X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2021

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Morning and waves to the world,
    One last wardrobe to do and just the back bedroom to do. The S&H will be getting a gigantic IKEA box full of crap that he left behind when he and missus bought their house. Then he can do what he wants with it.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........cheeky cow. Have you thought of putting a mousetrap in your desk and handbag?
    X-post Jacks!! Love the mouse-trap idea!!!
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Appalling Bridge...I'd have her done for stalking!!
      Yes Stirly..agree with all that..and of course Joe wears the surgical masks but.....
      Mind you over here it would be unthinkable to go into an indoor public place without a mask so that's good...I'm just tired of it all..enjoy your hols Stirls...sounds lovely!
      At the dentist..my tooth is so sore now I think it is causing me to have a deaf ear....does shit EVER stop???
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].........that's not nice at all. :hug: I've had earache along with toothache and I hate to say this it turned out to be an abscess (sp) on the root. I needed anti-biotics on top of the rest of the invasion of my mouth.

There are notices in quite a few shops now that it is up to the customer whether or not to wear a mask........we mask up.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Root canal half done..he thinks he caught any bad bits but he gave me a script just in case...still numb but so relieved to have it started!
          I HATE HATE HATE wearing masks...but I wouldn't dream of not wearing one

Comment

Afternoon all.

Love the mouse trap idea, guess we should not have been surprised she rocked up on your doorstep Bridget.

Good luck with root canal Molly. That reminds me I had better make appointment with dentist.

Envy you your trip Stirly, it sounds amazing, even more so as it is bucketing down rain here.

On lunch break so better go back to the workhouse.

Comment

Ouch Molly, been there too.
              OMG bridge, how did the Snoop one get away with that!

Covid update here is that the whole family have it now. brother, wife and 2 kids. Just great. Hes asthmatic.

not jealous at all [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] (my nose is growing) - hope you have a ball.

Wet to Awesome Walls with the kids today (they wear a harness, climb walls and say that was awesome). Dropped my phone and its completely knackered now :sad:

Later!
              Last edited by IamMary; August 11, 2021, 06:12 PM.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I will buy a few mouse traps. Apparently we have a mouse plague on the way as well, just to finish off the year with a bang. How did the arse know where I live though...

Mary are we talking about Delta variant with that infected family? That's a big worry. Why do kids love dangling off things so much?

That little getaway of your sounds just perfect Stirly. Top down with the wind in the Stirly locks.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                  [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..........that poor family what a nightmare. The bollix about the young 'uns being less likely to get it should be rolled up and chucked in the bin. Do they have outside people that can help out?
                  I have this sinking feeling they rushed the vaccine so we think we're gods because we're vaccinated.

@byebyebridgetjone..........have a look around your house and work out where mice can get in and put some wire wool around the area. We had them years ago and I remember Starty giving me that handy hint years ago. It worked a treat.

Nothing else to report but I've got a rogue eyelash in my right eye and it isn't half sore.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning! Well we are pretty much all vaccinated here and our figures are going up....go figureosteroops:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      Nothing else to report but I've got a rogue eyelash in my right eye and it isn't half sore.
                      Go 'round to the nice lad in the opticians I went to that time. He was soooo nice...

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

Mary are we talking about Delta variant with that infected family? That's a big worry.
                        It's all Delta here now Bridge. People are infected but because the symptoms are different and mild in the vaccinated - it's being spread.
                        Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        Morning! Well we are pretty much all vaccinated here and our figures are going up....go figureosteroops:
                        People are going around carrying infection without knowing it.
                        Good news for the vaccinated like Joe Molls :hug: - not so good for the unvaccinated :egad:
                        Interesting to note that most of the people who have to go to hospital these days are those who are not fully vaccinated.
                        ICU admissions the same.
                        17 deaths in July - all were not vaccinated fully.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          It's all Delta here now Bridge. People are infected but because the symptoms are different and mild in the vaccinated - it's being spread.
                          People are going around carrying infection without knowing it.
                          Very true Satz, think I’ll just keep doing what I have been doing and keep away from any crowds. Going down west again next week. Have a boat trip and a hike planned. Plenty of fresh air. Don’t even want to think about another lockdown.

Have finished my full time work gig and definitely prefer part time. It is only once a year and for that I am thankful. Just in from work so need to get dinner sorted.

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............thanks for putting it in words I understand.

IMHO it'll become like the flu where we get a booster every year.

I've had my pneumonia jab(that's a one-off) two years ago and apparently, there's also a shingles vaccination. I'll just keep on rolling up my sleeves until they've run out of diseases.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            Go 'round to the nice lad in the opticians I went to that time. He was soooo nice...
                            He still is. I can't think what I'll do if he ever retires.

I got it out but it's sore. Luckily I've got my post-cataract check-up next week with one of his prodigies (Hannah) now, who is equally kind. He taught her well. I was more likely to break my neck as I had to climb on a chair to get at the eye drops.

Rightio nighty night, mind the bugs don't bite and wear your mask.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning fellow travelers. I have a day off work today so lots of running around to do and little jobs planned for what will be a lovely long weekend. Honestly can not wait till its a world of weekends. It’s not that I don’t like my job or that I am lazy, just I no longer wish to trade my limited valuable time on this mortal coil for money that will mostly be spent useless material goods I don’t actually ‘need’. I suppose we all change and grow as we get older, sometimes for the better sometimes not but at least we get a clearer view of what is important to us an what is not. Finally accepting I will never drink again and taking it completely off of the menu has enriched my existence beyond words, I wish it were easier to share this with people who are struggling, as was I for so many years, but it’s beautifully simple when you finally ‘get it’.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning and waves to the world.
                                Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                                Morning fellow travelers. Finally accepting I will never drink again and taking it completely off of the menu has enriched my existence beyond words, I wish it were easier to share this with people who are struggling, as was I for so many years, but it’s beautifully simple when you finally ‘get it’.
                                Absolutely agree 100%. I'm so happy that you have reached this stage.

Updates: Eye still hurts but I've got some eye drops I have to use til I see the optician next Thursday ...............the freezer is making the oddest noises.......so a man that can is coming out to have a look..........next Thursday. Next Thursday is going to be a busy day.
                                Jenny's year sevens got their results from the big exams they take at 15/16 and she's a happy bunny as they all passed so they can go on to higher education.
                                And we're ready to go on the last push of the re-furb which starts on Monday. I must have bored you silly over the last three years.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X