Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Oh god I hope not Satz but I know that feeling of absolute horror when the fear is there that they have gone back to square one. What makes you think so?
    Thanks Starty.
    The new job was to start Thurs & then it was Friday. He was to come here like last few weekends but keeps putting it off which is a sure sign .....
    I think he's bottled the job again ........
    I wish he'd just FORGET about jobs & just concentrate on getting better first
    Last edited by satz123; March 6, 2021, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      Thanks Starty.
      The new job was to start Thurs & then it was Friday. He was to come here like last few weekends but keeps putting it off which is a sure sign .....
      I think he's bottled the job again ........
      I wish he'd just FORGET about jobs & just concentrate on getting better first
      Totally agree. From my own and also Mr S issues, it really does stem from work stress. I wonder if there is such a thing as a stress free job.

Have you suggested that he stops looking for work? Maybe he feels pressured which is understandable for someone of his age. I remember years ago I nearly had a breakdown with my job and didnt work at all for a couple of years, it really helped

Comment

Sounds like that's the trigger alright..maybe what he aims for is scary to him...would he not even try for something basic...a shop or something that wouldn't be pressurised? Then in time go for more high powered things? No way could I have coped with a job with targets or anything like that in early recovery
        Poor Techie..hope you're okay? Better than the bike anyway!?
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I can't agree more...........perhaps a wee part-time job while he looks for something bigger.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].........honestly we're going to have to put trainer wheels on you and your bike Take care of yourself, you're one of the good guys.

I'll say goodnight now. :heartbeat: to all
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ah [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], we night need to get you some motorbike leathers :haha:

You were worried about the new job [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].. maybe its something else...

I now own 4 tracksuit bottoms. Still wear nice tops for the camera. But tracky bottoms and fluffy socks are my new normal.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hola @all.

Hope YS is ok there Satz. Booze, drugs is such an effective short term coping strategy i.e. it numbs/changes our reality quickly, that If we aren't building any sort of daily routine in self awareness, self care and inner resilience, it can be difficult to resist the quick fix. For me i needed to do some inner work and reflection to break free - like most.

Hope you're ok Techie! Bet you're itchin' to git back.

Hi Bridgee! We'd never get sick of each other.......

Take it easy out there. These restrictions sure are a PITA. At least we ain't drinking.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

[QUOTE=Guitarista;179409

Take it easy out there. These restrictions sure are a PITA. At least we ain't drinking.[/QUOTE]

Ain’t that the truth. Good morning everyone and thanks for dropping in Mr G and Techie. Sorry to hear about your fall. Awake bright and early and the sun is shining, nothing beats unhungover Sunday mornings.

Might be the job that has tipped YS, if so and he is working with someone it is good to be aware of it and prepare for the future. I live in comfy tracksuit bottoms and tops, apart from when working, I do get dressed up those days. Am loving my new crochet project. Going to read in bed for a while and then get up and crochet for a few hours. Followed by walk. All things I enjoy so a lot to be thankful for.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                  Totally agree. From my own and also Mr S issues, it really does stem from work stress. I wonder if there is such a thing as a stress free job.

Have you suggested that he stops looking for work? Maybe he feels pressured which is understandable for someone of his age. I remember years ago I nearly had a breakdown with my job and didnt work at all for a couple of years, it really helped
                  Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                  Sounds like that's the trigger alright..maybe what he aims for is scary to him...would he not even try for something basic...a shop or something that wouldn't be pressurised? Then in time go for more high powered things? No way could I have coped with a job with targets or anything like that in early recovery
                  Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  I can't agree more...........perhaps a wee part-time job while he looks for something bigger.
                  Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                  Hola @all.

Hope YS is ok there Satz. Booze, drugs is such an effective short term coping strategy i.e. it numbs/changes our reality quickly, that If we aren't building any sort of daily routine in self awareness, self care and inner resilience, it can be difficult to resist the quick fix. For me i needed to do some inner work and reflection to break free - like most.
                  Thanks everyone fro the advice & support. I'll take it all on board.
                  Off to the front line :horse:

Comment

Morning all...and who knows Benjy...maybe he's grand? Hated in early sobriety when looked at suspiciously!!!
                    Lovely morning..and like Rusters there's lots of things I enjoy within 5k so just going to make the best of things till we are free!!!
                    Hi MrG...good to see the men around...Tabbers???

