International Army November 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army November 2020

Got all the ingredients so pork burgers etc for Sunday dinner..........we'r every lucky .0ur shops are still full of food. Our bubble may wil be coming for lunch.

Tesco's wasn't so bad but when we came out they'd had to started one in one out business again.

And what a treat to turn the headlines on. Sighs of relief from the UK.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      We've amazing wild birds too Rusters..Joe has always fed them..get amazing rodents occasionally too tho courtesy of seeds etc that get left on ground
      That's EXACTLY what we got [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] & [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. We had the perfect set up for rats. Seeds dropping, water feature and a grand hole in the wall beside heating to get inside.
      And a nice warm house when they decided to wander in which I swear they did. Heard them in the walls. Bastards.
      Cost a bomb to get rid of them - so no more bird feeding chez Satz.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

And what a treat to turn the headlines on. Sighs of relief from the UK.
        [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - not so sure.
        Biden has warned your fella he has to stop messing with agreements made with EU or he'll stop trade with UK
        Ireland on the other hand has lost the run of itself.
        Biden is 77. His great, great grandfather came from Ireland & he likes us apparently. So what century are we talking about ? FFS !!
        That doesn't stop the residents of Co Mayo milking it. :haha:

Comment

God I'm the harbinger of doom tonight. Rats & politics ............. but a lot in common.
          At least orange-head has gone.

Comment

Evening,
            Spent half the day putting up an enormous trampoline. Which we ordered in March :eek-new:
            Kids are a bit old, but they swear its a brilliant way to exercise. Have to say, after 10 minutes, I was in a heap!

Good news on the orange man range:
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning ladies, it’s my favorite time of the week again, sober Sunday morning. Up in time to see the sunrise this week too is an added bonus, however given the rain that might be a bit of a washout. Heard someone say in some film recently ‘people talk about the beautiful sunset but they are easy to witness, seeing the sunrise takes a little more effort’, that’s true. Off to work after breakfast for an hour or two then back home, I would like to get out and do a few bits in the garden later if I can, it is such a great head space for me. I have always gardened organically and before the ten years I was here this was a field that was in family hands. To the best of my knowledge it has never been sprayed with chemicals for at least 60 years, not sure when the use insecticides and herbicides became common, so maybe never. I do feed the birds and have always encouraged wildlife into the garden in many ways. I have noticed that nature has a way of finding balance, when I saw a area of willow with lots of green fly for instance, I left it alone, a few weeks later the predatory insects had arrived and balance was restored. Too many of these insects and more birds arrive etc., and the cycle goes on. Building a large wildlife pond during my 10 week covid lockdown earlier this year was something I had intended for quite a while but if truth were told I wonder if it would ever have gotten built. Always trying to take some positive from a bad situation is a helpful practice I find.
              Have a nice Sunday folks whatever it brings you, for there won’t be another 8/11/20.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                I do feed the birds and have always encouraged wildlife into the garden in many ways. I have noticed that nature has a way of finding balance, when I saw a area of willow with lots of green fly for instance, I left it alone, a few weeks later the predatory insects had arrived and balance was restored. Too many of these insects and more birds arrive etc., and the cycle goes on.
                I agree Tabbs and so have I liked to leave things alone. But our garden is small and I draw a line at the bigger wildlife invading my space
                Mr S was hoarding the remains of a tree cut into logs & behind a small wooden shed thus the critters (rats) set up shop. Anything else I can tolerate but not rats.
                I'm a city girl and while I love wildlife in the garden - but coming in to the house freaks me out !!!

Comment

Similar with the pond tabs ..we have had frogs herons hedgehogs and mad looking insects we rarely get greenfly etc and we are here 25 years completely organic...do hate the rats tho...touch wood it's very rare and we deal with it in a massive way..hard to avoid tho
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Just waves to the world,
                    Was watching the Remembrence Service from White Hall. Makes me cry every year. My Dad & Uncle managed to get there donkeys years ago.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..............I can live with Joe. I'm one of the 48.1% that voted against leaving the EU. I'll give him a hand.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Living in the country, rats are always there but as long as they stay out of my space we are ok. One of the JR’s dispenses of them if they come too close and next door have a rescue cat that refuses to stay in the house but they feed her and she patrols our garden too.

Not as nice today, had a short walk and now have the feet up. Going to have a lazy day.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        I agree Tabbs and so have I liked to leave things alone. But our garden is small and I draw a line at the bigger wildlife invading my space
                        Mr S was hoarding the remains of a tree cut into logs & behind a small wooden shed thus the critters (rats) set up shop. Anything else I can tolerate but not rats.
                        I'm a city girl and while I love wildlife in the garden - but coming in to the house freaks me out !!!
                        I hear you on the rats, wouldn’t be keen on them and certainly not near the house. Luckily I have only seen 2 in the garden over the years and one of them was dead, the other one was very much alive and was the size of a small cat....and before yin ask, no it wasn’t a small feline.
                        Thankfully the squirrels seem to clear up any overspill from the bird feeders.
                        Plenty of rabbits here too, while very cute they have a certain leaning to eating my vegetables especially the newly planted ones.
                        A few years ago I was outside with the dogs one evening and a family of 3 hedgehogs waddled across the grass in front of us, a lovely moment. I have several log piles around the garden, areas of rough scrub and a small wooded area I would like to think I have hedgehogs using them but recently took part in a survey and set up a wildlife night camera but alas none were recorded: Irish Hedgehog Survey - Biodiversity Ireland
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi friends. I will be out fir a few days. I have surgery at Stanford Oncology on Monday. I’m more concerned with COVID-19, not necessarily with the procedure. Be well and I will update when recovered. Blessings x
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] take care :heart:
                            I'll miss you on the word thread ....

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                              Hi friends. I will be out fir a few days. I have surgery at Stanford Oncology on Monday. I’m more concerned with COVID-19, not necessarily with the procedure. Be well and I will update when recovered. Blessings x
                              All the best with it Techstar! Look forward to hearing how you went.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                                Will be keeping you close to my heart, bonnie lad. Wishing you a speedy recovery. :love:
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X