Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Morning and hi MrG'ster ...no Bridge..not sure we need to cancel those things completely but with age I find comes pragmatism...so to come to terms with what might be the case then if they ARE doable it's a bonus..we'll hang onto the bike for this year anyway and moving house wouldn't be till I can retire anyway so no decision needed there!

How's everyone? Did you get out for your run MrsA? I'm sure you haven't had much opportunity for running for a while so the aul muscles might need a bit of reviving!
    According to a friend who knows about these things all over 50's should have the two doses of vaccine in the next 8 weeks...we'll see..not going to be much use I fear with new dangerous variants popping up in non-
    vaccinated countries but who knows!

Getting my new work laptop and phone delivered this week...I have NO IDEA what I'm sposed to do with them...think it will not be good...'digital presence ' was mentioned in one of the team meetings......rightlease:
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Afternoon and waves to the world,
      Cannot believe that I have done crap all apart from watching one of those programmes where they buy a ruin in the middle of nowhere and it ends up a palace and drag Mikey out of the back bedroom/office for the foreseeable future. He sits under desk while Mr. JC works. He's at work (Mr JC not the dog) so Mikey's got a face on like last weeks milk. Does he not know I'm in charge of treats.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........wtf is digital presence?
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Afternoon and waves to the world,
        Cannot believe that I have done crap all apart from watching one of those programmes where they buy a ruin in the middle of nowhere and it ends up a palace and drag Mikey out of the back bedroom/office for the foreseeable future. He sits under desk while Mr. JC works. He's at work (Mr JC not the dog) so Mikey's got a face on like last weeks milk. Does he not know I'm in charge of treats.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........wtf is digital presence?
        HAHA -- good question -- tbh with our shower of know-all/know-nothings it achully could mean ANYTHING -- but I think it's doing anything online -- we do courses and children's arts and crafts and story telling - chess lessons... you name it... but the young and wonderful think they are the only ones who can be wonderful so I intend to leave them at it... 15 years of doing events in the library proper is of no interest to them apparently - now that it's online -- it's A-MAZ-ING --- leave 'em at it!!

Mikey SITS???? ffs -- when do dogs start to 'sit' --- our muppet just hurtles everywhere all day - I'm worn out -- well tbh I'm not so much anymore cos Joe has taken over so much of it -- cannot WAIT for this lockdown to be over tho so we can get him to proper 'lessons':happy2:

Comment

[QUOTE=mollyka;15 years of doing events in the library proper is of no interest to them apparently - now that it's online -- it's A-MAZ-ING --- leave 'em at it!!

:[/QUOTE]

That’s the attitude Molly, wonder is it an age thing or is the pandemic causing it but really have an I could not be arsed attitude towards work at the moment. No point worrying about the future, look what has happened to us over the last year.

Hope you enjoyed your run Brit, it will help, that and time.

Weather is meant to break so will have to park the garden for a while. Really enjoying my crochet project and only getting a few rows of pattern every week keeps me motivated. 4 weeks in, half way there. I’ll post a picture later.

Comment

Hi all.,

Molls I have a couple of books by an amazing dog trainer. I have actually done courses with him and know he is good. The books are Easy Peasy Puppy Squeazy and Easy Peasy Doggy Squeazy by Steve Mann. Daft names but the content of the books are excellent, easy and very informative.

Off this week and pottering, decorating and walking. Love it, no work is suiting me Yes defo age. I just do not feel the need to be in that environement. I reckon the pandemic has a lot to do with it too. So much time at home and I really do not need to leave it .

Lovely weather here

Wish I could crochet Rustop., sounds a lovely hobby

Comment

903C8571-3B1D-4EC0-839E-D4872E4BB403.jpg

It’s a picnic blanket, four more gingham squares will go in those corners and then three weeks of goodness knows what else. Videos and instructions are brilliant, thoroughly recommend Starty. Probably a bit late but might have a look at those books. He is doing well on lead and recall, just an ejeet a lot of the time, trying to get up and sit on your knees, even though he is too big and prancing around the place with stuff in his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                Hi all.,

Molls I have a couple of books by an amazing dog trainer. I have actually done courses with him and know he is good. The books are Easy Peasy Puppy Squeazy and Easy Peasy Doggy Squeazy by Steve Mann. Daft names but the content of the books are excellent, easy and very informative.

Off this week and pottering, decorating and walking. Love it, no work is suiting me Yes defo age. I just do not feel the need to be in that environement. I reckon the pandemic has a lot to do with it too. So much time at home and I really do not need to leave it .