Comment

Morning all,

Just got back from a lovely 8ish mile meander round some gorgeous countryside. Shocks of shocks while wandering along an old disused railway, 2 coppers on their motorbikes were riding up the track. Never seen that before and glad they did not stop to ask any questions as I was out of my "area". Cannot wait for this shite to be done with. When do you guys in Ireland get your freedom back?

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,

Been awake a while and just lying in bed scrolling through the news on my phone..............lovely picture of the Dalai Lama getting his jab. Mine's on Wednesday but I doubt I'll hit the main news.
                        Mr JC just rushed off to see his Ma and Pa..........Ma-in-law wants him gone quick as there's football on the radio at noon. 96 years old and she's always liked her sports.

I've got a new teddy bear knitting pattern............oh the excitement..........meant I could order some wool..........and had a hissy fit when they'd sold out of marshmallow. Once I'd calmed down and put my proper head on its just fecking pale pink.

Had another thought, Satzuma, could he volunteer for something. Gives him a reason to get up, washed and dressed and also needed. Looks good on a CV as well.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          Morning all,

Just got back from a lovely 8ish mile meander round some gorgeous countryside. Shocks of shocks while wandering along an old disused railway, 2 coppers on their motorbikes were riding up the track. Never seen that before and glad they did not stop to ask any questions as I was out of my "area". Cannot wait for this shite to be done with. When do you guys in Ireland get your freedom back?
                          God knows...vaccines are slower here than the UK..but the 5k business should be lifted beginning April and lots of folk back to work..me included I'd say..our infection numbers are coming right down so it's looking a lot more positive.

I just knitted THE most complicated hoodie jumper for the 2 granddaughters.. norra bother then decided to do legwarmers to match..jaysus more trouble than 2 jumpers combined
                          Adam is sneaking out to see us this afternoon so a bit of company for Joe..it's a lovely day so garden is no bother!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            Yes - sometimes I want to tell him to f*ck off & run away. Then I think about it & can't be arsed :hahaha:
                            MrS can't stay silent too long. I do the silence & it's bliss for a few hours.
                            I love it when I 'beat' them at the silence competition. I hope you're wrong about YS but it's the first sign isn't it? The sneaking around and lying, sometimes for no reason. I think you said he'd tried Antabuse before, hadn't he? Alcohol always makes sure that we are isolated so it can do it's number on us.

Originally posted by techie View Post
                            Hello folks. I just wanted to alert the Army thread statistician that I went off my bicycle yesterday. I have some scrapes (aka road rash) but the bike didn’t do as well. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings x
                            Thanks for the update. I'll catch the spreadsheet up. There are a lot of new entries though.

How is Joe feeling now Molly?

I admire you ladies with the knitting. I never did form the patience for those things.

I'm part of the yoga pant brigade myself. I love a good stretch pant to expand into. And expand I have.

The situation with the workplace has resulted in my blood pressure exploding so I'm calling it. I'm going back on medication, which I had ceased. That place will not take my health captive. It's just not worth it. I won't be expressing interest in any other jobs there. I just want out. So I took 2 sick days and plan to take quite a few more. All going well, I have another 8 weeks to work and I am off to find a proper job which is meaningful and makes me happy. Enough of this crap, life is too short.

Hi G fella - no we would never get sick of one another. Especially being 12 hour's drive apart. I think it's the best kind of relationship.

Thinking of you Brit. I'm so glad you've got those girls.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

The situation with the workplace has resulted in my blood pressure exploding so I'm calling it. I'm going back on medication, which I had ceased. That place will not take my health captive. It's just not worth it. I won't be expressing interest in any other jobs there. I just want out. So I took 2 sick days and plan to take quite a few more. All going well, I have another 8 weeks to work and I am off to find a proper job which is meaningful and makes me happy. Enough of this crap, life is too short.
                              :hyper: best news ever Bridge .....

Comment

That is big news Bridge...and well done you...depending on how I find my own personal micro manager when I go back I mightnt be far behind you! Well done indeed..happy for you..and yup..take every sick day you can...I'm sure you owe them nothing!!

Oh and in answer to your question - Joe is doing okay - he's still get absolutely no energy - not sure if that's the infection lingering or the state of his heart -- we'll know more on Wed --- he's anxious about it tho - it's all just so vague!
                                Last edited by mollyka; March 8, 2021, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X