Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army November 2020

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
    I think there might be a better opportunity out there for me if I am brave enough to go after it. Look at Mr Starts.
    Bridgeeeeee - I KNOW there is a better / different opportunity for you.
    Big knickers on & GO FOR IT !!!! :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Morning and waves,
      [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..................I have my lawyer putting the final tweaks in the letter to my head of my Doc's surgery with a copy being sent to the big people. With a proviso, we want to hear something within two weeks.

And welcome home Starty. Odd how we seem to have coped I've got himself in the back bedroom And every single day I forget at leats 10 times.

You might have read seen my beautiful Bess died. She's been gone just over a month and it still hurts I've given up looking at Budgies and started looking bearded dragons.
      Apparently, they're easy to house train and like cuddles.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............MIck's pretty spot on at posting photos. Stirls is another one I can think of.

Off to get my flu jab..................hopefully before he reads the latter.
      oh good stuff (the letter) -- might put a bomb under them -- funnily enough - over here we've had health scandals over the years - the most recent one was the cervical smear disgrace - which will hit our government in the only place it hurts apparently - in their pockets... so at the moment people with other ailments besides Covid are being encouraged to show up at A&E and to the GP's -- and it would appear that they are being dealt with somewhat more promptly than would have been the case in the past.. we'll see how long that lasts!

I got the flu jab a couple of weeks ago - no effects whatsoever - not even a sore arm!

Went for a short spin today and a lovely walk by the sea - got a big shop in so loads of grub -- and hopefully beginning to see the end of the lockdown.. our figures aren't going down as fast as they did in the lockdown in March - we still have about 400 cases a day which for our wee country is quite a lot - (think UK is 12-13 times bigger population so do the math on that Jacks) -- the fear now may be that the lockdown won't be lifted for Christmas -- and I know -- I know -- it would save people's lives - but I think everyone is worn out with this - it's very poxy depressing
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        JAcks t'wasn't me wanted to know - 'cos I knows.
        [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]
        Go to Quick Reply
        In the toolbar above you'll see icons - hold the curser over each & pick the insert image.
        Then either load from computer or copy & paste the image address into the URL box.
        IS it as simple as that? used to be an absolute MARE --- photobox or some such shite -- never ever bothered -- lets see can I do it this time

Comment

SA_PROFILE_CACHE.gif

Comment

WELL WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT????!!!! JAYSUS --- I'll be sending pitchers all over the gaff:victorious:

Comment

Morning and waves,
              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..................
              You might have read seen my beautiful Bess died. She's been gone just over a month and it still hurts I've given up looking at Budgies and started looking bearded dragons.
              Apparently, they're easy to house train and like cuddles.

[er.
              I am so sorry to hear that JC. They are such a fundamental part of our lives and when its time to go the hole they leave is just unspeakable. I am a firm believer in finding a creature whatever it is to love again though. For me, that is the only way to heal and find solace.

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] Here is a poem my Aunt sent me when my dog, Rusty was killed by a car. Needless to say, my family was crushed and the pain still resurfaces when a memory arises. This happened in 1998!

Even though I`m gone, I`ll never forget the way you looked when we first met.
                Your hand reached out and stroked my coat, our eyes glistened, fixed in a stare.
                I knew from this moment how life would be, you were my companion and yours was me.
                These memories are always in my head; long walks, the games, my cozy bed,
                Gentle words spoken, never a yell, someone to listen, a secret to tell.
                But, each year of mine was equal to seven.
                I`ll be watching you now, from up here in heaven,
                When rain drops fall, it`s my tears I cry,
                Remembering your love from my bed in the sky.
                Whispering winds carry my promise to you,
                For being my friend I will forever…. Thank You.
                Last edited by techie; November 18, 2020, 12:03 PM.
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                  WELL WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT????!!!! JAYSUS --- I'll be sending pitchers all over the gaff:victorious:
                  :harhar:
                  Last edited by satz123; November 18, 2020, 12:35 PM.

