Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
    What channel !! was it good?
    BBC1 It was brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      Hello everybodee. We're in the middle of a flood here and internets have been a bit patchy. My own house is holding up but some have gone floating down rivers again and our dam has burst. There's never any half way here. It's always drought or flood or wind storm or fires.

I hope things went as well as possible [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]
      Oh Bridge, I pray that you stay safe. The floods lookk very scary

Comment

Morning folks, fingers crossed on the flood waters Bridge.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning--Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am still falling apart but moving forward.

Floods look horrific Bridget hopefully you are staying safe.

Good luck with all your doggies they all sound like naughty children.

Yes Molly I did get your email and thank you. Fingers crossed for Joe that he gets sorted.

My house is very quiet and I am finding it hard to cope with the silence.

I also have to find a seller/buyer for 500 bottles of posh wine.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
            Good morning--Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am still falling apart but moving forward.

Floods look horrific Bridget hopefully you are staying safe.

Good luck with all your doggies they all sound like naughty children.

Yes Molly I did get your email and thank you. Fingers crossed for Joe that he gets sorted.

My house is very quiet and I am finding it hard to cope with the silence.

I also have to find a seller/buyer for 500 bottles of posh wine.
            I know it's not the same MrsA but I found the silence when Joe was in hospital overwhelming..I put on every Tele in the house and it really helped..just background noise really and audio books at night
            Sending all hugs and kisses to you..it's just time now really..don't know if you remember but a friend of mine and her husband were in a horrific car crash 2 years ago...he died and her life just seemed to end...I was talking to her the other day and she's really getting on with life now..she got addicted to prescription meds and all sorts..didn't think she'd ever be okay again

Get one of your young ones to put the wine up on eBay or something...they'll be snapped up I'm sure!
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning,
              [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]............my heart goes out to you. :hug: Might sound a daft idea but if you've got Freeview there's a couple of channels that show vintage Coronation Street, Emmerdale Farm, and loads of other 'old' stuff. My Aunt found it when my uncle died.
              Did find this...........
              Wine Valuation - Free, instant quotes & price match guarantee | TLWC
              Or perhaps a posh restaurant might be worth a look see.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..just had a look at the news.............can't catch a break eh. The shagging fires last year and now this. Stay safe, sweetheart.

Nothing to report apart from Mr. JC gets his first jab tonight. Molls, I hope the lass that had a bad reaction reports it. I just had a sore arm and needed a nap. Same with the bloke next door.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Mrs A I have not been in your position (obviously) but when I have spent long periods alone I found it helpful to divide my day up into segments. Say an hour or couple of hours. I would also make a list of things to do so that I had some structure. No idea if it will help but thought I would put it out there. Much love

Comment

Afternoon everyone. Thanks for checking in Molly and Brit. No easy way through all this but time. In the meantime, be kind to yourselves. Can you run Brit? Others have given some good recommendations. Stay safe Bridget, saw the houses floating away in the news yesterday. What a crazy time. Speaking of crazy our lab/retriever adores water, any puddle he is in it. He is a good example of living in the moment and enjoying every minute of it. Typing this from my phone so I’ll make it short, will check in again later.

Comment

Indeed Bridge...like Jacks says you've been through the mill metereologically speaking..guessing it's ahead of us all unless we make bigger efforts re. climate change..stay safe xx
                    There's a follow-up to everyone who gets vaccinated jacks so I'm sure she reported it alright..she's a bit better now ..on the other hand a girl I work with has 'long Covid' and she's in a bad way...horrible never-ending poxy disease
                    In answer to your question further back Benjy..it's more that Joe wouldn't have the strength to ride the bike yet..no idea what the insurance will/would do to him!
                    Lovely walk In the woods..home now for lunch..Simon came up for chat in garden..he's been depressed but seems brighter now...awful shagging depressing times really...anyway there is an end in sight I spose
                    Howdy everyone

Comment

Thanks everyone for great advice yet again.

Tempted to drink to numb my thoughts and feelings.( I won't) Got TV on full volume, I will break up my day as from tomorrow and flog all that wine.
                      Going to try a run later and then a long walk tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                        Thanks everyone for great advice yet again.

Tempted to drink to numb my thoughts and feelings.( I won't) Got TV on full volume, I will break up my day as from tomorrow and flog all that wine.
                        Going to try a run later and then a long walk tomorrow.
                        Course you're tempted..a saint would be ...but even better knowing you won't...enjoy your run/walk and know we are all here for a chat anytime xxxx

Comment

For [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] XOXO
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].....:hug: Of course you'd be tempted an easy out for 10 minutes. You're a hero.

Again just called in to say good night. Mr JC back from his first jab........he's fine and if he blames his snoring on it I'll throttle him. Mr JC just told me the BBC were there filming tonight.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].........of course there's someone to report to. Brain not working.......Just had a look at the papers I got and its right at the top of the page. I now have a file with my cataract documents, my suspected carpel tunnel shit (despite nearly a month using the wrist straps its still awful) so now I've got to pin down a real life doctor to talk about steroid injections and now it contains my covid dates and which one I had. I feel a 100 years old.

Molls, a gentle hug coming Joe's way.

Always lovely to see you [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]........you're a true gentleman.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Back again in between outages. Yes the Golden Retriever is the only one who loves it at the moment!
                              Apparently it will ease up tomorrow. Right now the garden is a startling sight.

Molly, are you sure that you have to cancel those life plans or maybe just put them on hold for a bit? It would be such a shame. I think a lot of us stay living where we are out of habit and the amount of work it would take to actually get up and move. And get the kids out. And get them to take their shite with them.

I don't know what I would do in your position [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] but above advice sounds right to me. A bit of structure and above all some things that you might actually look forward to in a little while. And just take it easy on yourself. I'd be cashing that booze in for something that will make you feel truly good, not just for a couple of hours. A day spa might be nice when you feel up to it. If you are into that kind of thing you can come out the other end massaged, defoliated and de-haired and feeling like a new woman!

Better get back to work. I will actually have to be productive this week. I've let things slide in a big way. Gulp.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hugs to you Brit from over here. :hug::hug:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X