Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2021

Morning and waves to the universe.
    [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...........I thought it also made you magnetite.............I saw a very mad woman waving teaspoons and other metals explaining will stick to you if you get the vaccine............so it must be true. :egad:

Just a quickie got my lady what does my nails any minute .............the ones on my hands
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all.
      The three of us had a lovely walk too Rusters & then into Castletown House Cafe for breakfast.
      Bit of a stand off with MrS & the staff.
      He's normally a 'whatever' type of person but blankly refused to have his full Irish out of a plastic box just because we had sat at a table on the wrong side of an invisible line in the courtyard.
      It was same price as inside and not cheap for pot of tea, toast & Irish breakfast. € 30 ...... :hung:

He won & got brekkie ON A PLATE :sohappy:
      Instead of getting hot & bothered with him I just found it amusing & a lesson learned.

Me & Rosie needed a lie down after it zzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Morning and waves to the universe.
        [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...........I thought it also made you magnetite.............I saw a very mad woman waving teaspoons and other metals explaining will stick to you if you get the vaccine............so it must be true. :egad:

Just a quickie got my lady what does my nails any minute .............the ones on my hands
        Excuse me if I mentioned this before but I live in the least vaccinated county in Northern California. I took Mrs Techie for her booster shot of Moderna yesterday. Anti vaxxers with signs outside this clinic. I said, I bet your not anti ventilator. No response!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
          Excuse me if I mentioned this before but I live in the least vaccinated county in Northern California. I took Mrs Techie for her booster shot of Moderna yesterday. Anti vaxxers with signs outside this clinic. I said, I bet your not anti ventilator. No response!
          I just don't get the anti-vaxxers. If they do not want the vaccine - then don't get it - why do they have to march & protest ?

Some awful stuff going on over here with recently bereaved families of young people being hijacked and using the vax as the reason for their deaths.
          They even use their loved ones photos to promote their campaign without permission - and the families do not have the money to sue them .... madness.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            I just don't get the anti-vaxxers. If they do not want the vaccine - then don't get it - why do they have to march & protest ?

Some awful stuff going on over here with recently bereaved families of young people being hijacked and using the vax as the reason for their deaths.
            They even use their loved ones photos to promote their campaign without permission - and the families do not have the money to sue them .... madness.
            The world has indeed gone mad. I feel like we’re living in a simulation on a computer that's overheating!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sorry to be missing. Been a real misery as well as having a sore leg I have not been able to get out for my runs or walks.
              My family are all away and busy so days have been lonely and the insomnia has been dreadful. The drinking to block it out has been so tempting.
              HOWEVER, I managed to get a grip a few days ago and ordered and downloaded a hypnotherapy,meditation thing.
              Since then I have had 2 fairly good nights sleep, made some plans and got myself back into reading.
              I hope to spend most of October in a hotel near my daughter in Oslo. I will only stay in her flat for a week or so as she only has one bed and would give it to me. As she has a full on job over there I reckon that is the ideal solution.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                Sorry to be missing. Been a real misery as well as having a sore leg I have not been able to get out for my runs or walks.
                My family are all away and busy so days have been lonely and the insomnia has been dreadful. The drinking to block it out has been so tempting.
                HOWEVER, I managed to get a grip a few days ago and ordered and downloaded a hypnotherapy,meditation thing.
                Since then I have had 2 fairly good nights sleep, made some plans and got myself back into reading.
                I hope to spend most of October in a hotel near my daughter in Oslo. I will only stay in her flat for a week or so as she only has one bed and would give it to me. As she has a full on job over there I reckon that is the ideal solution.
                Morning everyone,

So sorry to hear that you are going through all that Brit but glad you are getting some sleep. Do you have an Airbnb account? that might be ideal if you could get one close to your daughter. I was looking at some in Stockholm a while ago before my daughter managed to get home as Sweden was easier to get into than Norway at that stage. It would mean that you would have your own kitchen etc. Not sure how expensive they are but might be cheaper than a hotel.

The world has indeed gone crazy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion regarding the vaccine and I would not dream of protesting or abusing the anti-vaxers. Wish they would afford others the same courtesy and it is horrific the way they have hi-jacked families and are using dead members for their purposes, without consent! You are right Techie regarding ventilators, they would be first in the queue.

