does anyone else have red palms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the corners opposite my thumbs are red red red! i read somewhere that this is a physical sign of alcoholism (damage to liver?). my brother is a spirits drinker and can get through a bottle of rum in a night, and the rest, but his palms are normal.

i am now embarressed about getting change in shops as i have my palm up and think they 'know'. i'm obsessed about catching glimpses of other peoples palms.

erm, anyone else know about this or am i nuts?

roxane

I have never heard or read anywhere about red palms. Are you pulling our collective legs? I actually looked at my palms. I have heard about a drunks nose tip turning red and gettig bulbous. I am not sure or if that is just a trait.

I would imagine that a better indication is the dropping of the lower eyelids and dark circles under the eyes. But those can also be from lack of sleep.
    Hablur

Comment

lol hablur.
      i cant remember where i heard/saw it (drunk no doubt), but i just googled it and there it is!!
      omg. i have cirrhosis, shit.

roxane

Comment

I have never ever heard of such a thing either.....Very bizarre...
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Amazing... just Googled it myself. I wouldnt worry about it that much. If you have always had red palms then I doubt you have Cirrohsis. Also, I strongly suspect other symptoms like yellowing of the eyes or easy bruising would appear much sooner than such an obscure malady as red palms.
          Hablur

Comment

I looked it up and you are right. Now I am looking at my palms wondering, are they red?

Comment

But it doesnt sound like your entire palm is red right? How red is it? Are we all being paranoid? Now I am staring at my palms too!

You guys are scaring me!
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

I think Hablur is right. Jaundice would certainly show up before the palms. Now I think my palms look purple....LOL!!!

Comment

I always get red palms during mulberry season.

Comment

hablur, i bruise easily, my eyes arent exactly white and my palms have been red for about a year. the red is very dilineated, i could draw a triangle round it. the rest of my palms are normal.
                    i drink because of stress, guess what i'm doing now?

roxane

Comment

Ok Ok... you stop this right now young lady! Roxane! You hear me gal! Hehe... seriously. It is most likely nothing. I woulnd't fret over it. If your eyes arent completely white its cause you arent 10 anymore. Jaundice makes them YELLOW... not the icky off white that comes with age but yellow.

Seriously.. if you are really concerned go to your local lab and have them run a liver function test. They can tell you if your LFT etc are within normal limits or not. You dont even have to go to the doctor for that if you want privacy.
                      Hablur

Comment

Oh wait you're in England.. not sure how your socialized medicine works there. You could do that here though
                        Hablur

Comment

Oh no, somthing else to worry about. Where about on your palm do you mean when you say the corner opposite your thumb - is it the outer bitty, under your pinkie? Hope not cause mine are BEETROOT ! Eeeek.

L
                          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

sorry, dont mean to panic people.

look at your left palm, if i touch my little finger with my thumb, the palm below is red. it stops immediately at the wrist and it stops at the side of the hand.

hablur the doctors get to know everything, unless its an std (dont ask how i know that!)

roxane

Comment

I hate to catch a glimpse of my face in the mirrors behind the chilled dairy products or the veg areas in the supermarket, because it sometimes looks redish, but I always tell myself it is the special lighting they use to highlight the products. When I get to the meat counter, I daren't look anymore - it takes on a purple hue. Lushy if you Google that, I just don't want to know the worst thank you.

luc
                              Gonnabee not Wannabee

Comment

Working...
                              X