Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Thread with Extra tinsel and Joy

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Just popped in to say good night then blooming started reading .......................same over here
    Increased alcohol consumption during the pandemic is likely driving an unprecedented acceleration in alcoholic liver disease death say PHE

@mollyka..................I don't know how she did it but my SIL got all her old photos and Ma and Pa's ancient photos put onto DVDs. She didn't do it herself found a place that could and would do it.

Got myself some new boots today courtesy of my in-laws Chrimbo money although we're expecting temperatures of 17C plus in the next few days I'll be wearing flip flops .

:hahaha: We need a decent bit of weather [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]

Comment

Gidday pilgrim's,

17C must be real balmy up there JC.

Good to see you Fickstar!

Tsunami's, the various variants no doubt on their way - omicron, omegatron, Elvis, Joanna, unitron, bradtron etc, etc. They will do what they will do. What can i do? I can walk through the chaos, storms, tsunami's with inner resilience already intact. The inner resilience, calm, strength, a result of the inner process needed to get and stay sober.

A great time for reflection and congratulations aimed at ourselves.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Late check in. Stuck into season 3 of succession.. Guess I'll be up until 4am..

No plans for tomorrow night. Waiting on a pcr to decide where my folks land. Thankfully they take all of this in their stride..
        I doubt there will be many proper parties..
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning ..hi Fickle...just visiting or are you staying around?
          NYE jaysus that crept up on me...guessing I'll be in bed by 10...not my favourite time..hoping STRONGLY that 2022 will be an improvement...sick of the glums! I will aim for MrG's inner resilience!!

Now..Will I get up....mebbe....mebbe not:applouse:
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post

Now..Will I get up....mebbe....mebbe not:applouse:
            Morning all - I ain't getting up till it's bright.
            So fecking dark these mornings.
            It's like the grey sky is pressing down on us ........ and our moods....... no wonder the Irish drink FFS !

Comment

This is funny from Twitter.... #The Grand Auld Stretch ( in the evenings )
              Counts the sunrise / sunset by the seconds & minutes as days get longer & brighter

Comment

Morning.................would have still been in bed but my bladder made me get up.

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION].................how lovely to see you. Don't be a stranger

We'll see the bells tonight...............then its off to beddy byes.

[MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION].................17C is a positive heatwave oop North.

Got a lot to look forward to in 2022, a new member of the family, Jenny's wedding and I get my pension and a free bus pass.

Off to see Ma and Pa in law. I remember the first time I met them..............I was so nervous I fainted.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone

It really is dark these mornings. I am usually awake early but stay in bed and read. Have been meeting my friend at 9 every morning to walk. We have it done before the crowds descend.

Great to have something to look forward to and 2022 is going to be a great one for you JC, richly deserved. I thought when 2020 was over everything would be better but that was not the case. This year I am taking it as it comes. Am usually in bed around 10 but may stay up with himself tonight, he is the night owl and stays up watching movies.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                    Good morning everyone

It really is dark these mornings. I am usually awake early but stay in bed and read. Have been meeting my friend at 9 every morning to walk. We have it done before the crowds descend.

Great to have something to look forward to and 2022 is going to be a great one for you JC, richly deserved. I thought when 2020 was over everything would be better but that was not the case. This year I am taking it as it comes. Am usually in bed around 10 but may stay up with himself tonight, he is the night owl and stays up watching movies.
                    Hiya folks -- had a busy but lovely day -- bit of a family worry going on still - but it just seems a little teenchy bit less of a worry today -- had Tilly for the afternoon -- we made a myriad of jigsaws and then she 'helped' us packing up some china and shit -- she was actually quite handy ;-) but my god 4 year olds talk a lot -my heads SPINNING!!

Anyways -- yes Rusters - the days are very short -- but I do think there is a wee stretch in the evenings haha!!! - Max sleeps with the darkness so goes to bed at 4.30 and gets up at 8 --- 'twas 4.45 today!!

It will be lovely to look forward to a grandchild Jackie -- they are precious commodities indeed - and a wedding as well -- you'll be fierce busy!

Anyhow -- don't think I'll be up till midnight -- so I'll wish you all a happy new year -- my god -- we need it!!!
                    night folks and see ye in 2022

Comment

In the words of a Beatle : "Another year over .... a new one just begun "....
                      Happy New Year Army & assorted dropper-inners
                      :heartbeat:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        In the words of a Beatle : "Another year over .... a new one just begun "....
                        Happy New Year Army & assorted dropper-inners
                        :heartbeat:

I'm still here in the land of the living...so wot she said from me too...night all and sundry xxxxx:hug:

Comment

Happy New Year, Army!!!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy New Year everyone

Comment

Happy new year :heartbeat:
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                              X