Another beautiful morning here and just back from a walk in the woods. Feet up with a coffee and having a read. Dreaded grocery shopping then awaits.

Comment

Morning and waves to the universe,
                  [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]...........sweetheart I can't begin to imagine what your going through. Don't apologize for being miserable you've been through a heap of stress and moreover the last year. I was going to suggest a bereavement counselor but that's your decision.
                  I'm happy that you're getting away..........and you've just reminded me I've got a relaxation app on my old phone..........I use it as an alarm clock.............think I'll start using it again.
                  BTW Norway seems to be the place to go..........might give it a go next year

Now the ante-vaccers.............its their decision. Gathering en-masse waving an old bit of cardboard isn't going to change people's minds. Tbh I'm in favour of turning them away from hospitals if they're ante-vaccine. A bit controversial but even now our doctors and nurses (I love nurses.....we've got loads in our family) are overwhelmed even now.

Tiny bit of happy........our Jenny's coming up for a couple of days and our niece reaches the grand old age of 24.

_
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh MrsA..you really are going through the wringer bless you...sounds like you're doing all the right things tho...just keep on doing and eventually life will just seem not so hard...I find reading is my 'safe place'..always has been:hug:
                    Evening all else..still house hunting...moving on to Co Galway now...might go down tomorrow and have a wee gander.
                    No other news...hope you all okay xxxx
                    Last edited by mollyka; August 26, 2021, 02:18 PM.
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Oh MsA so sorry you were so lonely with none of your normal outlets like running :hug:

BUT ...... just look at you taking control, figuring it out on your own and doing something about it - just WONDERFUL !!! :hug:
                      Last edited by satz123; August 26, 2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Good morning and waves to the undies and across the pond,

Bank holiday this weekend..............next one is Christmas Day.:egad:

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], nipping up to see your pal at the optician to pick up some new glasses. I'll give him your love.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Delighted Jenny is coming for a visit. It will give you a boost, I know I felt that way after having my daughter home for the week. More contented somehow, spending time with her and knowing she was ok. . Enjoy your holiday weekend, we had one beginning of this month and have another end of October. I have a roundy birthday that weekend so must take some days off.

Another beautiful morning here and again had a wonderful walk with the doggies before it got too hot. Love Galway Molly, we could end up being neighbors. If you see anything on water let me know.

Going away tomorrow for a few days again so need to pack.

Comment

Well the one I've spotted is virtually on a swimming fishing lake....had no idea there were lakes in Galway...but the oh so important estate agents WFH..don't bother answering calls. This WFH effort is absolutely WRECKING my head..when you eventually get to speak to anyone in ANY organisation they can't do anything ..they even tell me they'll have to put me on to someone 'in the office' happened with Laya healthcare...Eflow....and Vodafone....ALL this week...what a poxy joke...FFS..just go to work!!! I'm really really pissed off with the nonsense..I'm sure they're all loving the 'work/life fucking balance'...but how's about a bit of work now and again????
                            Rant over....good day everyone:welldone:

Comment

I need glasses too JC
                              Can't afford them!! Enjoy your time with Jenny..Jill is back to work so life very peaceful in these parts!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                Well the one I've spotted is virtually on a swimming fishing lake....had no idea there were lakes in Galway...but the oh so important estate agents WFH..don't bother answering calls. This WFH effort is absolutely WRECKING my head..when you eventually get to speak to anyone in ANY organisation they can't do anything ..they even tell me they'll have to put me on to someone 'in the office' happened with Laya healthcare...Eflow....and Vodafone....ALL this week...what a poxy joke...FFS..just go to work!!! I'm really really pissed off with the nonsense..I'm sure they're all loving the 'work/life fucking balance'...but how's about a bit of work now and again????
                                Rant over....good day everyone:welldone:
                                Know exactly how you feel. Spent 4 or 5 days ringing estate agents regarding a viewing. Nobody came back to me and eventually someone left a voicemail that it was being bought by a family member and off the market!!

Comment

Working...
                                X