Comment

BA76BB50-3549-44D1-AB17-B4368519B60B.jpg

Comment

Good lord Satz, look what you have unleashed :welldone:

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                        [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] Here is a poem my Aunt sent me when my dog, Rusty was killed by a car. Needless to say, my family was crushed and the pain still resurfaces when a memory arises. This happened in 1998!

Even though I`m gone, I`ll never forget the way you looked when we first met.
                        Your hand reached out and stroked my coat, our eyes glistened, fixed in a stare.
                        I knew from this moment how life would be, you were my companion and yours was me.
                        These memories are always in my head; long walks, the games, my cozy bed,
                        Gentle words spoken, never a yell, someone to listen, a secret to tell.
                        But, each year of mine was equal to seven.
                        I`ll be watching you now, from up here in heaven,
                        When rain drops fall, it`s my tears I cry,
                        Remembering your love from my bed in the sky.
                        Whispering winds carry my promise to you,
                        For being my friend I will forever…. Thank You.
                        Aaah Techmister,thankyou. :heartbeat: I would have been here sooner but mopping up the sobbing from Mt JC and me took while.
                        Last edited by JackieClaire; November 18, 2020, 01:26 PM.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5485[/ATTACH]
                          as that what you had for your tea-break today.

You'da have loved the queue for the flu jab. If that's the best we can come up with we'll be wearing masks til the next millennium.
                          Standing outside in the bitter cold waiting for my 4:31 pm (don't ask the woman in front of me was 4:33pm_ appointment we nearly came to blows. We were the only two stood outside inside there must have been 20 -. Funny how when we got in there must been 20 and must enter by the windows.. Then you get a masked nurse takes your temp with one of them gun type things and woosh quick jab and out.........the back door and I coudn't find Mr JC's car so had to ring Mr. JC to show me where he was. So he's half in and out the car using his phone as a blinking torch Surptosed tised we didn't take other people home.
                          And in all the fuss I forgot to leave the 'I think you're a crapp doctor letter' in the car.
                          Think I'll add a few more sentences tomorrow.And I promise not to drop too many F-bombs in there.
                          And I just eaten a whole box of maltersers and now feel siick,

I shall be doing SFA tomorrow.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]5486[/ATTACH]
                            Love that Rustop :happy2:

And I would also love a malterser now, or 10.

Wind is picking up here tonight. We are still waiting for a guy to come out and take our tree down..
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

as that what you had for your tea-break today.

You'da have loved the queue for the flu jab. If that's the best we can come up with we'll be wearing masks til the next millennium.
                              Standing outside in the bitter cold waiting for my 4:31 pm (don't ask the woman in front of me was 4:33pm_ appointment we nearly came to blows. We were the only two stood outside inside there must have been 20 -. Funny how when we got in there must been 20 and must enter by the windows.. Then you get a masked nurse takes your temp with one of them gun type things and woosh quick jab and out.........the back door and I coudn't find Mr JC's car so had to ring Mr. JC to show me where he was. So he's half in and out the car using his phone as a blinking torch Surptosed tised we didn't take other people home.
                              And in all the fuss I forgot to leave the 'I think you're a crapp doctor letter' in the car.
                              Think I'll add a few more sentences tomorrow.And I promise not to drop too many F-bombs in there.
                              And I just eaten a whole box of maltersers and now feel siick,

I shall be doing SFA tomorrow.
                              What a palaver jacks...we don't often get things right over here but made an appointment in pharmacy down the road for next day 11am ...10.59 into little room with person..both masked...11.05 heading home after getting free flu jab (apparently they'll find any excuse to give it to you free...I'm a 'carer' cos Joe's over 65!)...no queues..no nonsense...now if only the Covid one could be that simple?????

Mary...don't know how to say this but should the tree not be going up this time of year not down?.....just saying:victorious:

Comment

Mary...don't know how to say this but should the tree not be going up this time of year not down?.....just saying:victorious:
                                Ha ha Molly, that brought a smile ��. Think the decorations will go up early for everyone this year, we need a bit of cheering up. Have not turned the outside lights on yet but won’t be long. Keeping everything crossed for you JC, you really need to get it sorted.

Off to look at bedroom carpet, back in a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X