New Year New Start Army January 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Year New Start Army January 2021

weekend excitement - well annoyance. My spotify account was hacked. Loads of weird log-ons last night then i could see someone on the account playing this weird german punk music. I kept logging them off and changing my password, but they kept coming back like the terminator.
    Changed my password again this morning, incognito. So sign of him/her today :smilet-digitalpoint
    Last edited by IamMary; January 23, 2021, 07:36 PM.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening folks, snowing here. Late night for me these days, usually in bed by 10 but was up watching a film.
      Molly dear, ditto to what the ladies said.
      Mary, just imagine if could you hack them back and play Daniel ODonnell on a loop for the German punks, that would do the trick.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
        Mary, just imagine if could you hack them back and play Daniel ODonnell on a loop for the German punks, that would do the trick.
        Ha ha Tabs, that would do the trick alright. Woke up to a white one here too and it’s snowing again. Fire in the stove, only one up and binging on This is us, bliss. Never get tired of unhung Sunday mornings. You are lucky to live near the beach Mary, it’s outside my 5km but have the woods.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

Comment

Waves..........stayed up far too late watching Pawn Sacrifice ...........the one about Bobby Fischer and chess and just couldn't get to sleep. I can't even play chess.
          I feel like a zombie.
          Now I'd better ring our Jenny haven't spoken for days.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Haha, that might have done the trick tabbers. Sorted now. I hope.

Same scene here, white everywhere, no hangover. :love_heart:
            As the crow flies, we just about make it Rustop. love the woods, Id be happy out there too.

Hope your in the leaba early tonight JC!

Night all...

Comment

Morning,
              We've had no snow just harsh frost but even if we did got nowhere to go.
              Haven't watched the end of the film I may just keep it as a 'treat' and although I was like a zombie I still didn't get to sleep until about 4am.

Shout out to Stirly...........haven't seen you for what feels like months and waves to the rest of yis. :heartbeat:
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Morning,
                We've had no snow just harsh frost but even if we did got nowhere to go.
                Haven't watched the end of the film I may just keep it as a 'treat' and although I was like a zombie I still didn't get to sleep until about 4am.

Shout out to Stirly...........haven't seen you for what feels like months and waves to the rest of yis. :heartbeat:
                Right back at ya. Afternoon everyone else, very quiet in the barracks this week. Lots on nursing duty, hope the patients are improving.

Freezing here but got my walk in before work. On the plus side I have only one walk left on a work day in January and then I’ll be on the count down to walking in day light again.

Eating too much and no Bridget, have not been near ww in 6 months.

Comment

Evening all...sorry still MIA ..Just getting from day to day!..think you're all great running and walking etc...most I get is half hour walking in circles..trying to train the mutt for when Joe gets home..losing the battle tbh..but eventually!
                  Sleep tight all
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi, Molly

I hope your husband recovers quickly. Mine had a heart attack and 3x bypass 15 years ago. It is so confusing and scary when you're going through it but I found the cardiac medical staff to be absolutely amazing. I hope you're finding that, too.

I've been following a positive-reinforcement oriented dog trainer on you-tube. We sadly had to give up our 1 y old rescue dog and are now waiting for a golden retriever puppy to be 8 weeks old and I've decided that if I have to do the puppy thing again :eek-new:, this one is going to be well-trained. Anyway, here is a link to Zak's ideas about leash training: NEW PUPPY SURVIVAL GUIDE: How To Leash Train Your Puppy! (EP: 9) - YouTube

I hope all of you with medical struggles right now are ok and that 2021 is a brighter year for everyone. Take care, NS

PS Thank you for all of your interest and concern for all of us in the U.S. with the upheaval we have being going through. At least now there seems to be some hope and a chance to make this a more equitable place.

Comment

Its been fascinating [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], the good and the bad. The globe has been fascinating I suppose, wish it hurry up and be boring now.

Molly, at least the dog is a bit of a distraction. When do you think Joe might get out? I can imagine its head wrecking that you cant get into him.

Rustop - lucky you, 1 January day left. Hows your friend? symptom free?
                      Its run through the family of my buddy in work. Nothing to report until this weekend and he seems to be really struggling now. Hes super fit and healthy, mid 50s. Of course his kids are all recovered now and back to normal..

Went for a walk with MrM at lunch. Very icy, nearly went on my arse a few times. Ended up hanging onto him - Im sure we looked very romantic.

Comment

Thanks NS...watched that about leash training..just struck me how placid that wee dog was...my yoke is like a ten ton truck hurtling along...don't think he'd pick up on the subtleties but I'll give it a go anyway!

Morning all
                        Last edited by mollyka; January 26, 2021, 04:28 AM.
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning,
                          There you are our, Molls. :hug:
                          Had a look at the website the bulldog we applied for has gone.........its not snoring on our carpet so obviously gone to another adopter.
                          Mr JC in work. The real place, not the back bedroom. House feels weird. Its only today then back to what is the new norm.
                          I've got the optician to see tomorrow how my new left cataract has settled then its on to the right eye.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Night everyone.
                            Ah that’s a shame JC but yours is out there. Such a change in the weather, went out with himself and snow gone and much milder. Glad you didn’t slip yesterday Mary.

Thanks for the link NoSugar, past that stage but will have a look anyway. Good luck with the training Molly. I still go around with a bag of meat treats in my pocket. I use a whistle to recall him and he comes flying back. Used to walk him up and down the road during the first lock down, practicing walking to heel.

Working week over. My friend had a second negative test but her other daughter was positive and she is in the house with them. Won’t be able to walk with her for a while. Our latest update is that current lockdown will continue until 5 March.

Comment

Evening folks, just checking in. I have been thinking to myself today how sobriety has become my new norm, without my even realizing it it has crossed over somewhere along the line during my recent steady and quiet clocking up of the days into weeks and now months. Time since I picked up a drink is starting to become irrelevant as it isn’t how much time I have spent sober anymore, it’s just my life now and I am happy with this. Thinking back to my last long quit of over a year I know my mindset never changed as it has now. Seeing AL for what it truly is as opposed to what we subconsciously, and society in general regard it as, is what was always the missing link for me. I just didn’t know it. To be continued.....
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                                Evening folks, just checking in. I have been thinking to myself today how sobriety has become my new norm, without my even realizing it it has crossed over somewhere along the line during my recent steady and quiet clocking up of the days into weeks and now months. Time since I picked up a drink is starting to become irrelevant as it isn’t how much time I have spent sober anymore, it’s just my life now and I am happy with this. Thinking back to my last long quit of over a year I know my mindset never changed as it has now. Seeing AL for what it truly is as opposed to what we subconsciously, and society in general regard it as, is what was always the missing link for me. I just didn’t know it. To be continued.....
                                Do you think lockdown has helped Tabbers? On the one hand, there are no social pressures, I always found that hard. On the other hand, depending on circumstances, it could 'drive you to drink'. Anyway, you are in a good place and I dont think you're going anywhere.

Your friend is right to be cautious [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. My buddy in work is on day 12 now (bad weekend), but his son brought in after a New years party. He was the last to get it in the house.

Good luck tomorrow [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]! pity about the dog. Get those eyes sorted and you can plon it all out then..

Comment

Working...
                                X