Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Year New Start Army January 2021

Greeting all.
    I had a quick skim and saw mention of a british Bulldog up there. How exciting JC.
    WIll be off to do a shop then back to have a proper read back. Hope Joe is OK!

In the middle of a negotiation regarding return to work....let's just call it that...
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning everyone. Good luck with the negotiations Bridget. How are the patients this morning? Thinking of all of you going through so much. Our numbers are coming down and they have started the vaccine so all we can do is keep plodding along until things improve. In some ways lockdown is making things easier, no social pressure and that suits the introverts.

The dogs have more excitement than me. Lots of deer about this morning. Himself had a few great runs uphill. I keep recalling him and put on lead if I have to. All tired now and flaked out. Just as well as the other male in the house is working in dining room and on conference call.

Comment

Waves to the world,
        Been at the optician for post-left cataract check up.........perfect. I'm still with the lesser one in my right eye which is not as bad as the left was it needs to be done. I've got a telephone check with my surgeon on 9th Feb and will ask ever so politely if he could do my right one as soon as he can. We've got a bit of money put by so if the surgeon can't do it NHS we can pay privately.

Its hard to believe that just elevenish years ago we were so in debt we nearly went bankrupt through my reckless spending when I was an active drinker and not working and would buy all sorts on-line that we have come out the other side.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........fingers crossed here too.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........you are his world now. He'll get better.
        Last edited by JackieClaire; January 27, 2021, 08:45 AM.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
          Do you think lockdown has helped Tabbers? On the one hand, there are no social pressures, I always found that hard. On the other hand, depending on circumstances, it could 'drive you to drink'. Anyway, you are in a good place and I dont think you're going anywhere.
          Hi Mary, lockdown was a free pass for me to drink earlier everyday. No work to go to meant I could look like s**t and smell like a brewery with only long suffering DW to see. Even when I returned to work after almost 3 months off there was always the masks and the social distancing to aid in my trying to hide the booze so the daily drinking continued as soon as I was in the door from work.
          However lockdown hastened up the end for me, the pains in my kidneys and right side, liver I presume, the constantly feeling like death warmed up and I could put it off no longer. DW and I spent long painfully honest hours talking through what she saw as my slow suicide, and I suppose it is hard to argue that point, and I came to the conclusion that I have just one single quit left in me, so here I am.
          So in answer to your question, yes in a bizarre way it did help as it brought it to a final head and being in each other’s company 24/7 there was no hiding place for my lies and deceit. But that was then and this is now. As we celebrate over 3 decades of marriage this week we are both in a good place I feel. I cherish my newly found sobriety like a drowning man would a life jacket, and I suppose that’s as good analogy as any.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Congratulations on your anniversary [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION], it really is a new chapter for you. Are you doing any nice :headscratch: a walk, a dinner, game of monopoly!
            I get that in lockdown, away from the world, but nowhere to hide from our nearest and dearest. We would all have been more miserable than ever.

We went for a rain walk tonight.

Hope Joe doing well Molly.
            Last edited by IamMary; January 27, 2021, 06:57 PM.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
              . Himself had a few great runs uphill. I keep recalling him and put on lead if I have to. All tired now and flaked out. Just as well as the other male in the house is working in dining room and on conference call.
              I could NOT work out who you were talking about then. Was convinced it was your husband.
              Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; January 28, 2021, 06:39 AM.
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

That is so lovely to read, Tabbers, and so close to how I was feeling in the end as well. I've had some very vague and weak thoughts about drinking lately but I always come back to the same thing - you never remember the miserable things about drinking, until you do.

Good to see the eyeballs are Tickety - boo JC and ready for another round of the kitchen. Remember the thread where we were all comparing our worst drunk purchases? Ebay, Gumtree and numerous other potential disasters? I think Tawny was the one who ordered one thousand foldable noodle boxes for reasons that she could not fathom, drunk or sober.

I love the sound of that rain walk Mers!
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning waves,
                  Just a quicky. I'm tired, so very,very tired. Not sleeping very well.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all. Sorry to hear that you are not getting a good sleep JC, hard to function without it. You sound great Tabs, am sure you are an inspiration to anyone who is struggling and just reading. You never gave up and it now sounds like you have finally made it. I know none of us can afford to become complacent and that is the reason I check in here every day even when I do not have a lot to say.

