X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army November 2020

Evening ....
    GREAT NEWS folks
    HSE have a shipment of 350k vaccines arriving in Dublin on Friday. My Garda friend was in today & he told me cos he's on security duty. :hyper:
    It's ready for distribution mid- December.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Ahhh but I LOVE snow Rusters...really love it...
      ME TOO :hyper:
      Last edited by satz123; November 29, 2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Evening, great to hear from you [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].

Nothing to report here, weekend was way too short. Under pressure to decorate the house, so next weekend it is, the earliest we ever started Christmas :star:
        Feeling the shopping pressure :hopelessness:
        But not having any social/drinking pressure, cancels that out.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Tis Monday again already! Good Lord!
          Nice to see you Brit. I was just thinking about you!
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning/afternoon Army and happy Monday to all!!

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - great to see you Mrs. A. Hope you are taking care of yourself as well as Mr. A. Just to clarify - I am not against any vaccine, it is simply that I am very leery of one that has not been tested as long as most vaccines are. But for people who are in the more vulnerable health groups, it well may be a godsend if it is indeed effective and has no adverse side effects.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - Hope you are feeling better today.

The lock-down was supposed to have been over today but has been extended for another week. The stores and schools will open again next Monday so no doubt by Christmas our new cases and deaths will have risen again. I imagine we will be in a new lock-down by the first week of January.

Quiet weekend with Netflix and painting so well rested to start the working week. I did manage to get my Christmas cards written and mailed - earliest ever. Tree will go up next weekend.

Rainy day again in Stirly-World. We hadn't had a drop for over a month so it is welcome.

Hope you all have the best day you can make it!! :spin:
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Going to try a good morning. Is it me or has everything gone newish?
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                Evening ....
                GREAT NEWS folks
                HSE have a shipment of 350k vaccines arriving in Dublin on Friday. My Garda friend was in today & he told me cos he's on security duty. :hyper:
                It's ready for distribution mid- December.
                Such good news! Presumably doctors nurses and hospital workers generally and care homes will be first...and rightly so...just great its starting..my 'position' is that both joe and i are in our 60's and if we get the virus we MAY die....if the vaccine isnt perfect we may experience side-effects...ill take my chances but im quite sure no one will make anyone...for instance under 40's probably won't get sick..but anyone over 40 could...and Long Corona is not even factored in...a real issue
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I've got COPT and rut and get mine. I wear posh pants.

Oh and a quick warning........................My is feckrd.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

What's fecked?
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                      What's fecked?
                      I have no idea

Answers on a post card will win a large price.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I do have an appointment to get started getting on my cataract on Wednesday day
                        Last edited by JackieClaire; November 30, 2020, 11:45 AM.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening everyone. Oh that is good news JC, delighted for you. Good to see you checking in Brit, hope you are looking after yourself and glad that you have support.

Like snow but living where we do there is a high probability of being snowed in and when you have to get out to work it is a pain as they are very slow to clear the back roads.

Just in from work so need to get some food. Great news about the vaccine Satz.

Comment

Evening all.
                            Has taken 24 hours to come 'round after the weekend.
                            [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] great news on appointment to get started on your cataract 'journey' .... (Molly's favourite word) :haha:
                            Are you ok otherwise?

Comment

Evening ladies, I personally can’t wait for the vaccine to become readily available.
                              I do wonder if and when the various vaccines rid us of this threat, as close to 100% as they can, how many people will stop and take the chance to really look back and try to actually find some good in what has been an horrific situation for so many. Have the ability to see and embrace the good changes that it has brought to human behavior, the chance given to reassess what is important to us in life, the ability to see clearly how material wealth can become worthless overnight and the chance to see we are all here for but a short time. Live life and love. Keep safe.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Great post
                                I certainly hope so Tabbers.
                                I hope all this talk of 'all they want is to hug loved ones' is in fact true.

ability to see clearly how material wealth can become worthless overnight and the chance to see we are all here for but a short time.
                                It has been a great leveller ...... but I fear shops opening tomorrow will be the catalyst for many to go head long back into the madness of a normal Christmas.(yuk)
                                Last edited by satz123; December 1, 2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X