• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone else have red palms?

[QUOTE=magic;153006]Hi Roxanne,

Thinking about you missy.

Sometimes life just sucks.

Easy bruising is a sign of alcolol abuse, can't remember the physiology just now, so is the fatigue. I used to have that damn pain too, right under my ribs and the longer I looked at my eyes the more jaundiced they got. I worried myself sick and poured another drink.

The pain under the ribs was on the left or right and can you describe it? I've had pain
    eminating from under my left rib for years and it is driving me nuts . Was it gastro or organ related?

Robert

Comment

Hi Sponge Robert,

As soon as I think of it, I can feel it. Otherwise it's gone.

A dull, aching pain right in line with my lower right rib. Off and on. It felt like something was taking up space, something that shouldn't be there.

To be honest I never really found out what it was, I only assumed it was my liver.

magic xx
      ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
      I am in the next seat.
      My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

magic;153294 wrote: Hi Sponge Robert,

As soon as I think of it, I can feel it. Otherwise it's gone.

A dull, aching pain right in line with my lower right rib. Off and on. It felt like something was taking up space, something that shouldn't be there.

To be honest I never really found out what it was, I only assumed it was my liver.

magic xx
        Mine is on the lower left and is I think one of the following: small intestine inflamation,probably from my nightly habbit, bad disk in my upper back referring
        the pain along the rib to this area or my heart, tho, I can aerobically go for hours
        without chest pain so probably unlikely.

I'm going to stick with gasto or back, the back I cannot fix, the booze

Comment

Hi Roxanne, just to try and make you smile- I was reading all the posts and then started to looke at my palms, holding thumb to finger as directed- shock horror they were red, then realised it was just where I had been leaning on computer desk with them whilst reading this thread. Thought it might make you smile. take care .:h

Comment

do you know what? when i think about it, the pain can be below the ribs at the back (got x-rayed for it nov.05 dr thought it might be kidney stones, very symmetrical, and blood tests showed nothing. this has come and gone.
            under right rib, below that and to the right. on the left. i'm sounding ridiculous now, but all but the first have happened in the last month or so plus occasional stomach spasms that have me doubled up, relieved by *coughs* diahhorea.

i need to go to doctors dont i?

sorry about last night, i was feeling sorry for myself and got scared. thanks for all your responses :h

roxane

Comment

garden girl thats so funny!

its not a direction, just to explain where the redness is.

so funny!

roxane

Comment

you know I never had a problem going to do number 2's when I was drinking - I could go 5 times a day, since I've stopped I might go 5 times in a month !!

Don't come near when I blow off !! Poor husband - mind you with my monthly mizzies I don't care !! LOL Poor poor husband - double whammy !!

Sorry to get back to your problem - now everyone knows mine , I've got a red face now not hands - anyway, it could be irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion, reflux, arthritis etc etc, all these could be referred couldn't they?

I think I'll start a thread for constipation advice now I've stopped drinking !! Wtch this space I'm going in !!

Diamond xx
                I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

:H Diamond
                  :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Hey Roxanne, I have just finished reading the posts....it is funny that you mentioned it, because when I was really concerned about WD symptoms 3 weeks ago, even before then I was analyzing my palms. I had also read about the liver and palms. To think about it logically, generally if there is something going on inside, as our skin is the largest organ, things will generally manifest to show toxification. For example, when you are detoxing, and everything must be eliminated in various ways, there will be a time when your skin looks horrible because of the toxins being released (or so I've read).
                    Now here is a question for you....you mentioned red palms...I have been steadfastly watching mine daily for the last three weeks and have noticed the redness to have somewhat dissipated.....ALTHOUGH, for the last week and a half, around 7pm at night, I become reallly tired, and my feet get really swollen and lobster red!!!!!! I am a teacher, and thought I was going crazy, as it is barefoot season I even asked my kids what colour they thought my feet were, uninamous RED!! Now, I have not been checking up on this as of yet, but thought I would put it out there. Has this happened to anyone else? Also, it feels like not only my feet are swollen, but all the way up my legs, it is leg I really would need to seriously stretch them out (maybe it is an indication that I should start excercising??).
                    In any Rox, I understand your concerns. Regarding the physical, someone already mentioned that you do not need to reveal everything for a liver check....kinda embarrassing, but 2 years ago, after a vacation I came home with a foot fungus. The meds the doc. wanted to give me required a liver check. So fast and easy (although embarrassing) you could always say that another doc wanted you to get one for medication purposes. If they ask to many questions just keep saying 'I don't know, he just said he needed it', etc....etc...
                    Good luck, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Its just best to recognize and keep an eye on it.
                    All the best,
                    4ever

Comment

hey, haven't even read much of this thread, but just want to say it's good to see you back 4ever.

About the red palms, I think I must be one of the biggest alkies here and never experienced red palms. My acupuncturist, however, noticed I had a red tongue or something that was supposed to mean problems with the liver.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I have been reading these post all along and I have to admit, my palms are red, and I have a lot of other problems from the alcohol anyway. I am going for a full physical soon and will find out how I am doing. I really hope everything is OK, but whatever the outcome, I have done this to myself over a period of 30+ years. I will just have to deal with whatever I find out. What's done is done.

bear
                        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Hi Roxane

I don't have red palms, but I do suffer from Raynaulds Disease (mentioned earlier), but certainly have a red cheeks and nose and am a bit spotty. Have had the red face for about a month and it really does worry me. I went to the GP and told her that I was drinking too much and she gave me the details of a support group. Haven't quite got the guts to ask for a liver function test as I'm now paranoid that I've now caused a serious medical problem that is not going away. Am doing a liver detox at the moment, so I'm going to see if anything improves and try to pluck up the courage to face the music with the GP in a week or so. I went a/f for 4 days last week, had a 2 glass of wine glitch on Thursday and an a/f day yesterday.

I know we have to face up to the consequences of drinking, but I too like you are absolutely terrified of what they might find.

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband - it must be tough for you, but it's always reassuring to read about other people's experiences and to prove that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care and good luck
                          Sweet
                          xx

Comment

Working...
                          X