Just in from the grocery shopping and now have the happy job of putting it away. Sorry for the confusion Bridget, hubby does do hill running too but I don’t keep him on lead,lol only the lab/retriever. Police car was parked in the woods car park this morning, no sign of them, maybe they were taking a stroll too.

Comment

I can imagine them with their 5k measuring take, hiding in a bush [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] :haha:

Hope your fast asleep [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Hard to think straight without sleep.

How did negotiations in work go Bridge? You still working from home?

Spend the day doing feedback reviews and end of year shite.. Its all such a load of rubbish and a waste of time
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hello Army. Nothing of import here but wanted you to know I’m thinking of you all.
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sorry for the confusion Bridget, hubby does do hill running too but I don’t keep him on lead,lol only the lab/retriever. Police car was parked in the woods car park this morning, no sign of them, maybe they were taking a stroll too.
                          Maybe you should. Especially with the coppers frollicking through the woods doing Lord knows what in their lunch hour. It's not one of those hook up type places, is it? Lol

JC, could you nap on the lounge today? Binge something nice? A lot of folk seem to be enjoying Bridgerton, though haven't seen it myself yet. Also don't want you to expend hours of your life that you'll never get back.

Mers, they are still getting back to me with the application for exemption which I will no doubt need to produce in triplicate, wear an ankle bracelet and submit DNA in case of abscondment. I wonder if there will be a bond?

I don't think it's going to be relevant for too much longer. Today I received an email with about 200 people copied in, demanding that I issue a strongly worded missive to an entire building, after an 'apparent' dog poo was found in one of the office spaces. An image was attached. An image, people. There were multiple rejoinders regarding public health issues, the possible size and breed of the offending canine, local room use guidelines et al.
                          I am frequently asked to intervene upon noisy children (in a research space for ....erm...children) and the presence of urine on toilet seats. But this time something just went 'ping' in my head.
                          I think I'm going to lay on the lounge and think about where my life is going. Back (much) later.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                            Mers, they are still getting back to me with the application for exemption which I will no doubt need to produce in triplicate, wear an ankle bracelet and submit DNA in case of abscondment. I wonder if there will be a bond?

I don't think it's going to be relevant for too much longer. Today I received an email with about 200 people copied in, demanding that I issue a strongly worded missive to an entire building, after an 'apparent' dog poo was found in one of the office spaces. An image was attached. An image, people. There were multiple rejoinders regarding public health issues, the possible size and breed of the offending canine, local room use guidelines et al.
                            I am frequently asked to intervene upon noisy children (in a research space for ....erm...children) and the presence of urine on toilet seats. But this time something just went 'ping' in my head.
                            I think I'm going to lay on the lounge and think about where my life is going. Back (much) later.
                            :haha: seriously Bridge? Is that task in connection with your role? I remember we had a phantom pooer in my office who would dump on the floor but it was not believed to be a canine :haha: Similar emails were sent around sans pic though.

Mary, yes agree, feedback and reviews are the devils work and totally pointless in my experience.

I am delighted January is coming to the end. It has been a long dull month and it needs to do one.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                              :
                              I am delighted January is coming to the end. It has been a long dull month and it needs to do one.
                              And so say all of us. Good to see you Starty, how are the doggies? It’s a long dark month at the best of times but this year it seems never ending. Think I would crack up if it were not for my long walks in the woods. Have been lacking in motivation regarding my crochet but saw a blanket I liked on Instagram the other day so I ordered the wool and have started it. Have a great weekend everyone.

Comment

And so say all of us. Good to see you Starty, how are the doggies? It’s a long dark month at the best of times but this year it seems never ending. Think I would crack up if it were not for my long walks in the woods. Have been lacking in motivation regarding my crochet but saw a blanket I liked on Instagram the other day so I ordered the wool and have started it. Have a great weekend everyone.
                                Thanks Rustop Yes my doggies save my sanity and I am soooo grateful for them. Walked 6 miles this morning and eventually the sun came out. Felt soo good. Well done on the blanket, I think just finding that spark of motivation is great. I only seem to be motivated to walk just now but I guess that is something

Comment

Working...
                                X