Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army garrison - February 2021

Bye!!
    Morning all else..filthy wet mucky morning here!!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning, same here. Braved it yesterday and thinking of doing the same today. Felt the better of it afterwards. Cup of tea and a read back first. How is Joe Molly? Am sure you are glad of the time off to be with him. Would be a nightmare going out to work and worrying about bringing it home with you. Waves to everyone else. Where is Stirly these days, have not heard from her in a while.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,

Can't believe we've had him a whole week and even after a decent night's sleep I'm dog tired. (pun intended). I think its because I've got one ear open listening to see if Mikey's okay on his bed.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...they do have a pack mentality......I'm no expert but the little I know its usually the female that's pack leader. We were warned from his foster place that he prefers males. Although when Mr. JC's at the proper office he follows me around. Leave the living room door open a crack when you go to the toilet or for a shower and all of a sudden you've got canine company.

I'd better get dressed we're going to see my brother and his two collies. I just hope he doesn't want to do a 10 mile yomp around the woods near him.

Yep, where's our Stirly?????
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just had a look at Stirly's FB page.............they've had a mountain of snow. :egad:
          And snow in Texas and sadly many deaths.
          Unbelievable.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Not venturing out today..feeling worn out and bit low..Joe is the same really...no energy at all but the doc is Wednesday so.....
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Ahhh Molls, bonnie lass. :hug::hug: that's one for Joe. Not an easy time for either of you.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                Not venturing out today..feeling worn out and bit low..Joe is the same really...no energy at all but the doc is Wednesday so.....
                The doc for Joe Molls - but you need to look after yourself :hug: It's a strain stuck in the house - and having to do it all while Joe is ill is not easy.
                I've only had a small taste of it - and me nerves are frazzled.

As [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] says you & MsA are brilliant - they are lucky to have you both.

I'm more of a graduate of the Nurse Ratched school of nursing.

55093717-Nurse_2520Ratched.jpg

Comment

Call out to :
                  MERS
                  STARTY
                  STIRLS
                  BRIGEEE
                  TABBERS

On a happy note.
                  Left to his own devices YS seems to have found a gem of a therapist ON HIS OWN and an online group session ON HIS OWN.
                  A few things may have prompted it :

• We disconnected and he realised this was his life. We had accepted he would go the Shambles route.
                  • Spent Christmas day alone for the first time since he was born.
                  • He turns 40 this year and was told he wouldn't make 50 if he carried on
                  • He drank solidly from before Christmas - we didn't say a word.

He was here last weekend. Has reconnected with his sister, friends here, and even visited his grandmother thru' the pane of glass at the Nursing Home which is not easy.

I don't think he's had a drink for many weeks now.
                  Long may it last.

Off to the coalface :llama:

Comment

Good morning Troopers and a Happy Sunday to all!

Took a quick read-back – not too detailed – and just want to say that I hope all the patients and carers are coping. [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION], hope Joe recovers quickly. Not the easiest thing to go through but thankfully he is home and not in the hospital which would make it worse.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - Mrs. A – as always my thoughts are with you.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] – great news on the pupper. The Romania part has me a bit confused so hopefully you will enlighten me. Did you adopt him from Romania? Some dogs favour men and some women, but mostly I think they favour the person who is calmest and we wimmen can sometimes not be as calm company as a dogger wants. Not that we can help it with all we have to do keeping our home in order and for those who work outside the home, coping with that load as well. And yes, @satz 123, we defo could use more help from the male members of our families.

