Army garrison - February 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army garrison - February 2021

You just sucked me into 25 mins of Ab fab [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!!

You have a point about staying in bed Bridge. You can in 6 weeks!! Woohoo!! Are you going to have a think about the next chapter or are you flying off the CVs already?

Same with me for the support group, its 100% in this corner of the internet. I wouldnt have it any other way.
    Its weird how it escalates at different levels. I started secret drinking at 25, then it was another 19 years before I quit. Never drank in the morning, but it was a matter of time. I was super sneaky and super careful, not to raise any suspicious. Im sure someone copped.

Hope all goes well tomorrow Molls :hug:
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Oh good lord, JC. You have just taken me right down memory lane there. A drinking friend and I used to be called (and call each other) Eds and Patsy. Very sad story actually. She also gave up alcohol (may even still be sober) but ended up with a cross addiction to all sorts of nasty drugs and now she has what appears to be permanent brain damage. Last I heard she had a stay in a mental health facility in another state. She was a professional person when I met her, a little older than me but had it all together. Didn't drink much. When I heard she was experimenting with meth in her 50's I thought it was bizarre. Sure enough her behaviour became outrageous, causing a gulf between us, but why was I so shocked? Because it was drugs, not alcohol? It's all going to kill you in the end.

Anyway. lots more thinks on that one but I'm tired today. Ironically I am working harder than ever despite the fact that they are just about to get rid of me. I just cannot let people down. Not because I care any more, but because I hate looking like a dick. lol

Thinking of you Molly and hoping for the best.

I might pull a sickie tomorrow and have a good read back.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

When I heard she was experimenting with meth in her 50's I thought it was bizarre. Sure enough her behaviour became outrageous, causing a gulf between us, but why was I so shocked? Because it was drugs, not alcohol? It's all going to kill you in the end.

And if it doesn't - d'Covid will.
        Ye know I think if we still need something when the alcohol is out of the picture - we'll find it. We are addicts.
        Sugar, nicotine, OTC drugs - something is going to take our fancy to lift us out of the doldrums. Life is too complicated for us not to.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].......thinking about the pair of you.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]......what a sad tale.
          I used to volunteer place for drug and alcohol. I used to work with a lad who just called us alkies lazy drug addicts.......after all they are both mind-altering substances......he was the ex coke-head and I was the ex alkie. By lazy he meant we alkies can go into any store, pub, and buy ourselves into oblivion.........in a drug addicts world druggies have to sneak around usually after dark, dodging police and can earn a nice sentence in prison if caught in the act. After all, both are mind-altering substances.........just one's is legal.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........you're so right. Can we add in on-line games. I read about a teenager so addicted to some game that she wore adult nappies so she wouldn't be away from her screen.

On Monday my cousin came round with my Christmas present (a bit late). Its the most beautiful, framed photo of our Bess. She'd had one on her phone. I cried.
          I cried because I miss Bess and I cried because I couldn't throw my arms around her and give her a hug.

The excitement of the day...........my reading glasses are ready to pick up and will have a wander around M&S's food hall. :sohappy:
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning folks..sitting outside Hermitage with the mutt...he's being very good actually!! Sort of praying..this atheist praying??? I feel my mum out there somewhere...maybe need to examine all that sometime...maybe alcohol was my go-to 'God ' ...now I need a God?? Sorry ...heavy stuff ..
            I agree re. needing a tool benjy when we are addicts...even after extensive therapy I still sometimes just want 'something'...ironically never booze...but just something to lift my head off my shoulders? God yeah...hah...there's God again!!!
            Please ignore my ramblings I'm counting through the minutes!
            Went into a shop in Lucan for a coffee...first time in a shop in at least a month...feel BOLD!!!
            Right .. back to clock watching....
            Oh..another thought....it's been said here before but....don't..please don't stay in a job you hate/despise or even overly bores you...life is SHOCKING short and to spend up to 40 hours a week doing something just for money....just don't....my job has started to bore me and I'm going to retire early...money is NOT everything...the wonderful thing about ditching our addiction is we really should be able to live on little money..
            That's the epistle for now
            Let yiz know later how he gets on xxx
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning everyone. Both those stories are so sad Bridget and JC. Think you are right about other addictions Satz. Mine is definitely sugar and thanks for the link, have signed up for the course in April. Lost weight last year but have put a lot of it back on.

Your excitement was getting your glasses JC, mine was receiving a box of wool. A few of us have signed up to do a picnic blanket. She posts the pattern up week by week from end of February to April. Needed a project to get me motivated.

Comment

Cross posted there Molly, have one of these :hug:

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                  Morning everyone. Both those stories are so sad Bridget and JC. Think you are right about other addictions Satz. Mine is definitely sugar and thanks for the link, have signed up for the course in April. Lost weight last year but have put a lot of it back on.

