Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Hope you all enjoyed Mothers Day! Ours is not until May.

So, that's 2 skips, one for JC and one for Mers.

Managed to score myself a job over the weekend - back to nursing it is! I may not make it out of the zoo in time but there is work out there, so that's a good feeling.

Quick one tonight. I'm with Satz - can't stop yawning,
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      Hope you all enjoyed Mothers Day! Ours is not until May.

So, that's 2 skips, one for JC and one for Mers.

Managed to score myself a job over the weekend - back to nursing it is! I may not make it out of the zoo in time but there is work out there, so that's a good feeling.

Quick one tonight. I'm with Satz - can't stop yawning,
      Afternoon everyone. Well done Bridget. Great to hear some good news. Daughter in Norway who broke up with boyfriend a few weeks ago found somewhere to live at weekend so relieved about that. Had a nice day yesterday, I got the flowers too and there is something coming in the post. Funny enough we are getting a skip too. Just waiting to finish off some more work before I order it.

Comment

That is fantastic news Bridge! What do you mean that you may not make it out of the zoo in time? Is your offer potentially time barred? Hope not.

Hope all had a nice mothers day.

Bit quiet round these parts. Molls where art thou?

Comment

Xpost Rustop. Is the boyfriend bad news? Hoep your daughter is ok !

Comment

No Starty, really nice guy. They had been fighting but she was putting it down to covid and was willing to work on it but he is very black and white and wanted it ended. She’s heartbroken. Made the decision to stay in Oslo as she’s working and now has a place to stay. Only time will help.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
              No Starty, really nice guy. They had been fighting but she was putting it down to covid and was willing to work on it but he is very black and white and wanted it ended. She’s heartbroken. Made the decision to stay in Oslo as she’s working and now has a place to stay. Only time will help.
              Oh no, how sad. I have heard of another couple who have not managed to survive this lockdown and all the rubbish that goes with it. I hope she will realise there will be someone much better for her just around the corner soon. Poor love

Comment

Evening all.
                This is my weekend - but the house is a tip. I too spoke about a skip today. Great minds etc.
                i've been doing a clear out. Now have bags of clothes divided into good to go somewhere as worn maybe once or twice & rags that can go to clothes bank.
                Plus a bag of shoes that are almost new too.
                All the charity shops are closed :egad: not sure what to do with the good stuff ? Any suggestions ?

Comment

I had the same issue Satz. Our Tescos have salvation army bins that are looking for all sorts. Also the recycling centres take clothes and shoes over here.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                    I had the same issue Satz. Our Tescos have salvation army bins that are looking for all sorts. Also the recycling centres take clothes and shoes over here.
                    @starty
                    Oh I know Starts but I want them to go to a nice home - to someone who will be glad to wear them - not just made into dishcloths or sold in a black bag by the kg :sad:
                    I know that sounds silly but I am sure someone would like pre-loved shoes & clothes.
                    I have no problem buying second hand. I LOVE a bargain. There is too much waste in the world. ( says she ) osteroops:
                    I saw a programme about child labour making our cheap clothes so I'm turning over a new leaf & buying sustainably. Which means buying good quality that will last and can be reused if necessary:angel:
                    That's the plan anyhoo ....
                    Last edited by satz123; March 15, 2021, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Funny enough we are getting a skip too. Just waiting to finish off some more work before I order it.
                      Last time we had a skip bag - I got LOADS into it and when taking away the full one they leave you another new bag .
                      I all I have to do is fill it then ring & pay to take it away.
                      MrS is freaking - his solution to crap is to move it around or put it in the attic :rant: why does everything have to be an issue - FFS !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        Last time we had a skip bag - I got LOADS into it and when taking away the full one they leave you another new bag .
                        I all I have to do is fill it then ring & pay to take it away.
                        MrS is freaking - his solution to crap is to move it around or put it in the attic :rant: why does everything have to be an issue - FFS !!!!
                        MrM does not like throwing things out either, although he has thrown caution to the wind a few times when I come on all dramatic, 'does it bring you love' blah blah blah. He has an enormous shed that is stuffed to the gills.
                        Re clothes, the kids have all gone mad buying and selling on depop. Have a look. They have got some amazing bargins. I much prefer to see them buying from there than Sheen and Pretty little things.. (I am be along in knowing these online shops as noone else has teenage girls!).
                        Or else give them away for free on adverts?

Great news for you to hear [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. Hopefully she will bounce back.

And well done you Mrs Bridge! When do they release you?
                        I suspect going back nursing will be vastly far removed from the zoo.. You'll be snapped up whenever they let you go.
                        You can always deliver skips..

Sounds like a lovely day [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] :heartbeat:
                        Last edited by IamMary; March 15, 2021, 07:03 PM.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Afternoon everyone. Well done Bridget. Great to hear some good news. Daughter in Norway who broke up with boyfriend a few weeks ago found somewhere to live at weekend so relieved about that. Had a nice day yesterday, I got the flowers too and there is something coming in the post. Funny enough we are getting a skip too. Just waiting to finish off some more work before I order it.
                          Thanks! That must be hard when she can't get home for some solace. I imagine rent is not super cheap in Olso either?

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          That is fantastic news Bridge! What do you mean that you may not make it out of the zoo in time? Is your offer potentially time barred? Hope not.
                          I have to wait until May 7 to get out with a payout Starts. I might miss the boat with the new job in light of that. Not the first boat I've ever missed though, so I'll survive.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

So how many skips do we need? One big one for all of us or lots of smaller. I'll order and try to get us a discount.

One week until we hear our individual fates Mers! Sorry, you must all be so bored with this but I am so tired of the holding pattern.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning ! Off for a walk.

Comment

Morning MsA - me too :heart:

Comment

Working...
                                X