Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone else have red palms?

My palms weren't red until I 'red' this post !!!! Hahahaha LOL
    I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
    I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Seriously though - I know someone who had lupus who had red palms and said it was lupus - but you would know if you had that.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

i'm glad you all think its funny

roxane

Comment

we're not laughing at you but with you, my second post was serious, I am sorry if I have upset you. If your'e worried you should go to GP, but I don't think it would be urgent-urgent, just routine appointment.
          Good luck and let me know?

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Tee hee, it is funny Rox, we are ALL looking at our palms and assessing how red ours are compared with others..... ok then, mildly amusing - BUT mine really really ARE red, in exactly that end bitty that I asked about! I honestly never noticed that before, wonder what else we have that we don't know about - eeeek, don't tell me please.

Lorna xx
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

i know youre not laughing at me but the subject. but it is serious. if you do not have red palms (sounds laughable) then be very, very happy. some posts are lightened by humour, but maybe i'm feeling tearful anyway but i posted what i saw as a serious post.

i am actually crying which is unusual, i am going through so much at the moment that i have blanked my feelings, but they have come out tonight.

perhaps i should start a different thread about that, but, probably wont.

roxane

Comment

please don't cry roxane,
                seriously we are only trying to make light of our worries, we all have some symptoms of alcohol abuse and it scares the hell out of most of us, so I think we try and put it out of our minds and make a joke of it to cope.

I used to be serious but it didn't help, I really didn't mean to hurt you and I hate it when one of the group is upset. I think you should see GP to get some idea of what it is, it may actually be nothing, I hope it isn't.

Please keep us up to date with GP and any idea of what it is?
                Best wishes and prayers to you
                Diamond xxx extra kisses to you Rox

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Rox, I have never had red palms, but my face flushes red when I drink alcohol. Don't scare yourself by taking everything you read to heart, just see your doctor and see what happens.
                  Smiles
                  Mar

Comment

Oh no Roxanne, I am so sorry, ditto what Diamond said above, I really was just trying to make light of stuff we are all scared of, really scared of. I honestly have so many issues that I think are alcohol related but then again may not be that I could possibly fill the whole site with the questions (hypochondriac almost certainly). Please let me know how you are getting on. Sorry you are feeling so low that you are crying, hope you let it all out, stamp on it and crush the feeling. Thinking of you.

Lorna xxx
                    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

diamond, i know thats what you're all doing and making light of our problems can help, i do it too. but i suppose i cant at the moment.

my husband has terminal cancer, he's 43 fgs. causing my own illness is almost perverse, i have been drinking for at least 20 years, not one day off until this year (apart from 1 month off 2 years ago). it is now coming home to roost with my symptoms and i'm not sure i care. thats scarey when i'm thinking straight.

i cannot go to gp atm because of something i'm applying for that the police will access my records for. perhaps i will have to pay for a private consultation if its confidential, though they will probably say i need a scan ?500 upwards. sticks in the gut seeing as we pay so much for nhs.

red palms is not nothing, unless you have always had them.

roxane

Comment

I agree that many, many of us have concerns about the damage we may have caused ourselves. It is not a funny issue at all and none of us were laughing at you rox. But I am such a hypochondriac that sometimes I do have to laugh at myself because I think something is wrong with me every day. Sorry if it offended you. Hope you are okay.
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

cross posted, i'm so sloooow .

Comment

i'm not offended, i can see that it looks silly, but it is a real symptom and i've been drinking long enough to get it.

roxane

Comment

In the UK it is difficult to see GP and be confidential because everyone has access it's true.

Can you register at another GP with a relatives name that doesn't use that GP and or anyone have an address you can use? Maybe 20 miles away just for that test? I have done something similar - I registered as a temporary patient at my mum and dad's GP about 250 miles away, If you tell them you have been there for 15 days they will register you as temporary patient.

I don't think notes always get sent on. Tell them a different GP and GP address as previous GP so it doesn't get forwarded to correct GP. it will then sit at the medical records place until your proper notes go there if you ever properly change GP then it will be after the appointment - is this clear or rambling ??

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Oh I forgot, sending prayers to your husband and you, take care
                                Love Diamond xx

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
                                X