Your excitement was getting your glasses JC, mine was receiving a box of wool. A few of us have signed up to do a picnic blanket. She posts the pattern up week by week from end of February to April. Needed a project to get me motivated.
                  Oh I had started wee Aran jumpers for 2 of grandchildren before Christmas..but haven't touched them since...May have a look at them when I get home...yeah great plan...howdy Rusters......still waiting!!
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........omg.........you'll be a nun next time you log in. Your dog senses your anxiety. He'll go crackers when Joe is out of surgery.

I can see.......I can read the small print and do crosswords again and read all the books people got me for Chrimbo. I can spend hours looking for them when they're on my head. I can read in bed. I can put the laptop back to its normal viewing thingy.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]........nothing better than a wool delivery.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                      :yay: I'll be continuing in April Rusters.... up to the wedding in July.
                      I've hit a plateau - stuck at 8 lbs lost - so I just contact my coach who says "relax - you'll get there. Do this" .... which his great.
                      Then I watch Gerard's video and he's giving out to us - to cop on :haha:

Comment

Well done ladies, you can keep us all honest and away from the sugar. Sometimes a no nonsense approach is the only way (unless you are dealing with a hormonal teenager :nutso.

How does someone even start using Meth, she must have had some unconventional friends.. very sad.
                        I can be a bit obsessive about running, but so are all my buddies, so I let it pass (but not them, I have to be first, obviously :haha

Satz, the dress will be hanging off you by July, YS will have months under his belt and they'll allow at least 50 at the wedding!

Anyone hear from Molly since earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

I can see.......I can read the small print and do crosswords again and read all the books people got me for Chrimbo. I can spend hours looking for them when they're on my head. I can read in bed. I can put the laptop back to its normal viewing thingy.
                          Fantastic JC!!
                          Mr M found my spare glasses today, I was THRILLED.

Comment

Good day to you all!

Just wondering how Molly and the hound are going with the wait. Must be some word by now looking at the time stamps.

Re the diet thing. I'm feeling a bit givey uppy at the moment. There's too much else going on anyway to make a real fist of it.

I was in the shower, where I do most of my epiphanies, and I reflected that I have been on a diet since I was 12 years old. Looks like it hasn't worked. None of them.

I'm just sitting here looking at my book shelf.
                            So, we have - WW, Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach, Fat Flush, Zone, Liver Cleansing Diet, Dukan, Throw out the Scales, CSIRO x 3 books, F2, Phil McGraw, Protein Power, Food by Susan Powter, Clever Guts, Fast 800, The Fast Diet, Food Allergies and Intolerance, Stop the Insanity! (Indeed), Fats and Figures, F Plan and F Plan Plus, The Body Shaping Diet, Low Carb Made easy, The Mediterranean Diet, The Complete Mediterranean Diet, 4 Ingredients 1,2 and 3, The Low GI diet, LCHF, What the Fat? Paleo.

Jesus people! Do we not even know how to EAT any more?
                            Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; February 24, 2021, 09:19 PM. Reason: I found three more books in my bedroom!!!!!
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Bridge agree, my bookshelf has a rather vast array of ways to eat too. The only thing I have found that works for me is to remove sugar and check portion size. I cannot bear counting stuff like points, syns, grams etc and the more I do that the hungrier I get. It was Mr S birthday last week and we both had about a weeks sugar binge with choc, ice cream and the like. Both felt absolutely shite for a couple of days after. Even Mr S who I did not imagine was capable of such feelings much less admitting them said he had headaches from eating rubbish. As we both have addictive personalities I think the occasional sugar binge has replaced our al lifestyle. Agree though, there is always something lurking to get those addiction juices flowing again.

Running is one of the good things imo to get addicted to Mary, well it was until my joints gave up :haha:

It sounds like the pup is settling in nicely JC! Bet he has made a huge difference to your life getting you out and about. Walking really is the best for mental and physical health and having the company of a lovely four legged pupper is just the icing on the cake.

Mr S aunt was admitted to hospital yesterday with pnuemonia, no idea if covid related as she tested negative a few days ago and she has had the vax so hoping all will be well with her.

What wonderful news about YS! Sounds like your tough love had an effect and got his head back in the game. I hope so. The worry about someone else's addiction is worse than coping with ones own I think.

How did Joe get on Molls? Fingers crossed all is well and the infection has beat a hasty retreat

Comment

Great to see you back Starts. :hyper:

Something I have noticed with MrS is since the pubs closed he too has acquired a 'mad' sweet tooth. He would NEVER eat chocolate in excess before last March.
                                He'd say "I don't like chocolate biscuits - I'd prefer plain."
                                Never ate dessert.
                                NOW - all the goodies bought are for him. Especially chocolate biscuits.
                                He ate a whole box of Milk Tray chocolates to himself over 2 nights.

All this is unheard of previously. Isn't that interesting? I think it's more than boredom.
                                Maybe [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] can explain why when alcohol is taken out of the picture this happens to everyone? Lifetime habits change over the months ?

Comment

Working...
                                X