Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army November 2020

Originally posted by fickle View Post

House is topsy turvy with last daughter moving out this weekend. When that is done, I will straighten things up and bring some roses in from the garden to brighten things up.

Good night lovelies :heart:
    [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]. Don't be too quick to count your chickens yet - they have a way of bouncing back

e.g. Young Satz just announced he'll be here this eve for a few days to watch the golf with his Dad. FFS !! have to re-think the dinner now.

Comment

Afternoon everyone. Great news Techie, as the others say keep us posted. I agree with Bridget JC, stressed and/or run down. Is it any wonder, is she eating ok? Dosing mine in vegetables and leaving the vitamins out, up to them if they take them or not.

Crazy, crazy time. Have any of you Irish seen the SuperValu Christmas add? Won’t be a dry eye in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
        Watching Billions. hooked.
        What’s that on Mary? Did not find it on Netflix, have watched the Reckoning.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Hey Molls - what's the book ? If it's simple - be right up my street.
          Beartown by Fredrik Backman...and if you love that...follow up is Us against You...easy reading but really good!
          [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]. Don't be too quick to count your chickens yet - they have a way of bouncing back

e.g. Young Satz just announced he'll be here this eve for a few days to watch the golf with his Dad. FFS !! have to re-think the dinner now.
          Yup...too right...can't get rid!
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Kust calling in to say nighty nighty.
            Jenny managed to get into school and the head sent her straight home. I might see if I can find my Great Granny's book of everything and see if there's a see ig there's cure in there,
            Mr JC's in his element with footie on the TV.

See yous in the morning.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              I might see if I can find my Great Granny's book of everything and see if there's a see ig there's cure in there,

Jacks funny you should say 'cure'.
              In rural Ireland it is known for some people to have 'the cure' for different ailments. Some believe - others say it's rubbish.

All I know is : Young Satz at 17 coming up to his exams developed the same as your Jenny.
              Stress the doctor said - but nothing worked and he was lying on the settee very ill.
              Someone said to mr S over a few pints "Seamus has the cure for that"
              Needless to say I was sceptical. I do have an 'airy fairy' side but I couldn't get my head 'round this - but agreed to give it a go.
              YS was literally wasting away and hadn't eaten for 2 weeks.

YS & MrS went to Seamus - not sure what he did - very vague - but blew into his mouth or something.
              They came home & within in 2 hours he wanted a bag of chipper chips.
              I would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself.
              I will always remember it.
              So who knows.
              7th son of a 7th son ?

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                What’s that on Mary? Did not find it on Netflix, have watched the Reckoning.
                Sky Atlantic. I just watched the Supervalu ad...who makes these things up, just perfect.

Just finished baking 3 cakes (2 leaving from work and Mr Ms birthday). Heading into to the office tomorrow to say good bye, in particular to 1 colleague - 19 years along side one of the loveliest men you could ever meet.

Good to hear your home and feeling well [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. Post soon.
                Last edited by IamMary; November 12, 2020, 07:04 PM.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  Kust calling in to say nighty nighty.
                  Jenny managed to get into school and the head sent her straight home. I might see if I can find my Great Granny's book of everything and see if there's a see ig there's cure in there,
                  Mr JC's in his element with footie on the TV.

See yous in the morning.
                  Gargle with a warm water and salt solution as often as she needs to.
                  Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; November 13, 2020, 01:30 AM.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and waves across the pond and to the underoos,

Jenny's doing the gargling with salt and water and when I spoke to her last night she was feeling a lot better, She's only in her second year teaching so she's not jaded ..............yet. I wonder where the book is......................there's also a handy hint of holding a small child over a lit tar barrel and it cures whooping cough.

Excitememnt of the day.....................we're going out. I've got two cushions that need backing ( we found a woman that can)and we're going meander round the shops.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hey JC,

I've always been taught mouth ulcers are a sign of vitaming deficiency
                      8 Common Signs of Vitamin Deficiency, Plus How to Address Them

Comment

Good morning everyone. Much nicer here this morning. Our lab/retriever went off for his snip this morning. He will be feeling very sorry for himself. Going to the pet shop to buy as many chewy things as I can and might pop into Avoca for a few things.

We don’t have sky so I will have to look for something else. We are watching Yellowstone on tv but that’s only on once a week, need something to binge on.

Comment

Morning.
                          Been for walk with Rosie ....
                          Fie pie for Dinner ..

The End

Comment

Morning.
                            Been for walk with Rosie ....
                            Fie pie for Dinner ..

The End
                            What's Fie Pie?
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                              What's Fie Pie?
                              I spent quite a bit of time in London, working on a joint project with BT. I believe Fie Pie means fish pie!? You must remember from Jack and the beanstalk, “Fee-Fish-Fo-Fum. Hope all is well in your world!
                              Last edited by techie; November 13, 2020, 11:21 AM.
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                                I spent quite a bit of time in London, working on a joint project with BT. I believe Fie Pie means fish pie!? You must remember from Jack and the beanstalk, “Fee-Fish-Fo-Fum. Hope all is well in your world!
                                :harhar:
                                yep Fish Pie - and it was yummy. Not 100% sure it was worth all the work.

ps Techster - It is London, England, UK
                                I am in Dublin, Ireland ( Republic of )......

Here endeth the geography lesson for today ...
                                Last edited by satz123; November 13, 2020, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X