for such a long time, with my drinking, plain miserable is probably a fair description.
                      Good to hear that Tabbers, you passed a major test with flying colours :welldone:
                      Are you working over the weekend?

Bridge, your having a wonderful time in work too.. any update there yet?
                      [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], your numbers will be heading in the opposite direction before you know it. Yours too JC.. we just have to grin and bare it for the next few weeks. Oh to have shares in Amazon at a time like this.

My brother was taking a video for us on his way home from work in New York this eve, shops boarded up everywhere, its surreal. The election is certainly a distraction over the past few days! mad stuff.

That recipe looks great Rustop, Im falling into the same ol' same ol' category too. Did roast pork today with an apple sauce, but it was lacking (effort on my part probably).

Well done on the 6k Satz, did it help the back? Golf balls are great too.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        Tabbs - go to Settings - top right of the page.
                        Scroll down then to Edit Signature .....
                        Thanks, bit scary I couldn't find that myself. I wasn't allowed use that verbatim as there was a censored word in the sentence, seems strange.

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        Good to hear that Tabbers, you passed a major test with flying colours :welldone:
                        Are you working over the weekend?
                        Thanks Mary, I am kinda working. Big job on and need to make sure the machines are working 24/7 so will need to pop in a few times over the weekend. I don't mind as I live close by and it seldom happens.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning and it was hard to get started so Mr. JC put this on......
                          The Village People - YMCA • TopPop - YouTube
                          Listen to the whole song with out nodding your head, tapping your feet, singing along, or doing the hand motions and there's a prize.
                          Reminds me of evening wedding receptions.

Off to buy ingredients for winter salad and pork burgers.

EDit: I should admit I woke up crying with worry for Jenny & ADs.
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; November 7, 2020, 06:05 AM.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning everyone. Apologies missed this bit when I was posting recipe yesterday. Course grate the vegetables and add 2 tsp of caster sugar and 1 tsp of salt , mix well and put in colender in the sink to drain for at least an hour. A lot of liquid came out of it.

Have to say was a tasty dinner, different from what we usually have. The burgers were just 800g of minced pork. 2 red desert apples cored, not peeled and grated into pork and 2 tsp of paprika. Mix well and make into 6 burgers.

I was on about the wild birds Satz. Himself feeds them and has nesting boxes all around the place. Another beautiful morning here, just back from a walk along the river. Hard not to worry about them JC but fingers crossed that they will be ok.

Comment

Why are you worried Jacks..did I miss something?
                              We've amazing wild birds too Rusters..Joe has always fed them..get amazing rodents occasionally too tho courtesy of seeds etc that get left on ground

In Ventry...legit. LOOONG way from home...do the goggle :egad:
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I haven't a clue..........just woke up pissedoff/anxiety coming out of mr ears/frustration/not sleeping properly. Remember the movie Alien when they're in suspended sleep I might see if Amazon has got one........just wake me up when this is over.

So a good auld bawl cleared the negavtives,...............for today anyway

Anyway off to havest the makings of porl burgers and winter salad.

And our spring bulbs go into today.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X