Lovely weather here

Wish I could crochet Rustop., sounds a lovely hobby
                I'll definitely get those books Starty -- thanks a million... we've read heaps of stuff but there's a lot of contradictory information.. it'll be good to read something recommended by you... would really love to be able to do a course but -- these are crazy times - hence a crazy dog ;-) We do our best - and in fairness to him - he's grand a lot of the time but.....
                Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]5614[/ATTACH]

It’s a picnic blanket, four more gingham squares will go in those corners and then three weeks of goodness knows what else. Videos and instructions are brilliant, thoroughly recommend Starty. Probably a bit late but might have a look at those books. He is doing well on lead and recall, just an ejeet a lot of the time, trying to get up and sit on your knees, even though he is too big and prancing around the place with stuff in his mouth.
                That's absolutely fabulous Rusters -- I have tried crochet time and time again -- love knitting and I'm not bad at it.. but cannot grasp crochet -- just end up with big long strings of things..

that's exactly what our Mutt is like -- he's a monster but literally wants to sit on our knees -- and wants to be carried getting out of the car... he grabbed Joe's wallet yesterday from where he'd hidden it and ran around the garden for half an hour before I could get it back... he was so happy!!!! still goes to bed with a stuffed dinosaur beside!

Had a lazy day today - Joe did the walk and I just sat on the couch and started knitting a scarf with left over wool (I've run out of patterns and only have one ball of each of 20 odd colours) so I'll be like Doctor Who going around next winter.

Hope everyone is okay and in good form x

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]5614[/ATTACH]

That is lovely! Yes one day I think I will learn. Must be so satisfying.

Puppies are such hard work, I had 2 under 1 at one time and it was EXHAUSTING Sound like a teenage mother there Even for folk with lots of experience and a Dobie is a working dog so you havent picked one of the quieter breeds I have found they calm down sometime after around 2 years old but I feel for you both in the youngster stage :haha:

Comment

One tip that I have always found so useful is to trade with them if they have something that they shouldnt. Get a high value treat or toy and swap for the wallet, mobile, jewellery or whatever the little terrors have stolen

Comment

The Army should be renamed Doggy Day Care & Crochet Army

I've done about 3 squillion squares and given them to my Aunt to be made into blankets.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].......don't think I could do two puppers at the same time. There must be a medal for that somewhere.
                      Distraction is the key.........cheese works like a dream but used too much you end up getting a lecture from the vet because your dog's fat.

Mikey when I said he sits under Mr JC's chair its when he's working from home if he slithers passed me I find him under the chair its because he misses him when he has to go to the real office. I'm just his hand-maiden that feeds him and fills his water dish. Although every now and again he launches himself onto my lap for cuddles and ear scratching.
                      He doesn't stay, fetch, give a paw, sit on command, and has absolutely no respect for personal space. Training will commence when the lighter evenings come in. Happily, he's house trained.
                      Doubt we'll be making Britain's Got Talent any time in the near future.
                      Last edited by JackieClaire; March 23, 2021, 08:07 PM.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                        That is lovely! Yes one day I think I will learn. Must be so satisfying.

Puppies are such hard work, I had 2 under 1 at one time and it was EXHAUSTING Sound like a teenage mother there Even for folk with lots of experience and a Dobie is a working dog so you havent picked one of the quieter breeds I have found they calm down sometime after around 2 years old but I feel for you both in the youngster stage :haha:
                        Oh believe you me I didn't pick him! Joe was obviously in the whole of his health when we got him and I've just been muddling through..Joe is taking over more and more each day which is great..he's fully prepared to put in the hard yards re. training and playing etc..and truthfully he is a lively lovely pup...he's trained in the basics..sit..stay..fetch etc...and yeah the treats didn't even work for the wallet...in Max's eyes that was the jackpot;-)
                        Anyway..enough bout dog...I'm thankfully becoming redundant !!
                        Have to go to work Friday....sort of excited! I'm getting really bored
                        Last edited by mollyka; March 23, 2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Quick check in.. busy few days here. Got FIL into a great place to help with his mobility but hes checking himself out. He would prefer to be waited on from bed it seems. For ever.

Hope all ok there Bridge. And [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], your doing great :hug:

Sorry, zonked.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all!

sounds like Mikey is a man's dog JC? Yes 2 pups is hard work. At the time I also had my mums dog Fudge who, being an older lady helped massively in bringing up the boys. She would discipline them if they got out of line like only a mum can. When she died Fen, especially was distraught. He really missed her badly.

I use that Primula squeazy cheese as a high value treat. Easy to dispense and keep in pocket. Marvelous stuff

Taking Mr S for his jab today. Hoping he doesnt have any side effects as he has to work tonight and tomorow

Comment

I've got all these mental images of dogs running around with various personal possessions now. I think old Mikey has no idea how lucky he is actually. Can't imagine that there was much of a future for him in Romania. I wonder how they process all of this stuff, the dogs?

I really admire the handiwork in your blanket there Rustop.

Good luck to Mr Starty with the vaccine.

Mers, is your FIL a bit depressed at all?

Molly I'm getting heartily sick of the forced positivity thing. You can make a silk purse out of a sows ear as my mother says. 'An online presence' sounds like a bit of a euphemism to me.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning-- Had a better sleep and sore throat and headache clearing up.
                                Trying to bury my feelings as they overwhelm me and I am scared of them.
                                A good friend is arriving soon to go for a walk with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X