Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army November 2020

Evening,
    I know, it has stopped us all in our gallop, and theres been lots of positives, well for us, with kids, not having to commute, slowing everything right down. I have no interest going back to work again. My folks adopted but my inlaws have become quite fragile and I do worry about them when we come out the other side.

Eldest son not really missing his mammy :sad: A week of no meat might have him running back to us!
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning...flying out to work....normal life resumes......for now!!! Laters xxx
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning .........................from the woman that makes words up.

Tomorrow's litte trip to the doc is to see how my mental health is. Then the doc send me off to the doc that does the deed.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
          Evening ladies, I personally can’t wait for the vaccine to become readily available.
          I do wonder if and when the various vaccines rid us of this threat, as close to 100% as they can, how many people will stop and take the chance to really look back and try to actually find some good in what has been an horrific situation for so many. Have the ability to see and embrace the good changes that it has brought to human behavior, the chance given to reassess what is important to us in life, the ability to see clearly how material wealth can become worthless overnight and the chance to see we are all here for but a short time. Live life and love. Keep safe.
          Good morning Army!!

Great post, Tabbers. I think that in general, we see our lives as infinite - we take our existence for granted. If nothing else, Covid has shown us that, as you say, our time is limited. We need to rethink what has priority in our lives, we need to put emphasis on the human factor, become more aware of others around us and of what we can do to live the best life we can while we are still on this earth. As you said, live life and love. Thank you for reminding us of that.

Satzy - it would do my heart good to see the commercial part of Christmas canned this year. How wonderful if, instead of buying a zillion presents for our family and friends, if those things - clothing, etc., were donated to good causes - given to families in need, or the money given to help groups such as volunteer animal shelters, that kind of thing. But I fear you may be right - there will be a zillion people milling about the stores trying to buy presents just because they think they have to. Not that giving is not a good part of Christmas - it is. But perhaps we should think about giving to those who are truly in need. Okay, sermon over - back to regular scheduled programming.

Wishing you all an uneventful month or at least if something eventful happens - it is something positive! 2021 is just around the corner.....

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning to the top side.

Nothing like a bit of a grease and oil change there JC. We could probably all do with tightening our screws after the year that's been. Is it a lady or a man your're seeing to do the deed?

My new favourite work plan is to stare out the window, then go and make coffee. My favourite team member and I sent each other a photo of the window we were each staring out of, over Webex. Then we had a Zoom call and stared at each other. Then we made a coffee, pretended to have a meeting, realised nobody could see us so we didn't have to pretend, made some pretend outcomes and plans for another pretend meeting in a couple of days to follow up.

My mate just took Early Retirement from the same place, so she came around and laughed at me.

Good times. I'll try and be more inspiring tomorrow
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
              Morning to the top side.

Nothing like a bit of a grease and oil change there JC. We could probably all do with tightening our screws after the year that's been. Is it a lady or a man your're seeing to do the deed?

My new favourite work plan is to stare out the window, then go and make coffee. My favourite team member and I sent each other a photo of the window we were each staring out of, over Webex. Then we had a Zoom call and stared at each other. Then we made a coffee, pretended to have a meeting, realised nobody could see us so we didn't have to pretend, made some pretend outcomes and plans for another pretend meeting in a couple of days to follow up.

My mate just took Early Retirement from the same place, so she came around and laughed at me.

Good times. I'll try and be more inspiring tomorrow
              You don’t have to Bridget, your humor brightens our day and produces a smile and that is pure gold in the current climate.

Like Molly I am glad to have work to go to for some normality. Wonderful post Tabs and some may have learned from this but others will be thronging the shops and making it as commercial as possible. Such is life and like the drinking we can only be responsible for ourselves. Getting the eyebrows done this evening and hair in two weeks, it’s the simple things that now make me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                You don’t have to Bridget, your humor brightens our day and produces a smile and that is pure gold in the current climate
                [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]
                Wot Rusters says there with knobs on .....

Comment

Working...
                X