Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

This is the new advert for checking your alarm : Poxy Chores :hahaha: love it !
    The association is the canary was used years ago by the Gas Company to detect leaking gas.
    So this is the feathered balladeer Tommy McAinary

Monthly chores- Tommy and Drimnagh remind us to check our carbon monoxide alarm monthly. - YouTube
    Last edited by satz123; March 5, 2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

It has passed.................we don't argue a lot but dear god when we do its a humdinger and tbh can't even remember what started it. I've spent much of the day lying on the bed with Mikey reading Hilary Clinton's book.

Our Whizzy, my heart goes out to you. When my Aunt lost her husband she wore his dressing gown when she was on her own. Now seven years later she says it helped her feel close to him at the time.
      There is no time limit for grief.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........I love the advert.

Our newest covid news...........as of Monday we're allowed to meet one person outside our house for a coffee. I'm beginning to think that this government thinks we all live in the South of France...........its fecking baltic outside, snow expected, and where the feck do we get the coffee from?
      I'm off back to Hilary after a swing by Amazon to get some large print books for MIL as a gift for Mother's day.

Actually much love to you all. I feel like you're the only ones that understand our ups and downs.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        It has passed.................we don't argue a lot but dear god when we do its a humdinger and tbh can't even remember what started it. I've spent much of the day lying on the bed with Mikey reading Hilary Clinton's book.

Our Whizzy, my heart goes out to you. When my Aunt lost her husband she wore his dressing gown when she was on her own. Now seven years later she says it helped her feel close to him at the time.
        There is no time limit for grief.

@satz123...........I love the advert.

Our newest covid news...........as of Monday we're allowed to meet one person outside our house for a coffee. I'm beginning to think that this government thinks we all live in the South of France...........its fecking baltic outside, snow expected, and where the feck do we get the coffee from?
        I'm off back to Hilary after a swing by Amazon to get some large print books for MIL as a gift for Mother's day.

Actually much love to you all. I feel like you're the only ones that understand our ups and downs.
        @JackieClaire I'd say Miley is a great pal for you Jacks.
        Rosie is always there too with me - she puts me back in good humour when grumpy hole starts moaning. We both repair to the upstairs. We leave him in his Fr Jack chair

I laughed at the coffees outside :haha:

And yes - I think I talk more to you lot than anyone else.
        Last edited by satz123; March 5, 2021, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          God yeah!!

Joe's weapon of mass destruction was silence!
          Evening all...what a lovely day ..and still bright at 6.30...love the longer evenings
          Was Molls? - past tense - you haven't have you ? :egad:
          Or has he just realised how feckin' lucky he is ?
          Last edited by satz123; March 5, 2021, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
            Like button...
            HaHa button...

Loads of days if be happy for MrM to maybe, work on an oil rig, but then it all passes. Im perfectly content in my own company, which almost never happens. He prefers company.

Did the weekly shop too. Well, it seems to be the 2 day shop these days. Yea Molly, imagine what a pain in the arse it would be trying to sneak in bottles and bottles of booze. For a start, there's an entourage with me every time I leave the house. I'd be going off my head trying to sneak a few more bottles every day.

53 years [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], what a fabulous life you must have had together. :love:
            Last edited by IamMary; March 5, 2021, 07:41 PM.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Mornin'.
              It's the workhouse for me today ....... delighted to get dressed properly and go see different faces.
              I really do not know how you ladies haven't been to shops. It's the only thing that keeps me sane.

I have a horrible feeling YS has relapsed.
              He denies it but we know us alkies lie - and lie - and deny - even though we KNOW we'll be found out.

Comment

Just to be clear about the vaccination issue - I am not against it. Definitely people who are at a high risk should have it. And whoever else wants to. My point is that it is not a get-out-of-jail-free ticket. You can still get the virus but will have milder symptoms or be asymptomatic and you still have to adhere to the restrictions as far as wearing masks, social distancing etc., so you don't transmit the virus to others. That is all I am saying.
                And Stirs all I am saying is if EVERYONE got the vaccine then even if we still transmit virus - the disease would be a milder dose for all that get infected.
                Then further vaccines being developed I'm sure will eventually protect from the getting the virus completely.
                But for now this is something we all dreamed of last year - it's here - and will save countless lives. In particular the old.

Comment

Ok I'm away - I've enough said for this weekend :llama:

Comment

Morning all,

Oh god I hope not Satz but I know that feeling of absolute horror when the fear is there that they have gone back to square one. What makes you think so?

I must admit, I find the trip out to the shops strangely satisfying. I feel like I have been out out

Re clothes, I am very happy in my slobbing/dog walking shite day in day out. I am not looking forward to the time if /when I have to wear proper clothes and make up. It doesnt feature in my life any longer and I like it

Comment

Oh I love the slobbing too..same 2 pairs trakkie bottoms alternating for the wash..and big jumpers to my knees! Do NOT crave shops..at all..get out for walk every day..thats plenty..few hours wandering beach and back roads...
                      No Joe doesn't do silence anymore...not since Aftercare...realised it hurt me and nowadays he doesn't hurt me...it's good!

Can't imagine the poxy dog in my bedroom never mind on my bed....there's a time and a place for him!!!!
                      Think I'm not a dog person :-(

Really hope you're wrong bout YS...what a horrible disease
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Another Saturday! It feels so lonely and quiet in the house. For months I have had the noise of the hospital bed, Carers in and out, District Nurses visiting and my daughters doing a shift system to support me. Now there is silence.
                        I am going out for a walk later with my girls and maybe go for a meal this evening at my youngest daughters house.

Comment

Just read back! Hello Molly, Starty and Satz-- Also everyone else!

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                            Another Saturday! It feels so lonely and quiet in the house. For months I have had the noise of the hospital bed, Carers in and out, District Nurses visiting and my daughters doing a shift system to support me. Now there is silence.
                            I am going out for a walk later with my girls and maybe go for a meal this evening at my youngest daughters house.
                            Thats good....and the best part of being with your daughters is you don't have to pretend to be okay...you can just be whatever you feel...the house indeed must feel very strange...hard to believe but you will adapt to the new I'm sure...you're amazing...xxx
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning all,
                              I woke up sharp and turned over for a few minutes and it was past 10:30am. But there again I've got nowhere to rush to.
                              [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]......:hug:......so glad you've got your girls nearby.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........I really hope not...........but us alkies can spot another alkie a mile away.

Same as you, Molls. Just mine's leggings with a huge sweatshirt thrown on. Knickers are changed daily.

I'm off to the excitement of Lidl. Will actually wear jeans rather than leggings.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello folks. I just wanted to alert the Army thread statistician that I went off my bicycle yesterday. I have some scrapes (aka road rash) but the bike didn’t do as well. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings x
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X