X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Thread with Extra tinsel and Joy

Morning all !
    I'm worn out already. !!
    Why can't anyone put the fecking coffee mug in the dishwasher instead of ON IT!!

The makings of another Full Irish breakfast was in the fridge :egad:
    I hid what I could in the freezer.
    They are having porridge ...... result !!!

Comment

Morning,
      We're wrapped, got a fridge full of food and ready to start the season to be greedy. We had our annual mega quarrel. We're friends again now.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]..............what bonnie lass you've got there and she can run. :egad:Well done her. Healing vibes coming your way.:hug:

We've got a bee eating Romanian rescue hound.He eats proper dog food now I will be advertising for someone to smack my hand as I can't help having a wee look at Pawprints to Freedom..............its the rescue place where got Mikey from.

Mind you after having Bess, she was a Labrador , she would eat anything, but Labs are known for being greedy. Bess once ate half a cauliflower cheese which was on the bench.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........you've just guilted me into putting my mug in the dishwasher and the milk back in the fridge.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Morning,
        We're wrapped, got a fridge full of food and ready to start the season to be greedy. We had our annual mega quarrel. We're friends again now.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]..............what bonnie lass you've got there and she can run. :egad:Well done her. Healing vibes coming your way.:hug:

We've got a bee eating Romanian rescue hound.He eats proper dog food now I will be advertising for someone to smack my hand as I can't help having a wee look at Pawprints to Freedom..............its the rescue place where got Mikey from.

Mind you after having Bess, she was a Labrador , she would eat anything, but Labs are known for being greedy. Bess once ate half a cauliflower cheese which was on the bench.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........you've just guilted me into putting my mug in the dishwasher and the milk back in the fridge.
        Well in fairness Max is currently eating a dustpan and brush
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Afternoon everyone

God you are organized JC. I still have to do the big shop, probably Wednesday and pick up the turkey and ham then too. The airport was very different this year. Two years ago it was wonderful, children’s choirs from the local schools singing Christmas carols. Great atmosphere. Last year I wasn’t let inside, I met her outside the door. This year I did get in but a very different, somber atmosphere and a lot of emotion and tears. People seem to be worn out. Great to have her home. She’s doing a course and it is online so she has been busy with that all day. She was meant to be going out to dinner last night with two very good friends but one of them now has covid so she will be lucky to even see her before she goes back.

Hope your dustpan and brush survived Molly. I am thoroughly sick of cleaning at this stage, he can come here and chew a few brushes. With five dogs I’d hardly notice another! How is Rosie after her full Irish? That used to happen here every Xmas when we had the goldie and he did it one Xmas Eve with one of the JR’s giving her ham. Had us all up half the night.

Comment

Hi folks. Feeling better today. Spent most of the night reading the new Amor Towles book. Mrs Techie doing so much better after the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion. This needs to be administered w/I ten days of infection. We are so blessed that it was recommended to us. Miraculous therapy. Have a wonderful day!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good news Techie.

Is this infusion readily available and commonplace over there? Haven't heard much of it in these here parts.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                Well in fairness Max is currently eating a dustpan and brush
                :hahaha:

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...........sounds interesting. Will definitely have a proper read.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]...........not organized just repeating what we did last year and years before that for Christmas day. Mr JC has to pick up the turkey and pork first thing on Christmas Eve. The butcher's actually opening at 5am..
                We've got a houseful Boxing day (St Stephen's in your world) as well...............I've cheated and bought all the quiches and stuff. Once upon a time I'd have done it all myself. Its paper plates and napkins these days.

You sound weary, pet. Have one of these :hug:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

@rustop59
                  Yes the airport was pathetic this year with regard to being festive.
                  At arrivals there were 2 scabby Christmas trees. Even our tree was bigger.
                  They used to have HUGE colourful bows on the sliding doors where the returning passengers came through and families waited ..... nope replaced with and advertisement.
                  No lights outside that I could see either. Most disappointing effort indeed.

The best bit - where the passport security guy always looks at your passport & says "welcome home Satz or ( insert name) " - I always get warm fuzzies at that & tear up .... and I've only been away 2 weeks :haha:
                  DD said no they didn't bother

Jesus - we'll all be suicidal by Christmas day at that rate ........
                  Last edited by satz123; December 20, 2021, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Deffo gloomy air now...Christmas will be a miracle if half our families make it without contacting Covid....I can't make myself affeared of it anymore so can't help thinking it's a lot of faff about little. 100 in ICU and very few deaths weekly...at this stage with 95% vaccinated and boosters being flung at folk t does feel a bit 'like the flu'. ...I know....sacrilege!

Comment

Late night check in, asleep already...
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning slackers

Comment

Morning. Still in bed here.
                          Have to rouse myself now & bring Rosie for a walk.
                          The 'Germans' are up & planning their day. That does not include minding a dog.

They are packing up today to go into Dublin to stay in the Westbury for a night ( wedding gift they say )
                          They stay here on & off until 29th when they fly to Barbados for late honeymoon. :egad:

FFS ! I deffo married for love not money :haha:
                          Last edited by satz123; December 21, 2021, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Morning,
                            I have not been slacking I've been stuck down my side of the bed trying to get half a packet of ibuprofen that had slipped down there between the bed and the bedside cabinet. Every time I got a wee hold it would slip again. Gawd only knows why but it became a battle. I was not going to be beaten................the fact there's another packet in the kit hen cupboard wasn't going to stop me......................Now I would humbly ask if this post could be put in the most boring post ever typed on MWO.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I had pals who held out for rich guys...me like an eejit fell in love and endured poverty..

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                I had pals who held out for rich guys...me like an eejit fell in love and endured poverty..
                                Evening all

Ah it’s better to marry for love Molly, bet you would not change a thing. Money is not everything.

Do you love your new kit hen Mary? Bet it’s fab. Spending lots of time in mine at the moment. Just made a batch of mince pies.

Keeping everything crossed that none of us come down with Covid over next few days. My friend woke up with symptoms this morning. She’s a vaccinator so meeting tons of people every day. Now it might be only a cold but she went for test.

Stay safe everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X