Just to let you know what has been going on in Stirly-World and the situations that have been piling up that have put me in a right funk lately. Am trying to pull myself out of it but we are in our THIRD lockdown as of Feb. 11th and that is not helping.
                    January started out so-so – not much happening as we were still in lock-down, which I have to admit, has taken a toll on my patience and I’m frankly tired of the whole situation – masks, sanitizer, etc., etc. Anyway, bout the 10th of January, my Mom told us that her companion of 15 years (who is the sweetest man I have ever known and treats her like a queen) had had test results and they found that his kidneys only function at 30% and as we had known for some time, his heart has a valve that needs replacing but do to other health issues, he can’t have the surgery. It was a trying time for them and for us as well because when he goes, my Mom will have a very difficult time. She’s 90 – in generally good health, but of all her friends and acquaintances, only about 5 women are still alive and three of them have Alzheimer’s. So she will be very much alone. I love living in Greece but it is at times like this that I feel very, very far from my family in Canada. Anyway, to not make this a saga – we talked often over the next few days and at some point, with new medication, Les’ health started to improve and for that we are all very relieved. However, a few days later, my 4-year old grandson fell from the top bunk hitting his head on the tile floor, suffering a concussion and two hair-line fractures – one high up on his nose, the other on his eyebrow. They kept him in hospital for two nights for observation and then at home for 10 days. Thankfully, even though his eye was swollen shut and badly bruised, it cleared up amazingly fast and he seems to have no after effects.
                    In the meantime tho’, my sister’s dogger – beautiful black Bouvier of 11-1/2 years, just passed away one day leaving them stricken. They have no children and Melantha was more than a fur-baby to them. My sister and I are best friends and her husband is like a brother to me, so I share their heartbreak. That was on a Friday. The next Wednesday she found out that one of her closest friends had suddenly died. They were friends for 50 years. A couple of days later she spoke to the husband of her friend and found out that she had died in the early morning of a heart attack. Her husband called an ambulance and that as he tried to resuscitate her for the 15 minutes it took for the ambulance to arrive, he suffered a heart attack himself and was in hospital awaiting by-pass surgery. The next day she got a call from a friend of ours – again, a friendship of almost 50 years, telling her that our dear Margie, has cancer again. She had had surgery for uterine cancer in 2017 and the cancer has come back. Margie is a dear friend of mine also and has visited me several times in Greece, once staying over a month at our place. She is like another sister to me. All of this happened since the last week of January. I have been trying to give the best support I can but at times I’m just wondering what is next. To put it mildly, 2021 is not going so well, so far. And as I said earlier in my post, we are into our third lockdown, until at least the end of February. About the only bright part of this month is the huge snowfall we got last Tuesday which, even tho’ it shut the city down for two days, was a welcome change.
                    Anyway, I am planning to start painting again very soon, maybe even today. Hopefully that will help improve my mind-set. Something has to so I can stop turning to cooking and baking to alleviate the boredom. I also tend to eat when stressed so that needs to stop as well. Not at all good for the waistline!! At least I won’t turn to AL to block things out. As we all know – they would still be there the next day!!
                    Waves to all and wishing you all the best day you can make it. Oh, and we could use some sunshine here if youz have any to spare…
                    . :radiate:
                    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post

On a happy note.
                      Left to his own devices YS seems to have found a gem of a therapist ON HIS OWN and an online group session ON HIS OWN.

• We disconnected and he realised this was his life. We had accepted he would go the Shambles route.

He was here last weekend. Has reconnected with his sister, friends here, and even visited his grandmother thru' the pane of glass at the Nursing Home which is not easy.

Long may it last.
                      Brilliant news, Satzy! Long may it last!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        Call out to :
                        MERS
                        STARTY
                        STIRLS
                        BRIGEEE
                        TABBERS

On a happy note.

Long may it last.

Off to the coalface :llama:
                        You could have knocked me down with a feather. I'm happy for him and I'm happy for you.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning and waves to the world, think I may be going for 3 in a row here:happy2:
                          [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]...............it was Mr. JC's old secretary that lead us to a Pawprints2Freedom.........she got her rescue Stan via a similar charity in Cyprus. They were all street dogs.
                          So via Romania to the UK.....into quarantined......to a foster family ........would you believe just half an hour away. He's neutered and vaccinated (even against rabies) and a sweet boy. They reckon he's two and half.

There's been a nationwide warning to keep your eye on your dog as dog napping is rife and getting sold on-line in places like eBay and Gumtree.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............an old saying............. it never just rains but it pours.
                            So much bad news in such a short time its no surprise that you went to a dark place. I'm sorry for your losses. :hug:
                            Once we're back to normal the weight will drop off you but there again I'm forgetting what 'normal' was.
                            Had to go to google............yep we're in our 3rd lockdown.

:hug: [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              Morning and waves to the world, think I may be going for 3 in a row here:happy2:
                              [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]...............it was Mr. JC's old secretary that lead us to a Pawprints2Freedom.........she got her rescue Stan via a similar charity in Cyprus. They were all street dogs.
                              So via Romania to the UK.....into quarantined......to a foster family ........would you believe just half an hour away. He's neutered and vaccinated (even against rabies) and a sweet boy. They reckon he's two and half.

There's been a nationwide warning to keep your eye on your dog as dog napping is rife and getting sold on-line in places like eBay and Gumtree.
                              A lot of dog-napping where my family lives in Canada, as well.

So glad you got your dogger. I know you will be in a much better place now, too. No dog will ever replace Bess but my bet is that Mikey will find his own place in your hearts and being a rescue dog will forever show how happy he is with his new peeps!!! :heart:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............an old saying............. it never just rains but it pours.
                                So much bad news in such a short time its no surprise that you went to a dark place. I'm sorry for your losses. :hug:
                                Once we're back to normal the weight will drop off you but there again I'm forgetting what 'normal' was.
                                Had to go to google............yep we're in our 3rd lockdown.

:hug: [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]
                                I figure I need to lose about 6 kilos. Not a huge amount but it all seems to land on my middle and my butt. So, am planning to get out walking every afternoon as well. Sure can't hurt.

Waiting for younger son and young Master Alvertos to arrive. They're coming for lunch and playtime afterwards. That means son will conk out for a nap after lunch and I get to entertain my grandson. Best that way - no daddy to scold us if we get silly!!! :spin:

Comment

Working...
                                X