Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Thread with Extra tinsel and Joy

Morning,

Waves to Jude, Cowboy,Pauly.,techie.................don't be strangers...................nip in whenever you want and thank you for the good wishes.:hug:

Boxing day here................you'll have to google there's so many reasons why the Brits call it that I got confused.

Load coming for lunch today............luckily its buffet style.

Still no news on Jenny's fiance's granddad.............he's hanging on. Jenny made her first Christmas dinner yesterday.

Oh and I bawled my eyes out watching the Snow Dog

Tabbers it dawned on me a while ago to realise that all the empty bottles over Christmas were mainly mine. I just spent Christmas functioning rat-arsed.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]................I'm the same. I'm full. Might squeeze in a couple of sausage rolls at lunch time.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............envy overflowing but tomorrow it will be just me and Mr. JC. I love my family dearly but we don't half need I rest. Now get yerself to the settee with a book.

Right onward and upwards. Cakes to ice and sausage rolls and quiches to heat through.
    Last edited by JackieClaire; December 26, 2021, 06:06 AM.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning everyone

Lovely peaceful day here too. Ate way, way too much, still full, could not look at food this morning.

Watched a few movies and that was it. Out early this morning walking the doggies. Two days without a walk would be too much. Feet up now reading and doing absolutely nothing for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Mr JC is driving me round the twist got the dyson in one hand, a t-towel hanging out the back of his trousers and telling me every other minute what he's doing.
        Pity me [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - that is my life EVERY DAY I don't escape to work ............

Comment

Happy St. Stephen's Day to all !
          Drama upon drama
          1) The effing heating decided to pack it in in the second half of the day yesterday . Luckily it's mild and we have the open fire.
          2) My niece was here yesterday. She's been LFTing for a week and this morning she tested positive.
          That makes us close contacts. All 4 of us including the Germans who are heading on belated honeymoon on Wednesday :egad:
          The feckin drama !!!
          3) Went to Boots ........cost me €60 for 10 home tests - FFS ! They are testing every time I look at them here.
          Last edited by satz123; December 26, 2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            Happy St. Stephen's Day to all !
            Drama upon drama
            1) The effing heating decided to pack it in in the second half of the day yesterday . Luckily it's mild and we have the open fire.
            2) My niece was here yesterday. She's been LFTing for a week and this morning she tested positive.
            That makes us close contacts. All 4 of us including the Germans who are heading on belated honeymoon on Wednesday :egad:
            The feckin drama !!!
            3) Went to Boots ........cost me €60 for 10 home tests - FFS ! They are testing every time I look at them here.
            Oh dear God!...you'll be stuck with the Germans for weeks!!
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Christmas was a challenge but I was up to it. Another party still lay ahead New Years eve. I will stand strong and remain optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by mountain Dreamer View Post
                Christmas was a challenge but I was up to it. Another party still lay ahead New Years eve. I will stand strong and remain optimistic.
                Hi there and welcome...well done navigating christmas...maybe swerve the party ...nothing more important than grabbing sobriety when your mind is telling you it's the right time...that's priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by mountain Dreamer View Post
                  Agree with Molly up there ..... make your excuses & do not go to the new year party ...... COVID 'close contact' can be used positively in this case as a reason you couldn't possibly go :thumbsup:
                  And yes WELL DONE on the challenge of Christmas - that was not easy .... keep going !!!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    Oh dear God!...you'll be stuck with the Germans for weeks!!
                    :egad:

Comment

Morning!!..any updates on Covid status chez Satz?

Lovely morning here..like a summers day like WTF??

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        Morning!!..any updates on Covid status chez Satz?

Lovely morning here..like a summers day like WTF??
                        Germans going for proper tests today :egad:
                        Fingers crossed - life won't be worth living ....

I'm waiting for my boss to tell me what to do - I'm due in tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          Germans going for proper tests today :egad:
                          Fingers crossed - life won't be worth living ....

I'm waiting for my boss to tell me what to do - I'm due in tomorrow
                          Jaysus....please God yiz are all clear!!

Comment

Good morning everyone

Fingers crossed Satz. We will be in the same position next week as will half the country with people trying to go back to work.

Send a bit of sun over here Molly, very foggy and rainey. Managed to get a walk in with the doggies though.

Comment

Figured I'd stop by and deliver a cake, and I won't even "@" the recipient! But huge congrats Molly on a big one!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].......................a decade. Congratulations to a dear friend :hug:

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]................fingers crossed for the newly weds.
                                [MENTION=24708]mountain Dreamer[/MENTION] and a warm welcome to you.

Got a little bit of good news to share actually its not little its HUGE. I may have to change my user name to Granny Jackie Claire.

The son and heir and his missus are having a baby..................due in mid June. We found out Christmas day and I've had to keep my gob shut until the whole family knew. We are dizzy with excitement.
                                Last edited by JackieClaire; December 27, 2021, 08:01 AM.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X