International Army November 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army November 2020

Its more like a decade shoved into a year. I've been very weepy today. Cried throught the Remrmbrence service.

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION].............makes me think it the powers that be could hike their prices of alcohol which could go directly into aftercare for those with D&A problems. Its not like we wake up onr morning and decide create havoc for the fun and piss poeple off. Any other desease and you couldn't get moved for people trying to help I'm very sorry about your niece.

Please excuse spelling mistakes.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ah [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION], that's a lot on your plate. Your poor niece. Shes very lucky to have you (and your brother).

Totally agree with you [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], the rules are bizarre. I'm going with the approach of wearing a mask everywhere I need to and just using a bit of cop on. Northern Ireland are supposed to be opening up now, with numbers higher then ours, but a fifth of the population!! bonkers.

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
      New series starting on tv tonight, Split. Nicola Walker is in it and love her.
      Love her too Rustop! I saw that trailer, looks really good.

Watching Billions. hooked.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        To keep a good posture - to ease sciatica - bought a 'reading pillow' on Amazon. I thought - small will fit in the chair where I slouch most.....
        Arrived today - shagging HUGE.
        THat looks like a cosy teddy for Rosy. is it getting any better?
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hi folks. My surgery went very well. I will take a few more days to recover. I’m dealing with a catheter and I’m not a fan. I will have labs in about a month or so. After that, I want to post here again stating that I’m cancer free. Thank you so much for the prayers and well wishes.
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
            Hi folks. My surgery went very well. I will take a few more days to recover. I’m dealing with a catheter and I’m not a fan. I will have labs in about a month or so. After that, I want to post here again stating that I’m cancer free. Thank you so much for the prayers and well wishes.
            And we look forward to hearing exactly that.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

That pillow looks great to me Satzy. I'd use it to sit up in bed and read.

Good for you [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] You are still streets ahead of where you were this time last year. One of my business lecturers once said to us 'Never compare yourself against the standards and achievements of others -always compete with yourself. It is much more meaningful'
              So true. We should always focus on growing ourselves and mapping our own progress according to our own situation.

I'm off to check out Billions.
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                And we look forward to hearing exactly that.
                I second that Techie.
                Great that your surgery went so well.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  That pillow looks great to me Satzy. I'd use it to sit up in bed and read.

Good for you @fickle You are still streets ahead of where you were this time last year. One of my business lecturers once said to us 'Never compare yourself against the standards and achievements of others -always compete with yourself. It is much more meaningful'
                  So true. We should always focus on growing ourselves and mapping our own progress according to our own situation.

I'm off to check out Billions.
                  Bridge the pillow is MASSIVE ....... and really heavy - I can barely lift it - a smaller version would be great for us for reading in bed . I may bring it to work tomorrow see if anyone bed-bound would benefit from it.

One of my business lecturers once said to us 'Never compare yourself against the standards and achievements of others -always compete with yourself. It is much more meaningful'
                  I like that @byebyebridgetjones - one to remember. I suppose we'd never be truly happy if we constantly compare ourselves to others.

Let me know about Billions -
                  Reckoning - Netflix - can be a bit naff - but I really got hooked on it.
                  Last edited by satz123; November 12, 2020, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Welcome back [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].
                    I look forward to the day you post that :heart:

Comment

@starty
                      Shout out to STARTY come back & post - we miss you ! Doesn't matter what's going on -- everything has been put in perspective with a ww epidemic. ( that's WorldWide not weightwatchers )
                      Talking of WW - I have a dress I paid a fortune for for DD's wedding that didn't happen in August - and I'm on a mission for it to fit me for July '21. I have the COVID-stone to lose.
                      At the moment the dress fits one of my legs

Yes ... in the midst of what's going on ...... I'm that shallow ........ :egad:

ps anyone who is drinking and won't post because of that - forget it. THAT is why we are here >>>> otherwise we may as well be just on Facebook
                      Last edited by satz123; November 12, 2020, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Great to hear things went well [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] hope you are resting well and the catheter is gone soon.

I hope the virus stays away from you all and there is some kind of vaccine made available soon. I know there has been a breakthrough by pfizer but it sounds like it will be v expensive so probably not likely to be rolled out broadly.

House is topsy turvy with last daughter moving out this weekend. When that is done, I will straighten things up and bring some roses in from the garden to brighten things up.

Good night lovelies :heart:

Comment

Morning.........................yep it would be nice to here how people are getting on..........................way back in the last millennium I used to follow Starty like a shadow,
                          Had a the crappiest nights sleep since Jenny had colic when she wa 6 weeks old. And the sleepy bits were full of bizzare dreams and I woke up crying twice. In hindsight I should put a notebook by the bed and jot some notes down........................who knows I could be the next Stephen King.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............pet, once the end is in sight the weight will drop off or wear a very big hat

I had Jenny sobbing on the phone last night.... she's got a mouthful of ulcers...........so bad she's got a sick note from the docs.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...........you're never far from my thoughts. :hug:

NIghtie night to Fickle and Bridgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :hug:
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Great news Techie -- so glad everything is going well for you - keep us updated on your progress:hug:

Just finished a book I couldn't put down - not a bit like what I normally read but I loved it-- even a bit tearful --

What alternative planet do we live in to Trump's America? Apparently the airlines over there are expecting their busiest time -- ever -- for Thanksgiving... I think that man should be tried for genocide when they eventually prise him out of the White House -- I really do.. Nero fiddled ............ Trump tweeted....... could folk be reading that last one in 2000 years I wonder
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

JC the girl is stressed AF then. Classic sign of it. They are wicked things, mouth ulcers. Horrible.

Almost there [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]

A lovely night walk with the pupper in a beautiful fresh warm night breeze. Very nice feeling. I suddenly felt better tonight for some reason. Things have felt oppressive for a long time now without realising it. For now I still have a job, still working from home, my garden looks lovely after all the hard work through lockdown. Things could be worse.

Night lovely ones.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post

Just finished a book I couldn't put down - not a bit like what I normally read but I loved it-- even a bit tearful --
                                Hey Molls - what's the book ? If it's simple - be right up my street.

Comment

Working...
                                X