International Army November 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army November 2020

That's brilliant Techster...you deserve good news!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

First things first [MENTION=3572]tec[/MENTION]hii............................keeping everything crossed for you. sweetheart.

Second decision we'll looking got a new dog about February,

And least but not last Jenny & Ads have named the day.........................its a bit way off 25th August 2022. There's not been a lot of venues available because of cancelations being carried through 2021. So that's near two years if me banging on about hat
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Lovely wedding date :heartbeat: [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!! ages away, but so what.

Will be crossing all the fingers and toes for you [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], it does sound very positive though.

Have you Christmas rules already JC & Starts? We havnt heard anything on that front yet, level 5 until Dec 1st. Then the shops should open back again for a few weeks.

Wonder how [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] is getting on this week..
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning lovelies.
          I've been flap strap for days and still way behind at work. Not a good time to under-perform. It's amazing how some of my colleagues have checked in and been so sweet and supportive, while others just continue to demand unreasonable things. Utterly clueless.

Rusters, your boy is adorable. I grew up with a lab and have always had retrievers as an adult. God I love dogs.

JC I'm glad you got past the bearded dragon stage of grief. I think you really want a pupper, don't you?

This is madam. The round thing is just her tag. Reading back!

20200709_211817.jpg
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Happy sober Sunday morning folks.

Startypants how lovely to see you posting. Techie, fingers and toes crossed. Bridgeypoos that picture of madam would melt the coldest heart what a beaut. JC nice to have a date to look forward to, both the after Chimbo one and 8/22. Rusty, a quiet Chrimbo suits me too.
            Sorry for lack of comments but I need to read back a week+ of posts but that’s what happens when you try and limit your time in front of computer I suppose.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi guys.

Tabbers great to see you too! How are you doing?

Bridgee your pupper looks just like my boy :heartbeat: They are just the best at looking after us during these times arent they?

All is crossed Techie, I am delighted to hear the prospects sound excellent for you. It will be a relief to have it confirmed Im sure.

Lovely 5 mile stroll this morning at sunrise. Perfect start to my day. Hope all have a good one

Comment

Morning,
                All shops will open again on the 2nd December. But most shops have got round that by selling food.......................so I can nip up to the greengrocers buy a few a onions and a suit.
                With having big shops like Tesco, Sainsbury etc (none of us can afford Waitrose) they have managed to get around the rules. Thiey can sell TVs, laptops and clothes................We've also got click and collect. What hacks me off mightily that Pa & Ma in their 90s get confused using their computer so they tell my SIL what they need. If anyone needs frozen peas we have a tons.

Oh we're not allowed to buy shoes from shoe shops.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

@ byebyebridgetjones......................I still want the bearded dragon too. :happy2:
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones;1789283

[ATTACH=CONFIG
                    5489[/ATTACH]
                    Good morning everyone. She’s a beauty Bridget. Fabulous morning here so getting ready to go on a walk. Will start walking himself again tomorrow on lead. Think they neuter large male dogs later than females Satz. Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Comment

Afternoon all...
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                        Morning lovelies.
                        I've been flap strap for days and still way behind at work. Not a good time to under-perform. It's amazing how some of my colleagues have checked in and been so sweet and supportive, while others just continue to demand unreasonable things. Utterly clueless.

Rusters, your boy is adorable. I grew up with a lab and have always had retrievers as an adult. God I love dogs.

JC I'm glad you got past the bearded dragon stage of grief. I think you really want a pupper, don't you?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5489[/ATTACH]
                        Such a cute doggie, Bridge!
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          Hi guys.

Tabbers great to see you too! How are you doing?
                          Thanks Starty, I honestly couldn’t be better boozeless wise. I am only about 6 weeks in this time around but far too old a hand at this to get in anyway complacent.
                          However I am actually looking forward to a Crimbo free from the demon drink, instead of stressing about it, strange as that may seem, but staying sober really holds no fear for me. I have done it before and I know it’s really is no big deal to survive the Christmas alcohol onslaught despite what I think when drinking daily and listening to what the demon whispers in my ear. I am beginning to realize I give Al far too much importance and hence power over us in our own heads. For me getting this right is all in the mindset and how we perceive what we pour down our throats.
                          Nite all.
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

[MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION]...a little smack on back of hand. Just remember when you couldn't go six hours without a drink and here you are six weeks in. Think that deserves a round of applause.
                            Fabtatstic. Have one of these :heartbeat:
                            Would say more but I've just dyed my haircut 💇 if I don't wash it off toot sweet l'l go orange.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all
                              Just finished weekend at work. Had to deal with a 'pain in the hole' / 'I'm so important' interfering nurse.
                              Can't wind down...

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                              I am beginning to realize I give Al far too much importance and hence power over us in our own heads. For me getting this right is all in the mindset and how we perceive what we pour down our throats.
                              Nite all.
                              I agree Tabbs. The Irish as a nation have a warped relationship with alcohol.
                              I began thinking about this while in Greece where there are vending machines that include cans of beer. :egad:
                              I tried to imagine that in Dublin. I couldn't.
                              I believe it is ,as you say Tabbs, how we perceive it from early on as kids & young adults. Way too much significance is given the drinking of alcohol so it becomes something more than just a drink.
                              From the start the insidiousness is there:
                              It is illegal to 'take a drink' before a certain age. Illegal = exciting challenge to adolescents.
                              Being able to 'hold your drink' is the sign of a man - not sure what it means if you are a woman.
                              Having the craic = drinking alcohol from cradle to grave ; wet the baby's head ; christening ; communions : confirmations ; 21st birthday ; weddings; funerals - alcohol is always there.

Those of us who fell by the wayside and couldn't drink 'properly' are labelled as alcoholics and sent to AA or rehab.
                              We are treated as failures because we couldn't conform and just be 'normal' drinkers...... FFS ! Warped !

Apologies - feeling very thoughtful tonight.

Night.

Comment

X-Post JAcks

Comment

Working...
                                X