Struggling with the daily things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think we all have `overload` days Beaches. We`re all behind you, and thanks for being here for us.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Beaches glad you are feeling calmer now.

I don't have children so never feel qualified to talk or give advise but I'm sending you a big :l .

Take care of you too if you have a little time,

Kitty
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
      Confucius

Comment

Beaches.....you are a great mother and my heart goes out to you during these challenging times. Stay strong and remember that YOU are important too. I agree with Simey, how about some Beaches time. Love, Bella xxxxx

Comment

Oh Beaches-being a mom is so hard. You feel everything for them. Sending big hugs your way.
          Attached files [img]/converted_files/270243=1151-attachment.gif[/img]
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Oh Beaches...sorry I didn't respond earlier..I just saw the post.

I'm sorry it was such a rough day for you but, I know you know in your heart it is going to get better with your son as he gets used to his new surroundings and it becomes a routine for him. My son is ADHD and there are days that just seem so overwhelming. Like anything it ebbs and flows....some days are going to be better than others and we are all here for you for support and when you need to vent. :l
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Beaches,

My Mother in Law is a 1:1 aid in the classroom for an autistic child. She is in California. Is there any help like that in your school system to be with him during the school day?

Sending hugs and love:l
              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Beaches, I want to give you a hug, and any extra deep breaths I have. Thinking of you Rudemama:l

Comment

Hi Beaches, thanks so much for coming to us to vent... You have every reason to feel the way you do and you handled yourself really well with your sons needs always in forfront.. We are all here for you and I just wanted to send you a smile and a cyber hug... Did you catch it !!! Aww,,, here's another one for good measure. ~ Niblet ~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Beaches,
                    I am so sorry I am responding so late- I just saw this. Having a child with autism myself, I know exactly how you feel. It is heartbreaking to see other people's reactions to our children. It is so hard I know. Sophie has time before kindergarten and I have no idea what will happen when it is time for her to go, but I know now, just taking her to our local park, how different she is, it is a painful reminder. Sometimes I forget she has autism because she is my child and I am used to her temperment, other times I just cry and cry for her (and for myself truthfully). You have a lot going on right now and I really admire you so much- I have only one child and I feel so overwhelmed, I honestly don't know how you do it but you are just an amazingly strong and positive person. I strive to be more like you. Hang in there hon. :h
                    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

sorry im late but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx an a thanks 4 all the good u done me so far, and info i hope u keep chin up xx
                      :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Hi honey,
                        I've only just seen this post - I've been on vacation and not been online. I know exactly how you feel. Alex went to special Ed preschool and then was mainstreamed with a 1:1 person (TSS) when he went into kindergarten. We then moved across the state and he had to start all over again getting to know another set of kids and thanks to the red tape I've told you about before, he didn't get another TSS for over two months. As a result, he not only had the change of environment to deal with and a bunch of new people but he had to do it on his own. He had some pretty major meltdowns in the beginning and, of course all the other children stared at him. I got daily reports from his teacher who was wonderful but it broke my heart thinking of him thrown into the deep end like that and I was so worried that he'd get a reputation as the 'wierd kid' who cries for no reason and hits himself and other people when he gets mad. On the contrary, the other kids soon realised the things that made him upset, like not being called on to answer a question and they actively helped him out - one little boy used to motion to the teacher when Alex had his hand up, trying to get her to call on him! He's now just finished first grade and has three or four kids who are truly his friends and look out for him. They accept his 'quirkiness' and outbursts and still want to be around him. So have hope - Alec will be starting with the aide who'll be able to help keep his behaviors under more control and the other kids WILL accept him and some of them will take him under their wing. It's amazing how kind hearted kids can be. The other thing schools around here have been doing is a class on autism to help explain to the other kids what it's about and how autistic children often behave. Does NY have such a program? If not I know there are lots of books written for teachers to read to their class to help explain autism - I can give you some pointers if you like. Well, I've waffled on far too long so here's big hugs for you:l :l :l :l By the way, it's really eerie how much we have in common. Sam, my 10 year old is about to have his tonsils and maybe his adenoids removed after having seven bouts of strep throat since March...... Keep in touch and always know I'm here if you need to vent.
                        "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson :rays:

Comment

Hi Beaches - I know exactly how you feel. Just when you think your child isn't "tooo abnormal", you see him with a group of nprmal kids and really notice the disparity and it hurts. Even going to the grocery store and seeing all the moms with normal kids turns an errand into a painful experience. Anyway, Scooby - so glad to hear your child is doing well. My son is way more severe and has had alot of one on one intervention since the age of 2, he's 12 now. (he still has a private one - on- one teacher). Anyway, he never got to the point of being close to "normal" - However, he is the best Michael he can be and we really worked on the "rules of the classroom" and on paying attention and he's so much better with reigning in "weird" behaivior (he even uses the word "weird") and is careful not to do weird behaiviors.

It's a hard situation and I wish every parent with a disabled or sick child all the best and I send my prayers to all of you. All the more reason to be health for our kids that need us more than most and will need us longer than most.

Comment

Thank you all so much. I guess that is what it was. My son is my son at home and he is treated equally and he is no different he just merges with our family life. Then to see him in a setting where people were looking at him so differently just knocked me off center a little because I didn't know if he realized it and I didn't want his feelings to be hurt. Of course I wouldn't know that because he doesn't talk a lot yet.

However I am feeling much better with everything. He has a 1:1 aide starting over the summer to train with this current teachers and current 1:1 aide and a consultant who will be training his new staff in autism which will be good. We toured the new school a couple times and will be going back over the summer as well.

I guess I need to stop worrying about him so much. I know that at his age children will accept and love him as much as we do. He also has a twin sister going to the same school so I am sure she will keep an eye out for him

Thank you again, your encouraging words mean a lot to me.
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                            X